main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe it's Kira Fawn.

I'm only half-joking.

2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    True, but you have to remember that at some point during production, other characters are going to have dialogue where they address Daisy's character by name. Anyone on set who is within earshot is going to hear this. This is one of the reasons I don't think "Kira" is just a codename.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Don't see a point in hiding her character's first name, unless it is considered a spoiler. For example, Nelith, lol.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I like the name Kira (DS9 was cool).

5. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah; I don't see a reason for keeping Daisy's Character first name a secret, unless she is named Leia. ;):p

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The strange thing is we have only heard about Kira and not about other names. I´m not expecting Kira to be the final name, to be honest.

Redimet likes this.
  7. DarthSimon

DarthSimon Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    I have been hearing a few bits and pieces. Nothing spectacular. Am seeing a few people in next couple of weeks who should have some interesting things.

But am constantly hearing how good Daisy is.

DS.

8. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Don't worry about me taking things personal on here I never will we are all just Star Wars fans expressing our passion. As for the name I don't think their is any good reason to hide her first name but then again I don't think their is any good reason to cover up all the main casts costumes when they are walking around because their outfits won't spoil anything for the story but the thing is JJ is a bit over protective with his projects so putting fake names out for characters seems like one of the things he would do haha. I like the name though and hope it is the real name.

9. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Or Jaina perhaps. Right now my gut says she's either actually named Kira (and its her last name that's the real spoiler) or its a code chosen because the mouth shapes to say it are close enough to 'Jaina' that you could use Kira on a location shoot or scene with a lot of extras and the redub in Jaina in post (and they'd likely be redubbing such scenes anyway simply due to ambient noise.

Because people are right. There is no reason to hide her first name if its a new character, so if she's brand new her name is Kira [insert surname here]. The ONLY reason for them to use a codename is if she's playing a new version of an EU character or shares a name with an existing PT/OT character that would give her parentage away. Of the existing PT/OT/EU names Jaina is the closest phonetically to Kira (i.e. the movements the mouth makes are very close compared to say, Leia or Padme and three syllable ones like Tahiri would be right out).

Right now if I were to take bets I'd say 67% its Kira, 25% Jaina and 8% its something else entirely.

ETA: This is not to say that Kira is my first choice for the name of Daisy's character, just that its the one I think is most likely (personally, I'd prefer an EU bone of naming her Jaina... but I'd be perfectly okay with Kira Solo and a bit less with Kira Skywalker).

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Does any one know when they named the character names for the Phantom Menace? because I don't remember.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

It was pretty late in the process IIRC. I don't even remember getting a good look at Maul until they were actively marketing the movie.

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

They were out there early on. This is from October 2007:

Lucasfilm used disinformation by giving Return of the Jedi the code name "Blue Harvest" during filming. There are those who suggest that Darth Sideous, Darth Maul, Sebulba, etc. are code names for the "real prequel character names." (Source: James P. Hagen)

The names weren't confirmed of course, and people thought they were code names. But the correct names were out there a good year and a half before the movie opened.

13. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Then Kira really could be her name. I like it!

14. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Kira Skywalker Solo...I'm calling it now.

15. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Star Wars has always been good with names I think. I can't think of a single name that I went thats a stupid name.

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I hear Mark Hamill's character name is going to be Luke Skywalker or something like that.

17. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Harrison Ford is playing someone named Ham Solace but I have a hunch that, that name is just a cover up name.

18. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl heard Daisy's actual name is Joe from some guy working at 31 Flavors. He sounded pretty serious.

19. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Some guy named Peter Mayhew is playing a character named Chew Tobacca or something.

20. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I feel like it will just be Kira Solo. Because that means Leia would have dropped the 'Organa' and adopted 'Skywalker' and that doesn't seem like something she would do, seeing as how I'm pretty sure she prefers her adopted father to her biological one.

Unless she's Leia Organa-Skywalker-Solo. Which she won't be.

Darth_Pevra and CairnsTony like this.
  21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd pay double the ticket price for the twist to be that she is the Granddaughter of Kenobi.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd pay double if she's the granddaughter of Mace Windu. :D

TheBBP likes this.
  23. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I'd pay quadruple if she's the granddaughter of ol' penis-head, Ki-Adi.

[​IMG]

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why would Leia rename herself Skywalker?!?

25. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Well, it is the coolest name in the galaxy. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.