main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    She can even swim. I mean....WTH

Blastaar likes this.
  2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Because James Spader would have made it better?

Shame Obi-Wan couldn't pull a "Hello there" on Snoke bet seeing him would have made that Supreme Leader **** himself!

3. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Huh when did she learn to do that given she grew up on a desert world?

4. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    There was maybe oasis on Jakku?

5. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    Rey is a removed and a miserable character. The new Star Wars is terrible, removed. Absolute garbage how she can be so strong without even training. A complete insult to the Original Trilogy.

Mod: Please consult the Forum Rules, particularly those on hate speech. Thanks.

Darth Master Titus likes this.
  6. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

[​IMG]

7. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    idk where she's going, she's achieved so much with little struggle and is already so self-assured. JUST GIVE ME SOME CONFLICT, SOME DRAMA (but no reylo plz)

Darth Master Titus and Blastaar like this.
  8. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Rey once again has ZERO jedi training and can do everything and anything in the force. It really makes no sense. Not only that but she has zero internal conflict and seems like she is more a side character supporting Kylo's arc. Worst of all Daisy is probably one of the weaker actors in the sequel trilogy. Adam Driver literally overwhelms and dominates any scene they're in with his screen presence. I feel bad for Daisy, she really needs to plop down the money and hire an expert dialogue coach or spend some time between films to become a better actor, her line reads are so ham-fisted it makes me cringe.

9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think they need to fix that parentage reveal for one in what way was that at all satisfying that was the opposite in my opinion I being part of these forums was like well shes random why didn't they just say that in the force awakens but my mom and best friend who saw it with me thinks that shes still related to the skywalkers or kenobis of some sort and that she will have a better reveal with the way they closed the last scene anybody could be a jedi etc, I'm not sure but I think it can be fixed I want to see Rey struggle with the dark side of the force and her powers and have the resistance maybe scared of her, defeat kylo by choosing light after struggling with the dark.

10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah even my Mum still thinks she'll be a Skywalker. This trilogy has explored Luke being a legend and the expectations with it. Maybe they could make it that her mum put her in Jakku to avoid the expectations of being Luke's child or something.

Darkspellmaster and ladygrey45 like this.
  11. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Let's see what JJ is going to do with Rey in IX.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  12. hermiona52

hermiona52 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2017
    I wanted her to be Skywalker soo bad, so after I read on some journalist's twitter, that after seeing TLJ she started to support Reylo, even when she didn't know such thing existed before the screening, I was slightly depressed. Two years I believed she was Luke's daughter. After all, everything fits... or so I thought. I thought I could prepare myself for Rey Nobody, but even walking to the cinema I still caught myself thinking about her being Luke's daughter. So I was afraid it would ruin my experience. I couldn't be more mistaken. The way they presented it in TLJ, a whole theme spreading through entire movie that anyone can be a hero, I would hate it if now they would change Rey's parentage. For me it's perfect.

13. Earth Jedi

Earth Jedi Jedi Knight

Dec 21, 2015
    I'm sure you guys have heard of this theory before, but I haven't noticed anyone bring it up recently, but I remember reading a theory on IMDb last year (shortly before the boards were closed down) saying that Rey is Anakin reincarnated. I hated that theory at the time and thought it was ludicrous. But now that we've discovered that her parents were nobodies (Kylo could be lying or mistaken, but I doubt it) then I really don't see any other credible way for the story to continue other than making the reincarnation theory to be true... To be honest, though, it is growing on me now. It would explain why she was so naturally good at everything (flying ships, using the Force, good with a lightsaber the first time she used one, etc). It also would explain why the lightsaber called to her in TFA, and also why Anakin has never appeared to Kylo as a Force ghost (because he really should have done something. He might have stopped Ben from being seduced by Snoke if he'd appeared to him)... If you stop and think about it, the theory actually does make a great deal of sense and I think it's the only way they can go now that I'd be happy with.

14. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015

id rather have her be the force made not Anakin reincarnated but if the force choose to make someone like Anakin but not Anakin himself I think Rey is her own person.

15. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    WHY did the LIGHTSABER call to her?
    WHY did OBI-WAN say her name?

DarthBane93 and Darth Smurf like this.
  16. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    The lightsaber called to her beacon she is the beacon of hope, apart of the Spark that will bring down the First Order. Obi Wan said her name because by this time Luke had turned himself off from the Force and using Obi Wan gave it more of a dramatic narrative.

Kerlosh and hermiona52 like this.
  17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Broom boy, at the end, shows us that the Force is evolving. Without training, he's already moving objects with his mind.

Rey was just the First of many of these new Force users. That explains why she's so strong.

Now, she'll have to teach the new generation.

Kerlosh, Miotas and hermiona52 like this.
  18. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    The Force built in Rey as a balance to the colossal burgeoning power of Ben Solo (and probably Snoke too). Ben was being artificially enhanced, as it were, and therefore Rey was much more powerful than 'natural' force-wielders.

19. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003

I think the door was shut on this literally and figuratively in the movie. Once he had a chance to help the resistance, but chose to become Supreme Leader she saw his true nature and was repelled.

20. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I am not opposed to Rey being nobody. For a thousand generations the majority of Jedi came from nobody.

My problem is with the "Mary Sue" aspect of Rey. She has had NO training and is standing toe to toe with Kylo Ren who has been trained for years. She defeats the Praetorian guards who were well trained. I think the writing should have done a better job in explaining her power. The reason people are calling for her to have a special lineage is to explain these amazing skills she has demonstrated without proper training.

I suspect that in Episode IX we will have a time jump. It will be revealed that she has/had been training with Luke . She has read the Jedi texts and has become a more accomplished Jedi in her ongoing missions against the First Order. This will solve many of the complaints about her and mollify many who would like to see more from Luke.

21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    She'll need to build her own lightsaber. =D=

22. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    "Darkness rises and Light to meet it."

I interpreted her raw power and skill as Force balancing the equasion by giving Kylo an equal on the light side. Besides, she is natural when it comes to melee combat, so no problems there.

Kerlosh, Gemlake and wobbits like this.
  23. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003

Yeah, I understand your point, but the casual fans still think her powers are explained by a secret lineage. It is why she should not have been overpowered in the TFA. The casual fans remember Luke needing training, therefore, Rey's lack of training needs an explanation. The :"Darkness rises and Light to meet it" concept is not enough for a lot of people.

24. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Well, that is their problem :)

Gemlake likes this.
  25. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    dude. forget TFA. NOTHING is moved forward from that film. Remember how luke supposedly was searching for the first jedi temple? Remember how he LEFT A MAP THAT LEADS TO HIM, yet is all pissed off that someone found him?

Gotta love how rey just matrixes a bunch of boulders into the air and holds them there as everyone runs through. Remember when the force wasn't a plot device? Remember the gravitas and significance when yoda lifted luke's T-65 from the water? Now we got untrained folk more than that with little effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.