main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    My eyes are bleeding...

2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Maybe it`s a subtle refference to von Sydow`s name (Fawn/von) hinting that their characters are related? :D

3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Well, "Fawn" and "von" don't sound similar at all in a lot of accents.

4. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Yes I have messaged Jason at Making Star Wars using his information and mine and a little theory, this is what I have come up with.

"
    There must be some sort of action going on in space above Tatooine, Boyega is a Stormtrooper (this is 100%) his tie is shot down (again perhaps explains the Falcon and X-Wing outside the Cantina). Daisy wearing clothing similar to that of lukes in ANH and rescues Boyega, takes him back to her AT-AT home and he gets a change of clothes (Raggedy clothes as I described from the cantina scene, almost like he had been dragged off the street onto set).
    Daisy heads to the Cantina in search of Han with her droid (which is an actual prop pushed along on bars) and Boyega in tow. She arrives is confronted by SIMON PEGG complete in alien prothetics including an enlarged neck, she raises her blaster, he takes it from her and points it back at her "Don't point a blaster unless you intend to use it", Chewie comes over "Ha what good is a one armed Wookie", Chewie rips Peggs arm off and hands Daisy back the gun.

Han arrives (Wearing his iconic outfit minus the waistcoat which is replaced with a thin cut biker style leather jacket) looking flustered, I am guessing he still has the falcon and has possibly returned after whatever was happening in space to cause Boyega to crash, anyhow the owner of the Cantina (Lupita Nyong'o complete with CGI reference dots on her face) shouts "HAN SOLO" too which the entire Cantina stops and turns to Han (A Proper western moment) "You have 25 Bounties on your head" which implies Han is still playing rogue.

Also during the scene Boyega says "Thats when I met you" and "I didn't want to fight".

Outside a massive object (could be a ship/planet/moon) is destroyed again pointing towards there being a conflict in the sky, everyone exits the Cantina to watch **** go down."

http://thecantina.starwars7news.com...ential-spoiler-details-kinda-stuff.306/page-4

I find the description of droid interesting.

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    this thread needs some new daisy pics to fawn over

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    What an oddly specific description. Has someone seen dailies?

7. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    There is also a Kira in SWTORa starwars mmo
    [​IMG]

8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Kira in SWTOR is awesome. Great story.

9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Morgan Freeman beat you to it.

[​IMG]

10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I have a hard time believing that Lupita is playing a one-scene bartender... Then again, Star Wars has often thrown great actors into small roles. Still seems odd.

11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

There are only so many roles to focus on.

my kind of scum likes this.
  12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Very true. I guess why I find it strange is that Lupita apparently turned down several other roles to do Star Wars. Would she do that for one scene?

It's definitely possible, like I said. It just seems odd to me. (And Chewie pulling someone's arm off has sounded wrong to me since the first time we heard the rumor...)

I don't know. Like I said - Star Wars has obviously used big actors in tiny roles before (Valorum comes to mind), so it is definitely a possibility.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah I dont think she would sign up for a one scene bartender unless it grows into a bigger role in future movies. Nor do I think such a scene would require a press release.

14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Perhaps she is truly as geeky about Star Wars as many of the actors claim to be. Tell me that if you were a working actor who was as big of a fan of the franchise as you are and they were casting for a new Star Wars film that you wouldn't take any role that they would put you in.

I know that I would lol.

Adding an Oscar-winning actress who is one of the biggest new things in the business to your film always makes for a good press release no matter what the role.

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Interesting though this is, how did we get on to Lupita in Daisy's thread?

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  16. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Anyone else think she looks like she could be the secret love child of Obi-Wan and Bo-Katan? Makes me wonder, if Daisy isn't a Solo or a Skywalker, what if she's a Kenobi?

Vastor likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I thought Gleeson was the one everybody wanted to be a Kenobi. :p

starocean90 likes this.
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I concede he's the likely candidate if there is a Kenobi given the physical resemblance but it could be misdirection. Who knows? I'm just tossing it out there for the sake of argument.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  20. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I guess if the post at the top of the page describing some of the scenes at the start.. its sets up the whole romantic relationship between Boyega and Ridley.

It seem's kind of a "duh" realization, but I swore I read earlier that it was not going to be them too.

21. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I still think there's going to be a love triangle. Daisy, Boyega and (my guess is Isaac).

22. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Really hope not !

23. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes Please No Love Triangles. Only thing the PT did right. Love Triangles are a pain in the @** and overused.

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  24. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Agreed, love triangles suck. And they lead to absolutely insane wars between the fans of the opposing sides.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  25. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Oh yeah Ship Wars might just be the worst aspect of fandom in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.