main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Exactly. Plus, I`m sure Han didn`t have as many women as Indy, so he would have more suspicions about possibly having a daughter. :D

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    With all the burocrating talk and decapitation, this argument doesn't really stand.

Yanksfan and Ryus like this.
  3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Han already has a sidekick. :)

[​IMG]

4. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

[​IMG]

So this brings me back to my original question: If Daisy Ridley is playing "Rachel", and the role of Rachel was "open to all ethnicities", then how can her character be the daughter of Han and Leia?

At this point, I'm thinking she's not. [face_sigh]

Which is a missed opportunity, IMO.

Oh, well.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If Daisy isn't the daughter of Han and Leia I'll be shocked. Of course, it's always hard to guess who's who with these things but this one seems so obvious. If she's not a Solo I'll eat my words but... she's a Solo. ;)

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Good point.

Masie Richardson Sellers come on down!

7. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Maybe Daisy isn`t "Rachel"?

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    First of all the supposed script from the casting call if real, was not supposed to be from the actual movie. Big budget Hollywood films make up a few fake scenes for the people trying out so when they finally do cast the film the cast does not know what the move is about and then divulge it to the internet, Also so people who tried out and didn't make it don't put it on the internet either. This is a very common thing in Hollywood. I don't think there are any actual characters in Star Wars Episode 7 Named Rachel.

9. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    How certain are we that Daisy is actually playing the 'Rachel' role and that it doesn't belong to someone else? As I understand it, in terms of casting Driver and Ridley were among the first actually cast while Boyega wasn't cast until later.

While its certainly possible that they could have just taken a lot longer to reach a decision on 'Thomas' it seems just as likely given the timing of casting that if Ridley is 'Rachel' then Driver is 'Thomas' or if Boyega is 'Thomas' then someone else entirely is 'Rachel'.

Its also possible that there may have been one or more re-writes since the 'Rachel/Thomas' open casting and one of the changes could easily be taking advantage of an actor's physical similarities to Han and Leia (perhaps even necessitating giving Han more screen time than he was going to have in the previous versions).

Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

wow. a logical point. Din't see a thing like this on the internet for a long time.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  11. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    It`s all because of the Birch sap, my friend. All Birch sap. :)

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    This 100%. Not only is there no Rachel, but there is no character with the same description. They were/are trying to conceal anything about any of the characters. Having an actual part of the script (which, by the way, was being completely re-written at the time of these auditions), would destroy any secrets because with 1000's of people auditioning, word would get out. It did-so no this wasn't real.

Besides, the same exact pre-written script segments could have been read by different females going for completely different roles. Then, they could have decided from there who they wanted for what roles based on how they did. It is very likely that they already had Daisy on top of their list by the time they put out the call for girls of different ethnicities.

People need to just chill and stop worrying about whether Daisy will be Han and Leia's daughter. It seems to pretty much be a given judging by her looks, actions and facial expressions, her apparent deep conversation with Carrie at the casting call, and her one-on-one meeting/lunches with Harrison Ford.

Now, whether they try to fool us into thinking she isn't? That's a whole other matter.

13. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

That's exactly what I've been saying all along. People are assuming she's Rachel and seem to forget the OTHER teen female on that casting call. Recent rumours seem to be jumping on this point, that she MUST be Rachel, but at this point no one knows.

Yanksfan and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Anakin, as he was actually portrayed, already suffered from excessive anger, fear, arrogance, etc. - that's quite a lot and no need to add being a love rat to it.:)

The rumour was that Anakin would " drop the handmaiden like used goods" - that he didn't love her at all.;)

I can't watch The Notebook "again" as I haven't seen it to begin with :p

Yes, Daisy is cute:)

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

There isn't anything unsuitable for general viewing in the political chatter, and sex is viewed a lot different to violence

Remember all the whoopty-do about Chloƫ Moretz using THAT word in Kick-Ass but as one of her co-stars pointed out it seemed over shadow the fact that she slaughters a few hundred men in the movie

16. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Hasn`t this been said in this thread about 10 times already?
    This would also mean that there is no scene where Daisy helps an injured John in the movie, as this is the scene from the casting call.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well yeah of course. Until it's confirmed, I'd say that was a scene fabricated based on the Rachel/Thomas interchange and a few fantards praying for the Empire's return.

D'an and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The way people were talking in this thread further up on the page they were making it like this Rachel charachter and the script from the casting call were really going to be in the movie and I just pointed out the obvious....

19. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

Did you just call those wanting the Empire in the movie "Tards"?

Immortiss, D'an and Dewback like this.
  20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Lol, you seem to have attributed someone else's words to me (Revanfan1 I think). I have no issues with Daniel Logan.;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Not certain at all. But then that begs the question: Where's "Rachel"?

I find it hard to believe that JJ would waste his casting director's time by having him not only put "open to all ethnicities" on a role that wasn't open to all ethnicities, but actually callback actresses who could not believably play the daughter of Han and Leia. Unless, in fact, "Rachel" isn't the daughter of Han and Leia.

Also, I don't think they would have included a detail about the character "having lost her parents" just to deceive fans into thinking she's not a Solo. They could have just as well said nothing at all about her parentage. Surely JJ's learned that much from the Kahn debacle.

Not only would that be needlessly deceptive, but it would influence the actresses' performance of the character, which is counterproductive when you're actually looking for someone to play a girl who does have a relationship with her parents.

And while the scene in the audition is not from the Ep VII script, it's reasonable to assume it's similar to a scene from Ep VII. That's what makes it useful as a tool for judging who's right for the part.

22. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    What? Rachael isn't her name?? I'm shocked!

23. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    She is on "Friends". :)

D'an and Lurknomore like this.
  24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    What if there is no Rachel and it was just a name and character used just for the audition? :p

Ryus, Dewback and Abadacus like this.
  25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I've mentioned before that I think if they'd described the role as specifically Caucasian that would've given the game away somewhat. I'm of the opinion that because we appear to have several female roles already in this movie that we know of, they would've used this casting call to offer subsidiary roles to some of the others who auditioned, where ethnicity was not an issue.

I could be wrong of course, but someone earlier on in the thread who claimed to know about Katie Jarvis' audition claims she went for the role of 'Rachel' didn't get it (Daisy did), but was offered a smaller part in the movie. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Masie Richardson Sellers went by the same route. Speculation of course, but that's part of the fun...;)

Yanksfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.