main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Daisy is off living on Tatooine or a similar world. She's made it on her own, claiming her parents are dead. Her name is Kira Nightleigh or whatever you want to call her. So, we go with that for pretty much the entire movie.

As it turns out, she knows this is not the case and we finally learn her real name-Jainaniacenia Solo or whatever. She had just been avoiding her true identity.

One of those twists that will surprise the lesser fans who don't know squat about the EU or follow anything on the internet. It's John Harrison all over again but for the good guys.

You gotta use some basic common sense here. They cast a newbie because she's talented, unknown, fresh, and cute. But that's not the only reason they cast THIS particular youngling.

And I really think there's a direct connection between Legacy Volume 2, some of Lucas' outlines, and Arndt's or JJ/LK's early drafts for Episode VII. With the recent rumors and this comic hoopla, we should follow the clues. Not a direct match to the complete story, but certainly clues to what is or may be going on.

2. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    Perhaps she'll be going by the name

Wait for it

Harrison

Stop backpedaling on lies daisy being a solo is the most well-established info we have

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Taking Skywalker out of Saga movies will never happen - the two are interlinked, Solo too

As someone said earlier (sorry I can't find the post name them) the spinoffs will deal with other events and characters

As above - the Star Wars Saga are about the Skywalkers

The Legends continuity has always been irrelevant to the movies.

The ST will be completely different

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  4. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    No it's not. Yes, her being a Solo seems like a safe assumption, but that does NOT mean it's what will end up happening. I'd prefer it if she were a Solo, but it's not going to negatively impact my enjoyment of the film if her character is someone new who isn't related to anyone from the OT or PT.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You can take Luke out of the movie, but you can't take the movie out of Luke.

Gallandro likes this.
  6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Add the new Palpatine returns rumor to this list. I'm sorry but I think these fan and rumor sites are being fed BS by so-called insiders who are just lifting ideas from comics and passing them off as fact. Sure the occasional rumor might be true, but taken as a whole most of these supposed plot elements lack any creativity ir originality. It's just rehash/recycle/rebrand.

Dent, ChildOfWinds and Hoggsquattle like this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Never thought I yearn for Charlton Heston is Young Yoda days :p

At least the rumours were imaginative. :)

Gallandro likes this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    ...and today's rumour, Daisy and Adam will be playing the Solo twins 8-}

I think its the fourth time this 'rumour' has appeared as exclusive leaked gossip

Dent and TheBBP like this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Palpatine returning was one of the first rumors to surface about this movie a long while back at the beginning of this process. It came along with a rumor of Obi-Wan's involvement. At this point it would be a rehashed or resurfaced rumor.

10. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Or Gregory Hines, then later Sam Jackson scheduled to appear as Grando Calrissian. Harry, at AICN, to this day still claims the Hines thing was going to happen in ROTS up until shooting began. Jackson said he was offered the part in AOTC before taking the Mace Windu role.

Yancy

11. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    Most of the gossip seems to be aping stuff from the legacy comics to get hits

12. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Right, but those early rumors were dismissed, and pretty much died when Ian McDiarmid said he was not going to be in the new films.

coxie0520 likes this.
  13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

LOL, still means that at this point it would be a rehashed or resurfaced rumor.

14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    The one thing we can safely assume is that Daisy's character and Luke share screen time together. How much? who knows. But what with Mark specifically mentioning Daisy when asked about the new cast in an interview. and then also with the photos of them on the Skellig shoot. The possibility of her being/becoming Luke's apprentice in VII is undeniably believable. Wether or not she's the child of Han & Leia is still very much a mystery. And if anyone further mentions the fact she was sat between Carrie and Harrison at the cast meeting photo I'll just say that's like putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. If Andy Serkis's involvement is just a cameo, what was he doing there?

Seeher and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  15. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

That scene is probably going to be a pivotal point in the film. Let's be honest, having the Irish navy guard the island for you is not going to be cheap. But is it going to be the ending scene, who knows.

16. leia-jade

leia-jade Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 20, 2014
    [ Nevermind, went off to research ]

17. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Budget costs don't matter that much with Disney backed capital. Its a bottomless pit for this film. Part of KK's job is almost totally irrelevant on this film. Her main focus is getting this movie out on time.

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, but other characters most likely have shared scenes with Hammil. If the island is a prison of sorts than Ridley could have been captured and tossed on the island with Luke.

The stunt sequence could have revolved around their escape.

I think Ridley and Boyega are Jedi's in training at the conclusion of the film.

19. DARTH MUPPET

Apr 16, 2001
    ...and now, in an effort to lighten the mood in here a bit, here are some screencaps from the video CairnsTony posted a few pages back.

In spoiler tags to save space.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I was hoping against hope we'd hear our first ever Daisy interview in that video. Thanks anyway for the screencaps! :)

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  21. DARTH MUPPET

Apr 16, 2001
    Heheheh... same here. I'm really hoping we'll start getting some stuff like that soon. As far as I know, there is not one single interview with her anywhere... YET!

CairnsTony likes this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Although those rumors would be expected to be among the first to be surfaced because a lot of people could easily speculate this. That and Yoda's return.

I know likes this.
  23. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Honestly, I'll be surprised if a Yoda doesn't make a cameo appearance at least. Probably with a message about a rising evil in the galaxy, or something.

24. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

Michael Arndt is a Pixar guy... maybe some version of his script still exists within the Kasdan and Abrams one. :p

25. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

Don't think so. The Scrawl Facebook page says that they only filmed the interviews a month or so ago. Daisy was already tied up with Episode VII by then.

CairnsTony and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.