main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    he'll be at the Hollywood and London premiere.

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Just wanted you all to know that my SW calendar in the office here at home was just now flipped to December. Whose picture is on December? Leia's. That must have been done on purpose. They knew that Leia was Rey's mother so they put her pic on December. :p

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Sounds like "Benedict Cumberbatch is not Khan" all over again..

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren likes this.
  4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    That proves nothing. Rey could very easily be a girl who has no clue who Luke is other than hearing stories about this legend whom she always assumed was just a mythic figure, but ends up learning he is actually her father by the end of the movie.

In fact I have seen multiple posters here in this very forum speculate this being the EXACT way it all plays out. The fact that JJ is keeping this a secret from the public as if it's a twist actually has a point. Rey doesn't know either, so when she finds out we find out.

JJ actually said on GMA, that the new young characters actually learning about everything is sort of a metaphor for them being like the next generation audience members who will be introduced to Star Wars as a story for the first time themselves.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Satipo likes this.
  5. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    When did JJ EVER say Rey was a Skywalker though?

6. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    No one is saying he did...what am I missing?

7. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

Dude, he is saying that JJ was saying to everyone who wanna listen that Cumberbatch wasn't Khan, and now he is doing the same saying to everyone who wanna hear that she is Rey Random, that's the point the guy was doing, why would someone so secretive of his movie, be so upfront about one of the main plot questions?

Import_Jedi likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    He hasnt. But KK has been banding about Skywalker Saga, Family Tale, Etc and unlike JJ....KK wont be gone essentially for the next movie.

9. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    How would people finding out Rey has Skywalker blood considered a worthy twist? Literally EVERYONE is expecting that.

We know Rey was abandoned on Jakku by her family and she's waiting for her them to return. What you're pitching is Rey being orphaned twice. Once by Luke, and a second time by her adoptive family.

10. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001

Figuratively, literally or visually?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all I could find on Google :p

11. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    The point i was trying to make is that JJ blatanly LIED about Khan. He's never once outright stated that Rey has no Skywalker blood publicly. So the Khan comparison isn't fair to JJ in this situation.

jjgriffin and Seeher like this.
  12. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Import_Jedi

Again i ask, When did JJ ever publicly lie about Rey's identity like he did with Khan? He's never said Rey doesn't have Skywalker blood.

13. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    with Kylo Ren being Han and Leia's son, that statement by KK is still true.

jjgriffin likes this.
  14. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001

He didn't. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, my friend. If I was actually accusing Abrams of lying to people's faces about Luke and Rey, then I would've ended my comment with such emoticons as :rolleyes:, [face_plain], :oops: and/or [face_talk_hand]

But I didn't.

[face_devil]

15. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    That is not necessarily true. Rey could have been fathered by Luke either via some sort of one night stand or he could have been married to the woman. Regardless, something may have happened and Luke had to hide or he simply wasn't around and she was left with her mother and other family members or a close group that they lived with or traveled with, etc...or even a step father or new father figure her mother was married to after Luke was not around any longer.

Doesn't necessarily mean she was orphaned twice.

nightangel likes this.
  16. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

KK should hire you to sell Kylo Ren, Last Skywalker as Evil to the fanbase....I dont think it will go well.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  17. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Isn't that way to close to Luke/Vader's dynamic? The father doesn't meet their child until 19-20 years later. You would think Luke wouldn't want to make the same mistakes as his dad and would want to be in his child's life. You could compare that to real life relationships kids have with their parent, and their mom/dad's parent.

18. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    My friend, as good as this movie looks, 75% of this movie is essentially a riff on something from the OT.

19. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Han dies in this movie. JJ/KK are making bold and brave choices and i absolutely love it.

20. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Yes that's true but Vader had an excuse not to be there for his child, what's Luke's excuse?

21. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I am not sure how that is bold...we all know Ford wanted to die. Besides Star Wars is 3/3 in Old Mentor Kills....4/4 if you count Palps as a Vader Mentor.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  22. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001

Well that's why JJ tackled this movie and why we need to wait 18 days to find out!

23. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    c'mon man. Killing Han Freaking Solo? Some fans are going to be pretty pissed no matter how good the movie is.

24. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, the Knights of Ren massacred the new jedi academy that Luke tried to start up if the MSW spoilers are to be believed (and so far they have all been proven true). The Knights also supposedly kill The Clan, whom many here have concluded is either Rey's "family" or a group that she a part of.

These events certainly would be enough to trigger Luke to go into hiding/seclusion and to wait for the proper time to have Rey or some other potential jedi to find him.

It's not 100% clear yet, but there is certainly a reason that is closer to the circumstances of the jedi purge of ROTS than it is to him just being a bad father or jedi.

Skaddix likes this.
  25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Plagueis is going to kill Han by injecting him with enough Midiclorians for him to OD and die. We will hear Revan cry "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

hippie1kenobi and Seeher like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.