main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    If Daisy is Han and Leia's daughter, and I'm pretty much convinced she is, then I have to say I'm really happy with the choice, and think she's going to be great.

Yanksfan and plaidphoenix like this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There are a couple of other interesting points in that article, like her father revealing the character she is playing as well as the fact another big movie announcement is coming May 4th.

3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I took the May 4 bit as a bit of grand editorializing on the part of the paper at the very end of the story:
    Seems like they were just trying to wrap up the article (in a pretty cheesy way, IMO), not divulge some info they have.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well, that's only logical as he isn't an actress. :p

But let's not insult one cast member to build up another, let's all play nice.

On a seperate point, that was a nice artilce... love how she called him "Mr Ford" and he told her to call him Harrison. [face_laugh] I can so see that in my head...

5. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Where is that in the article?

They also write:
    Maisie is not established and not American.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  6. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Maisie is established as that "girl who was rumoured to be in Star Wars a weeks before the cast was announced". She's like the Meryl Streep of Star Wars casting rumours.

7. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I'm wondering if he volunteered that info (or if he even knows), or if the reporter made an assumption about her character (daughter of Leia and Han) and talked to the dad about that assumption.

Ryus likes this.
  8. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think Daisy is going to be great.

She is certainly taking the interwebs by storm.

And what is up with her twitter account? It is now deactivated. And then there was another one just like it that popped up. Not sure if its real.
    And then there is the blatant removal of videos of her previous work. Why??

She and her agent must have surely known that by being cast in what is the one of the most anticipated films of all time that she was going to get some attention.

9. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    I don't think that the table read photo seating arrangements were coincidental. She will definitely be the daughter of Han and Leia - and could very well be the central figure of this trilogy. It will be nice to see her be as accurate with a blaster as with a lightsabre!

Claire1976 likes this.
  10. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    This is by far the best casting choice.She she no other credits except a few cameos in TV and she looks like she belongs in SW.Everybody else is either from some other franchise or has been in some other known movie.

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Like Mark, Carrie and Harrison.....I know I have seen then in some movie triology before.....but I cant remember what......[face_thinking]

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I hate to be the lone dissenter but I have to admit I'm not actually sold on Ridley's acting skills yet. Maybe she'll be great, but nothing I've seen of her so far has really impressed me. I know she's getting a lot of attention right now, and I really am hoping she nails it, but I'm just not quite as confident as most people seem to be at this moment. I'm definitely pulling for her though, because if she's a Skywalker heir then her character has a potential that exceeds any female character in previous SW films.

Dewback likes this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Something tells me they've re-done the script a few times over. The biological son of Luke was repetitive. They may have wanted to make the daughter of Leia the one to watch-fulfilling the destiny of "there is another", but not the one you'd expect.

14. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    Mystery Roach

It's perfectly understandable to not be sold on her acting skills. After all, she hasn't done much and this is a HUGE role that not only Star Wars fans hoping for a great character, but for female's, especially young ones to look up to and root for.

Abrams has never blown me away with any of his films, but one thing I noticed is he always gets good performances out of his actors. Super 8 was a good example since he had a bunch of child actors in it.

15. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Given how she looks, ya, the safe money is on Leia and Hans daughter.

Ryus likes this.
  16. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    It would be incredibly disappointing if she wasn't - but again, where they were seated together was not coincidental.

Daisy would have to read some parts of the script where she can get a hold on how her character interacts with her 'parents', Han and Leia.

Judging from the photo - she seems to be engaged in some good conversation with Carrie.

Yanksfan likes this.
  17. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

You know how silly it is to try to guess whos who based ont hat picture?

At some point I'm sure ALL the people there were engaged with Carrie fisher in a conversatyino

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Judging how she looks remarkably like Padme, it's safe to assume Daisy is the daughter of Leia and Han.

In some allege early ideas of the ST back in the 80s, Luke's sister was meant to be the real hero of the saga. Who knows if J.J has stuck to the drafts and ideas of Lucas and moved the focus onto a daughter. But I do think "there is another" is/was referring to Leia in ESB and the Five Priestesses in the Yoda arc are talking about Luke.There were no hints in TCW about potential new Skywalker protagonist in the ST

Like jedijax said, I think they rewrote to script to have a single grandchild of Anakin - the granddaughter of the most powerful Jedi Knight ever and Sith Lord is more significant, than multiple grand children. Don't think J.J wants the ST to focus on more twins or a son, again.

Yanksfan likes this.
  19. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Well, its all we have at this point so don't blame me. :p

20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    And this:

[​IMG]

plaidphoenix and The Hellhammer like this.
  21. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I wouldn't assume that. A couple of entertainment rags hinted that the scheduled release date for the casting news was in fact May 4th, but with Deadline Hollywood's reveal on April 28th that a table read was happening the next day the company knew the casting info would leak and jumped on it. Lucasfilm didn't want another JJ fiasco with the whole world knowing he had signed to direct before they could get a press release out. Even the guy who even posted that goofy cantina video that's on on starwars.com confirmed his video was supposed to debut on the 29th, but he got a call that morning and was informed they were moving his short film up a couple of days. Seemed rather last minute.

Yancy

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Padme did have 2 kids you know... If she is a dead ringer for Padme why should she automatically be Leia's daughter? ;)

ChildOfWinds and Darth Archimage like this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    She could be Luke's son.

24. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I disagree. Clearly Max von Sydow will be Luke's son.

25. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    well i can see why JJ signed her up. The Force is strong in this one.

really looking forward to see her work in our most beloved franchise. :)

Chained Prometheus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.