main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    The recent reports have been proven false

Ryus likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    For the most part I agree, I don't get worked up over any rumor (only bad reporting, seperate issue in my mind) and it's only just over a year away from coming out. :D

However I actually expect the mystery machine to go into overdrive somewhere between now and us finally knowing.

Most of the bad press related to Star Trek Into Darkness was generated by denying rumors from the final few months, not misleading rumor hunters before hand. So if any lesson was learned by JJ beyond 'not lying' once it's obvious it's that until such point he can misdirected as much as he wants. So until trailers hit or photos (not old concept art, such as that villain concept art that recently broke) I will view every rumor as likely at best only being partially right and at worst totally wrong and purposely misleading. Sorry but I just feel it's in JJ's nature to mislead until he can't anymore (after ST:ID anyway) after which case he'l make a cool video showing what he can't hide anymore (or wants to advertise, like Bob to show off he's using puppets and not cgi to build trust with those who didn't like the prequals) just to temporarily appease rumor hunters.

3. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    Its rather sad how easy people believe one of the most creative minds in the history of cinema is just going to rehash a comic

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Nobody at Pixar is making Star Wars.

Dent likes this.
  5. leia-jade

leia-jade Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 20, 2014
    Yikes. That's a far leap to take.

Daisy shows the lightsaber to her "friend," John? How did they become friends so quickly? Why is MSW claiming there's a message attached, while the original rumor says Han is the one to identify it as Luke's?

Claire1976 and Ryus like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @leia-jade
    check the hand thread Making goes about it more in detail.

7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    John could have already defected from the Empire and be friends with Daisy before the film opens.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    The more I read from MSW and Devin and the rest, the more it feels like they're doing everything they can to keep the rumors they've pushing viable by downplaying the comic book links because the alternative is they were punked hard and have zero credibility (and therefore zero reason for people to come give them the clicks they need to stay in business) going forward.

The fact is that we have no solid clue on any of the plot anymore, including many of the specific roles our new actors will be playing. About all we can say for certain regarding Daisy is she was on location in Abu Dubai, Puzzlewood and Sellig Michael and that the first two also included John while that the latter included Mark... oh, and her dad let slip that Daisy was playing the daughter of a princess and an action hero when a reporter side-stepped the usual channels and interviewed the people who might know a little something but weren't trained in what NOT to say immediately after the news of her casting broke.

And its honestly that last one that I consider easily the MOST credible rumor we've had about Daisy's role in the entire process and why I'm pretty much 95% that she's a Solo daughter... because what girl who's still living at home with her parents, is debating getting out of the acting business entirely and then lands the role of a lifetime doesn't spill who she's playing to her folks?

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    That's boring though. It would be great to see two people from opposite sides of the fence become friends and watch the conflict build within the one who has to make a decision as to either defect or do their job.

10. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013
    LOL, her dad didn't slip, it was that reporter's speculation since that line was not quoted like the rest of her father's comments.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    False rumors? Say it isn't so!

CairnsTony and Ryus like this.
  12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    That could also mean they paraphrased the father, maybe not to get him and Daisy in trouble after a slip up and/or just to remain on disney's good side while still reporting what they where required to. The comment was stated as if it had come from the father (just not in quotes) not authors speculation. Neither of us know why the reported said what that, its speculation on our parts as to what exactly it meant.

Claire1976 likes this.
  13. leia-jade

leia-jade Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 20, 2014
    I asked MSW about their source re: the message in Luke's lightsaber to his family. This was their reply on Twitter: "I think I got that last Friday. But it might have been elsewhere. Not taking credit for something on accident."

So, basically... they don't know for sure where it came from, and they've had this rumor for a week (maybe!), yet told someone else in this thread they "hadn't heard anything" conclusive about Daisy being a Solo or not.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  15. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013
    I think they said that they heard nothing about Daisy being a Solo, as in not even the slightest hint. But hey, can't fault them for that, since LR, Devin and Billy from infamous knows nothing about her character either.

16. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    And to be fair, we know squat beyond speculation about Gleeson, Von Sydow or Issacs' characters either... or even what Carrie is actually up to (we know Mark was on Skellig Michael and Ford was at least in proximity to the Falcon due to the door injury... but we've got NOTHING on Carrie at all unless you count blonde hair).

17. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    We do know that Daisy character is important since she has been on two locations with (reportedly) only one other cast member (John In the desert and Mark in Ireland); that is a lot of money and time for a character with this many different cast members. So whether she be a cool non-Solo/Skywalker or a boring 'yea she a Solo/Skywalker', chances are her role will be the last one we get the most information on. Probably right up to the toy reveled.

18. soul8luos

Sep 19, 2013

Three. The other being Puzzlewood with three Rockers.

19. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Ah that is right 'Kira' was there, wasn't she. Okay, it is her journey we will be seeing ... it will be months before we find out. Like next fall.

20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'd say it's likeliest that the reporter put their own supposition in to the article and whilst it's not inconceivable that it came from her Dad, I'd say likely not.

As for protecting her father or staying on Disney's good side however.... this is the Daily Mirror. They couldn't care less about upsetting her father or Disney. If they had a scoop on the movie, it would be all over their paper even if it was unbelievably spoilerific.:)

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep thinking this thread is about John Boyega for some reason...

TheBBP likes this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

We zig often when we should be zagging. That is how we roll here.

23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I just reread it. Seems to me that the reporter was commenting on the fathers theory of who she is, not inserting his own opinion.

At least that's how it should be read if you take it at face value and not a masterful way to insert the authors opinion. Sorry I just think your reading too much into it.

After all, it's not unlikely her dad would draw that conclusion... especially since in that article her reaction to meeting Harrison Ford was stated and how nice he was to her.

I think the reporter was just picking up on the fathers theory or was alluding to but just didn't have a good quote to sum it up. Being the Daily Mirror the author found a way to get it in the story anyway (but again the dads opinion, not the reporters as others keep suggesting)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-vii-daisy-ridley-3481110

24. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Do us a favor, don't read our stuff. Never mind the fact that I was right about Stomtroopers, the helmet, and told you exactly what the X-wing was, what it looked like, the lot it was parked on and so on. You know, the stuff that's been confirmed since then.

Business? What are you talking about? Don't read my site. I don't care. It doesn't make enough money to take me out to dinner. You don't know what you're talking about.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It happens. There's nothing I can do about it. I've been right and wrong before. So what? It isn't a competition where the points are added up. We're enthusiastic fans discussing what's going around. If it is too much for you to take, don't take it.

Do not accuse me of lying to save my "business." That's pistols at dawn talk.

25. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    No, they have not. The comic is irrelevant and changed nothing.

Regarding Daisy, it is interesting that recent murmurs have been leaning away from her being a Solo. I hope we find out soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.