main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I always got the impression from Han and Leia's conversation about getting to Bespin from the asteroid field that it was going to be a long haul and that they didn't show it because it would slow down the narrative.

Chained Prometheus and Yanksfan like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    8) Half of the posters will scream "betrayal!" if Disney doesn't give them what they want.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  3. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Three weeks would've been my personal guess. Glad to see that I was apparently right there. :D

Yanksfan likes this.
  4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I actually don't think it matters. Its up to the viewer imo. Same with the timelines between movies. Whatever works for the audience.

5. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    could be anywhere from a couple a days to a month. There's a dreamy subtext throughout that sequence. The swamp which symbolizes darkness and fear (the cave), while the others are in an apparently perfect place in the clouds away from their problems, having just escaped from the enemy, but it somehow doesn't feel right.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  6. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    And I see trees of green.

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999

#4 and #5 are speculation as to the impression she made. Yes, Hamill mentioned her. And yes, she was at Fisher's birthday party. Otherwise I think you've represented it accurately.

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    And I think to myself

What a wonderful galaxy

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    All I have to say is, if they don't make her a Solo/Skywalker, they seriously missed the boat. [face_waiting]

...and the idea of Luke turning to the Dark Side makes me mad enough to dismember living things....trees, to be exact. :mad:

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If she is Han and Leia's daughter I think it would be a pretty simple explanation why she'd be on Tatooine. She's an adult and she can live wherever she wants. She can have any career she wants and as the daughter of Han and Leia I can totally see her telling anyone that says she can't to get bent.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    what about the rumors that she wants a reward from Han for Luke's lightsaber, makes them seem like 2 strangers??

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm wait and see on pretty much all rumors. It's simply too early to tell which will turn out correct and which we'll be laughing at in a years time.

T-R-, JainaSoloYJK, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  13. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Kira: Tell you what, Dad, you let me fly the Falcon and I'll give you Uncle Luke's lightsaber.
    Han: Where did you learn to negotiate like that?
    Kira: From you! I learned it from watching you!

14. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Even after all this time, I'm still at least 80% sure that she'll end up being a Solo. No matter what rumors you throw at me, I can't be swayed from this. Am I setting myself up for a massive disappointment? Perhaps. But I think there's at most only a 20% chance of that. ;)

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't see it, unless we get more rumors, it currently seems to me (for now) that she's not a Solo.;)

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It could actually be played for some wonderful tension between daughter and parents. Her parents wanting something better for her but she just wanting to do her own thing. I could see her throwing Han's criminal past in his face during some argument.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    All these speculations makes me want more rumors about the characters of VII to pop up.:)

18. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    I kind of want to see Leia say to Han, "I'm sorry, do you want to see her take after MY side of the family?"

19. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Han bantered with Luke, Ben and Leia. I wonder if Daisy will banter with any women in VII (besides most likely Leia), like Crystal or Christina.

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The casting call points solidly to Kira being Luke's daughter.

21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what casting call may that be???

plaidphoenix and Yanksfan like this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

The original Rachel/Thomas one. If they were specifically looking for Kira then she can't be Han and Leia's daughter.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    assuming that Boyega and Ridley are Thomas and Rachel.
    Crystal and Pip also fit the criterias mentioned for the casting call.[face_dunno]

24. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I agree C Creepio, Daisy IS a very attractive and beautiful woman and it will be great watching her in the next lot of movies.

25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Well I just checked the casting call info and read the script read. The problem with the Boyega/Ridley matchup being Boyega and Ridley is that they're obviously supposed to be family. From the way I read the screen read, both are supposed to have lost their parents... I get the feeling they're supposed to be siblings.

If Ridley is Rachel... I'd guess Pip to be Thomas, but I don't know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.