main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Daily Trivia

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, May 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    That was nice of him.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    The submarine models built for Das Boot were the same ones used in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

3. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Between 20,000 and 60,000 bees live in a single hive. The queen bee lays nearly 1,500 eggs a day and lives for up to 2 years. The drone, whose only job it is to mate with the queen bee, has a lifespan of around 24 days - they have no stinger. Worker bees - all sterile females - usually work themselves to death within 40 days, collecting pollen and nectar. Worker bees will fly up to 9 miles (14km) to find pollen and nectar, flying at speeds as fast as 15 mph (24km/h).

4. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Cut-outs of a moon and a star were used in colonial times on outhouse doors to designate the gender of the intended user. Originally, the moon cut-out was for women and the star was for the men. But men's outhouses were usually such a mess that men preferred using the women's outhouses. So, eventually the use of stars were phased out.

5. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Well, that would be a hard life. Hatch, have sex for 24 days and die.

6. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Good point. Er...bad point. Sucks to be them.

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, after the sex, the workers wait on the drones hand and foot and wing. Which is great for a while. Then, when the cold starts, they do one of three things - kill the drones, kick then out of the hive or ignore them and let them starve to death. THAT'S when the sucky part begins.

8. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/trollsm.jpg]
    Did you know that the average pencil can draw a line 35 miles long before it runs out of lead?

Now who tested this out? I hope they weren't using any tax dollars...

9. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Well of COURSE they were. Bunch of republicans and democrats, sitting in a pub getting smashed (which, we should recognize, is the only TRUE bipartisan atmosphere. The only other bipartisanship means "the other team sacrificing their values and beleifs so we can do it MY WAY)

n e way, back to the politicians. They are sitting in the pub at nine in the morning, having their fourth drink of the day, and after belching, the senior democrat in the gathering asks:
    "I wonder how long the line a pe- a pe- a..."
    A Republican breaks in for him
    "Persimmon?"
    The junior democrat:
    "penguin?"
    The senior republican:
    "penis?"
    The senior democrat sloppily interrupts. "No! A pen-cil. Yeah! I wonder how long a line one of those things can draw?"
    They all sit there in alcohol induced stupor. Eventually, the Senior Republican asks the question and thr process starts over again.
    Now the aides and interns for these men are sitting at other tables, sober as can be. They decide that the legislators truly want to know this, so they mark it down on their various palm pilots and what not.

The next day the legislators go to their offices, and receive notice that the vote on that bill they discussed last night was coming up. The legislators, too embarrased to reveal they can't recall what they did last night and CERTAINLY don't remember dressing up in men and women's underwear (the opposite of their gender) give it their full backing on the floor, not at ANY time knowing what the **** they are talking about.
    So it gets passed and they spend a cool 40 mil on a project like this.

that's how MOST laws happen

10. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey.......government works. :D

11. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    so did my perpetual motion machine

12. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000

ROFLAMO
    Did you stay up all night thinking of pencils or something?

Here's a new one:
    Long ago in England, sheperds kept a count of their sheep by carving notches in their sticks. These notches were called skors. And that's where the word score came from.

13. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    that's a good one!

Workers in central Europe, fearing that automation in mills would end their jobs threw their wooden shoes, called sabo into the machines to stop them.

Hence the term "sabotage"

14. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Ewan McGregor is the nephew of Denis Lawson - die-hards will recognise him as the actor that played the ever-popular Wedge Antilles.

15. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    die hards? You have to be a die hard to recognize THAT? C'mon. All you have to do it have a fascination with pilots.

Fans will also note that Lawson was in the popular Horatio Hornblower series on A&E.

16. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I forgot about your obsession with pilots. I bet they have to restrain you on commercial air flights.

17. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000

Hmmm..don't have any weird flying facts.
    Sorry.
    How about this one?

"Mind Your Own Business" was the motto printed on the first coin ever issued by the United States Government.

18. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    no, they don't have to restrain me... I'm too big to get on the damn sardine cans anyway. I'm 6'1" and I weigh so damn much...

even if I COULD restraints wouldn't work, they'd have to sedate me

(no, I do not SERIOUSLY have problems on all but the smallest commuter planes)

19. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Rhythms is the longest commonly known word in the English language without any of the five vowels (a,e,i,o,u).

20. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    It is estimated that the average person living in North America opens the fridge 22 times daily.

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian-born former bodybuilding champion and film superstar, is more than brute brawn. He holds a degree in business and finance from the University of Wisconsin, and had earned a small fortune in mail-order and real estate before he launched his career in the film industry.

22. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/greenfrontal.jpg]

Cool. Hey Joshua, I tried to see your website and I couldn't get in ary particular reason?

Anyway? Did you know that in South Bend it is illegal for monkeys to smoke cigarettes?

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
  24. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/orangeside.jpg] Actually I had. I had clicked on your sig line. Nice site though, did you do all that by yourself?

Anyway, it's state law in Indianna baths can not be taken between the months of October and March.

25. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    OK smartie pants..the server is back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.