main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    If I saw her, I'd say to her real slowly.." You smile nice..." Then I'd squint my eyes at her and move in towards her slowly... then I'd CHASE her when she ran away!
    I'd yell " You scream nice too!" , "I'm going to get ya! I'm going to get ya!"

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dear God... is she a pug or a small child...??? [face_hypnotized]

3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    That is how all my encounters with women goes...

4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    You don't need a magazine cover to know that. Most likely who she is, is going to be the driving force of the trilogy. Kylo and Snoke might both want her for different reasons in viii. The next movie will possibly hinge on her motivations. Will she just become a jedi and take down Kylo, or what. Everybody will just have to act accordingly to her.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    She looks uncannily like Padme, Leia, and Shmi. She's obviously related to the skywalkers.

I've been avoiding the new movie areas of the forums, so yea this is probably old news.

IDK what's confirmed so correct me if i'm wrong.

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren likes this.
  6. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014

LOL. I'm an old geezer now but I was a top-level athlete. There are certain things you do not train and cannot teach. The fact she could do it in sand makes it even more impressive. You don't coach speed; you polish what someone is born with.

TJSolo likes this.
  7. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    She's nowhere near the British Athletics team [face_laugh]

8. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Just found this picture on Twitter. I'm not sure if it was already posted here before.

[​IMG]

9. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

Why is a troll post? the guy just stated his opinion

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  10. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

I would say notice me senpai, notice me

11. TJSolo

TJSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2014
    LOL. I'm an old geezer now but I was a top-level athlete. There are certain things you do not train and cannot teach. The fact she could do it in sand makes it even more impressive. You don't coach speed; you polish what someone is born with.[/quote]

I agree, I wouldn't say I was a top-level athlete, but I played a scholarship sport in College The first thing that crossed my mind was she has a natural athletic ability for someone who is clearly new to training at a high level. She has a natural strength, balance, and quick twitch.

Agree again with you on not being able to coach elite speed. You can, to a certain extent, get much faster through training, but some are just born with more fast-twitch muscles. For example, there is always that kid that walks duck footed or is bow legged, has terrible posture, but can burn everyone at age 8 and is going to be able to do that most of their life, even with terrible form and little training.

Force22 and Big Boss like this.
  12. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    forceforchange exclusive art:
    [​IMG]

13. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
  14. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if they're already sick of being hounded by nerds?
    DAISY! DAISY! OVER HERE! DAISY! DAISY! SIGN MY POSTER!:(

15. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I read that as C3PO

16. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Am I the only one who is chilling right now? After all these months of endless debate, I am no longer even trying to find any leak or whatever. We are three weeks from nightangel and the others going to the Netherlands to watch it come here and post the answer. And that will be it.

The debate has been really repetitive at certain points, but it has helped making the wait a bit shorter. So I am glad we still don´t know who is she related to.

17. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    Quick word on Daisy Ridleys accent.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that she is supposed to have an RP accent in the film? Yet none of the clips have really been RP in my opinion. It's difficult to tell because in a lot of the clips she has been shouting at either Finn or BB8 and it sounds way more estuary English to me.

As someone from England the way she said Quad Jumper sounded totally normal - as in 'Kwod Jumpah' - RP would be a lot less slangy.

It's strange because I swear I saw a post of someone saying she had a vocal coach doing the accent with her but she is actually speaking a slightly toned down version of her own accent IMO.

18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    She's pretty middle class if you ask me (accent-wise).

19. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I can't wait to hear her theme. I can't think of anything more I would like in this movie than to see Rey stood with her staff planted in the sand, hair whipping about whilst the Skywalker/Binary sunset theme plays in the background.

Satipo likes this.
  20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I still don't see the big deal with accents. If the person speaks clearly and intelligently what does it matter?

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I hope the mods create a special folder with a big SPOILER warning sign where I can post the answers in .3 weeks. :)

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  22. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    Yeah, in exactly three weeks I'm probably in the 2nd act of the movie :p

Darth_Bertie and nightangel like this.
  23. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Dear God! If I didn't know any better I would proclaim they were the SAME person. They look almost identical. Even closer than Daisy and Natalie do.

If she is not a Skywalker, JJ needs smacked upside the head.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

24. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    It doesn't bother me at all, i'm English. But I do understand it may be offputting to begin with for others, a bit like if I suddenly started hearing a Game of Thrones character speaking with an American accent. She's the first lead of any SW movie not to speak in a US accent unless you count Obi-Wan as a lead in the prequels.

25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm American and accent's don't bother me at all. If someone in GOT spoke with an American accent I'd expect them to come from a distant land. Still don't see the big deal. And Liam Neeson spoke with an accent.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.