main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Funny things rumors are.

nalkwan likes this.
  2. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    If Daisy is Jaina, they could possibly take the character and create a whole new future for her?

3. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Besides, why would they use Jaina for a orphan female who grew up on Tatooine who has no connection to Solo/Skywalker? :p

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread....just....this thread....

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It's a conspiracy. A conspiracy, I say!

CairnsTony and Seeher like this.
  6. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001

oh man that was funny, top shelf my good man.

Echo Base likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    STOP WITH THE SEXUAL/PERVERTED COMMENTS OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF ALONE IN OUR UNBAN REQUEST FORUM, WHICH IS LIKE THE POSTING EQUIVALENT OF YOUR SOCIAL LIFE.

8. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    So does anyone have any idea of what 'Kira' means? Wikie says that in Celtic it is "dark" while Russian it means Ruler. Anyone know any other cultures that has the name Kira that could give us a hint if it (a) her name and (b) what we can expect ...

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Seeher likes this.
  10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Re, Kira: meanings such as 'light', 'dark' and 'ruler' would be deeply symbolic of a SW character who is also a Force user. All the more reason I'd hope this is her real character's name. :)

Seeher and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  11. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    There, all of it in one place:
    Gaelic/Irish: dark, little dark one, dark-haired
    Egyptian/Persian: Sun, like the Sun
    Hindi: beam of light
    Greek: princess, ruler, mistress
    Japanese: glittery, shiny

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You should tell that to DC and Marvel Comics [face_tee_hee]

Heck look at Aalya, an EU character who made the crossover 100% fine even though her origin EU story was very adult and dark. EU fans got over changes by and large for the most part and benifically many EU characters are very popular.

It's like demanding we adapt as much of Revan into a spinoff but then randomly decide in he can't be called Revan anymore but Na'rev. LFL already owns the copyrights to the EU character names and has a history of adapting them that most fans are expecting, so just own up to who they are and use them. You don't expect Marvel Studios to suddenly stop calling Wanda Maxwell the Scarlet Witch just because now she can't be a mutant any because Fox now has the movie rights to that term. What makes the Star Wars EU any less worthy of having a few characters cross over.

Look I'm nor arguing Daisy will be Jaina, since odds are Lucas got to come up with her name. It could happen, but I doubt it too. That said the possibility of Daisy having a sister who's a background character or one day a daughter with that name can't be ruled out.

I personally am not buying Daisy being an orphan from Tatooine who has a lightsaber fallout of the sky right in front of her. Sorry but those rumors just ring far too much like purposeful disinformation to me. I still expect her to be a Solo.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    soul8luos so the Gaelic/Irish seems to be the only one that's different than the other.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Actually the hindi, Japanese and Egyptian/Persian are all close all involving light... but the Greek is different (princess) and so too is the irish (dark hair).

starocean90 likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Ryus
    It must be the Irish one, as she filmed scenes in Skellig Michael.:p

Ryus likes this.
  16. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Dark Hair: Appearance
    Light: Jedi (Light side of the force)
    Princess: Disney Princess
    LOL

Seeher, Revanfan1, Dak Oolron and 2 others like this.
  17. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LOL. Goodness! Sorry, guys. I didn't mean it like that! I meant "naked" = her smile and voice ONLY, nothing to do with her body. Han told her to "cover her mouth and be quiet" as in covering up her "nudity" = smile and voice.

Gosh, it sounded so pure in my head.... <:\

TheBBP likes this.
  18. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It certainly doesn`t!

19. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I think the Gaelic refers to physical appearance, not personality or such - dark skinned, dark haired not dark spirit

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Has it been confirmed that her name is Kira?

21. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014
    If we're going to start getting into etymologies of the code name, we can at least recognise that the Irish name is spelt Ciara! :p

22. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    The only thing confirmed is that she is a solo

23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No, all we know is someone found a piece of paper with a star wars VII letterhead saying simply "KIRA" on site after VII supposedly filmed at that location. Some are assuming it's Daisy's character name now because she might have been on site and we don't know if any other actresses where at that location.

In truth we don't know if it's purposeful misinformation, someone making up that they found the piece of paper, a production code name, if it is actually Daisy or another females characters name, if another actress on site had the real life name Kira, or if it is actually Daisy's characters name. Heck, we cant even say with 100% cetainty that VII did film there unlike in the UAE where we can confirm they did film (though it seems likely they where). Etc...

All we know is that it looks like a piece of paper that taped above one of a makeup room's many mirrors so each actor who's where to get made ready for filming. Or one taped to the back of an actors fold out chair, dressing rooom, etc...

We don't honestly even know why this piece of paper was missed when they wrapped filming there. Did someone steal it, sell it to the press, was it blown away by the wind, did they leave it behind on purpose, did everyone just miss it when cleaning up...

In any case we have little else to discuss, so why not? Lol.

24. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Um, that most certainly has NOT been confirmed. Most of us want her to be a Solo and she probably will be, but NOTHING has been confirmed when it comes to whether or not her character shares any familial relations with any of the OT characters.

25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Sadly, we know more about Bob than we do about Daisy's character right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.