main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    How about...Han and Leia think Kira/Daisy/Jaina/Whitney is dead? Say she was captured by Imperials and they've never heard anything since. They have no idea that she took out the whole AT-AT and crew herself and now lives in the walker she trashed. Or maybe because she's a bit of a bratty teen she doesn't message them, letting them know she's alive.

Because the leader/dark knight of this Imperial offshoot is searching for Kira, he sends TIEs to Tatooine, her last known location. The TIEs are intercepted by New Republic (or whatever...) fighters and destroyed, all except for Boyega's TIE that crashes on the surface with him unharmed.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    She's the daughter of R2 and Lando.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  3. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Best idea I've seen in this thread since I started it. =D=

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Let the fan fiction commence!

5. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Lando caressed the cold steel of R2's shell, his eyes gazing onward with a expression of affection...

[face_pumpkin]

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Now we're being creepy toward the poor astromech droid? This thread was made to suffer. It's its lot in life. :p

7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Inversion can be fun. Not sure I see it going that way, but then a lot of the stuff people are talking about seems to be that way.

The old EU made Han and Leia's daughter a bit of gearhead in her youth... Her being the sort to assemble a starfighter from junk parts and refuse would not only be in her character, but something she actually did in the old EU (She put together a crashed TIE and installed a hyperdrive before it got stolen).

One thing I've been considering is the possibility that there's some sort of long-term cleanup effort going on after the years of warfare. Maybe Kira isn't a runaway so much as a volunteer in the effort. I do think she's part of the Skywalker bloodline somehow... I mean, you can't get more blunt in your symbolism then having a character sitting on a walker looking up into the sky, and considering that's one of the pieces of concept art...

The concept art also puts the Falcon on Tatooine, with scaffolding around it. Maybe it's undergoing a rebuild and this planet is one of the few places Solo could find parts for an old YT-1300... The thing is over sixty years old by now.

8. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    You know, sitting on top of her home could be a symbol of her content and happiness with her lot in life as well. Kind of a "Yeah behold all that I owe!" moment.

9. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

Possibly, that would be something of an inversion of the old 'Looking into the Sunset' scene from A New Hope.

10. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Consider it an early gift for Halloween. :p

I could see it going either way, honestly, though I do prefer the idea of it being an inversion of the Binary Sunset scene. It'd make Kira (or whatever her name is) feel more unique a character.

I think at this point that if 'Kira' is in fact a Solo or a Skywalker, she won't know who her family is at the start of this film and likely vice-versa too. Everything we've heard so far about the film indicates that things didn't go swimmingly for the OT heroes after RotJ and that we're in for a huge shake-up. For example, perhaps what happened to Han and Leia was that they lost their daughter, Kira, when she was incredibly young and thought she had died. Kira herself has no memories of her parents and has grown up all on her own on the planet that she's on at the start of the film.

My guess is that if we find out Kira is a Solo/Skywalker in Episode VII, it'll probably be when she meets Luke in the latter part of the film. Regardless of whether or not Luke is good or evil, I think it's safe to bet that he's probably become more in-tune with the Force. That'll be what enables the discovery, at least if it's in this film. If not, I bet it'll be something that might be hinted at to the audience but revealed to the characters slowly over the course of the trilogy.

11. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
  12. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

That's some fine fanart right there! :D

13. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm over the orphan/adoptee/don't know who my parents are/ storyline. I'd like to see some main characters actually know their parents. I'd LOVE it if we got some subtle clues and then there's a gotcha moment. Like in this rumored Cantina scene (to the extent it's even remotely true). Daisy goes to the Cantina, we don't necessarily know she's looking for Chewie and Han but Chewie comes up and tears the guy's arm off who's giving her a hard time. She throws a coin at the bartender and says "Sorry about the mess." She walks outside with Chewie, finds Han and it's "Hi, Dad."

14. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

Nice... Now to make it in prose form...

Kira slipped into the cantina, glancing around nervously and squinting to make out shapes in the thick clouds of tabac smoke. An old cyborg at the bar nodded to her as she stepped past a pair of Nikto arguing by one of the side tables.

"Where is he..." She muttered under her breath just before a Rodian turned from the bar and cocked its head at her. A Duros half hidden beneath a wide-brimmed hat glanced up from a card game.

A twi'lek stepped up beside her. "This place is a little rough for a pretty thing like you..." He said as he dropped an arm over her shoulder.

"Buzz off," She muttered before pushing his arm away and resuming her search around the bar.

The twi'lek followed her, "Listen... you really don't want to get on my bad side. I'll get you a drink and--"

He froze as a massive furred hand grabbed his shoulder, and Kira turned around to see a familiar wookiee standing just behind the twi'lek. He barked a question to her and Kira just nodded.

The wookiee grabbed the twi'lek's head and smashed it against the side of the bar, knocking him out cold. Then jerked his head to the far corner of the room. Smirking to herself, Kira followed the massive wookiee to a familiar crop of grey hair. Smirking to herself, she spun one of the chairs around backwards and sat down. The man glanced up and gave her a wry smile of his own.

"I found the part, Dad."

15. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, the idea has certainly been done to death. I won't argue that. But I think that's the direction that they're likely going in if Kira is a Skywalker or a Solo. Everything we've heard about the film so far indicates that things did not go smoothly for the OT heroes following RotJ and that the audience is in for some shocks because of that. Last I checked, it sounded like there still hadn't been any indication from spoiler hounds that Kira had any blood relations to the OT heroes and that the spoiler hounds were leaning towards her not being related.

So based on that, I'm guessing that Kira either really isn't a Solo or Skywalker or she is, but none of the players involved know it yet (except maybe Luke). It's fine that you'd prefer something else. Hell, I was one of the original folks hoping for her to be a Solo and I'd be a little disappointed if she isn't related at all. I'm only speculating on what I think we're likely to get and what plot mechanics might be getting utilized if she is related. At the end of the day, we can only wait and see.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think she'll be unrelated to Luke or Leia.

Kira (if that's her name) will probably establish the Jedi Order at the end of EpIX.

17. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Been saying that since they announced Episode VII.

18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Nice but the "smashing the head against the bar" is a little too violent - maybe just Chewie throws him ;)

19. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

I'm split between her either being related and not knowing it or being unrelated. I don't buy into the idea that she's undercover and grew up with Han and/or Leia. I do agree though that 'Kira' is probably going to be the one to establish the new Jedi Order at the end of the trilogy.

20. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Only one problem: It is the villain who is the half cyborg, not Kira. :D

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    does this make her an afromech?

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  22. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I hope not. LUKE should be the one to reestablish the Jedi order, otherwise, his character will have been disrespected and diminished just to make this new character look more important. Iconic characters shouldn't be thrown under the bus and thrown out like trash in order to put another character on a pedestal. Yoda told Luke to "pass on what you have learned," which I always took as Yoda commissioning Luke to start to train new Jedi and thus, begin the Order's restoration. Now could Daisy eventually take over for Luke and continue to grow and lead the order when Luke is gone? Sure! But Luke should be the one who resurrects the Order. Why bring the character and actor back just to diminish both? There will likely be many heroics that Daisy will perform. She will likely be the main character and hero of the trilogy. But the restoration of the Jedi order should be Luke's legacy.

JainaSoloYJK, dyous87 and starocean90 like this.
  23. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Bravo, good sir. Always enjoy a well crafted pun.

Darth Punk likes this.
  24. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001

I believe Luke will certainly get the ball rolling, but fully reestablishing the Jedi order? I'm not sure Luke is going to be the one who does that. We just don't know enough about the direction they're going yet. "Pass on what you have learned" doesn't necessarily mean "form a new Jedi order". Depending on what is happening around the galaxy, Luke may not feel the time is right to formally establish a new Jedi order. If, for whatever reason(likely that the Jedi order were indirectly responsible for creating a situation where Palpatine was able to take power and the fact that Vader started as a Jedi), the Jedi are not well looked upon by the people of the galaxy during the beginning of the ST, forming a new Jedi order would actually be counterproductive, as they would be persecuted and hunted down once again. I also believe Luke's parentage is going to come out either sometime before or sometime near the beginning of Episode VII... something that won't help his image too much. There's also the fact that Luke will probably become a force ghost sometime before the end of the trilogy. Like I said, I firmly believe Luke will get the ball rolling by passing on what he has learned, but I actually think it's much more likely that Luke's apprentices(Daisy, John, etc...) will be the ones who formally establish a new Jedi order at the end of Episode IX... with Luke's guidance from the great beyond of course. You have to remember, this is NOT a trilogy about Luke, Han, and Leia, it's about a new generation of heroes. The original trio are here mainly to pass the torch and Luke training the generation of Jedi who DO reform the Jedi order in no way diminishes or disrespects his character or his legacy. Luke would still be remembered as the one who was responsible for creating a situation where the Jedi order could come back, and that is no small feat.

DanielUK and Seeher like this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't see how his character can be disrespected when Lucas himself did not envision Luke reestablishing the Jedi Order. Heck, before RoTJ, it was "the other" (Luke's unknown sister) who was meant to be the true hero of the saga. Also, again George's words, the current six movies are about Anakin - hence why Lucas films posted a video called Star Wars Skywalker Saga: The Rise, Fall and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

The problem is, like always, the EU created this false reality that Luke was meant to be the superhero of Star Wars, which is not what George ever considered. Mark Hamil during the 80s/90s talked about how the ST basically involved him handing over the baton over to a new generation; his apprentice would be the one who'd help build the Republic and Jedi Order. Luke would pass his knowledge over to a student, who'd then train many.

I'd doubt we'd see the FT (Final Trilogy); EpX, XI and XII would be set into the future after the Skywalkers died out; we'd learn the try meaning of them. But I suspect, judging by rumours, we'll be getting this in the ST.

There are plenty of interviews from the 80s/90s by Mark Hamil and Lucas talking about what was meant to happen in the ST, Luke's character and the themes; like Filoni recently said, the EU had zero continuity and never took the wider saga into account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.