main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    No, not as a litteral translation but where the name derives from. KNPA (I can't type Cyrillic on this, but I think you get the point, imagine the N backwards) is associated with the male KNP and both possibly are derived from Cyrus.

Etymology of names can be tricky.

2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Which, though frustrating as hell, is actually kind of impressive. I'm actually kind of shocked they've been able to keep a lid on her character's identity this long. I'm not sure how much longer the floodgates can remain closed though. I expect we'll start getting some concrete info in the near future(probably once principal photography wraps). I hope so anyway.

CairnsTony likes this.
  3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    It is impressive, I agree. I do think eventually her name will come out, but I worry it won't be for another year when some Hasbro stuff leaks! Principal photography seems like it would be the time for that kind of info to get out since there are so many people on set. So maybe in the next month or two... we can hope! I really don't want to be completely spoiled by any means, but I want to know the character names and who these people are!

CairnsTony and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed here as well... not just for Daisy, I think it's impressive how tightly they've kept the lid on most things E7.

5. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Ryus

It was just a piece of paper with KIRA on it?

Nothing else?

6. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    No

TheBBP likes this.
  7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Except for the events early on in the film. :D

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

[​IMG]

Well 2 pieces of paper... and AVCO which was the rumored production code name for VII from the same source as the images. In fairness Blue Harvest was for Ep VI so it's plausible.

But yes, it's entirely supposition that it's daisy's character name and not the name of a supporting role character, etc, etc, etc... (you read the previous post so you heard all the unknowns)

9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Avco is legit. Whether the names are or Kira is a codename is a different matter.

10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'm thinking as soon as principal photography ends, some folks' contracts will end and they may have nothing to lose revealing some snippets to us. At least I hope... ;)

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  11. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

why would they have nothing to lose just because they're done production? if you're in the industry your next job is just as important as your current one, and reputations are important. Not to mention, those NDA's don't get voided after principle photography

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I don't recall it ever being confirmed as true or that it hasn't since changed now that we know it's working title. I do believe it was the working title, I just don't recall any definite proof.

Anyways the speculation goes the name of the theater JJ saw Star Wars back in 1977 was named AVCO. Blue Harvest, the working title for return of the jedi, used the star wars font for its letterhead and AVCO seems to be doing the same. So I'm not denying it likely was VII'S working title, just being clear I can't confirm it. ;)

13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Any idea what this papers may have been for?

No - an non disclosure agreement will cover the period until the release.

No just for reputations - violating NDAs will carry legal consequences.

14. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Signing an NDA isn't going to stop everyone from leaking stuff. We've already had a legit leak of stormtrooper helmets and various snippets from different sources. In my job as a nurse I'm legally bound literally not to breathe a word about what I do at work. That doesn't stop a small minority of my colleagues from blabbing openly about same, even putting stuff on FB!

I'm not suggesting even for a second that someone is going to say, "Hi my name is John Smith and I used to work in the costume department for the production of Ep VII. Here's some pics I took during production". It will still be done anonymously, cautiously and covertly, but knowing how people's mind's work (which is after all my job) there would be a greater temptation to leak stuff if one has finished working for this particular employer. It's already happened and there are people right now leaking information from production despite the inherent risks involved.

It might not happen of course, but I'd be surprised if we get nothing at all in the coming months...

DARTH_MUPPET and TK327 like this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
  16. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    One that is clearly genuine? [face_dunno]

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    So how do we know the leak of the trooper armour is of a genuine?

18. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    They were present on Winnebagos at the Puzzlewood shoot. Since they were apparently easily spotted, I'm assuming they're code names for characters.

Satipo likes this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    To identify who occupied the trailers?

20. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Of course. Same as OW and K.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  21. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    What I think would be good is like both Anakin and Luke, they live their lives on Tatooine completely unaware that they will have a very important part to play in the universe.

Maybe Daisy will be the same?

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah but can we please have a different planet other than Tatooine?

23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

I think that is quality. Set Pictures tend to be legit.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They are one and the same.

Satipo, Ryus, plaidphoenix and 2 others like this.
  25. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    You're making sense and I agree with you... Are you running a fever or something?

CairnsTony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.