main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014

[​IMG]

2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    [​IMG]

SO.... How 'bout that Daisy Ridley? :p

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    As others have said, I wouldn't get worked up about an action figure that may not be finished, may only indicate a small part of the film, etc. It could be that she doesn't wield a lightsaber in this film, but maybe she does later in the trilogy, or maybe she does in this one... we don't know for sure. I'd be disappointed if Daisy isn't an awesome character (she really doesn't need a lightsaber to be that, I would like it, but it's not absolutely necessary) so I'm going to wait and see the movie before I get upset about something because there may not be anything to be upset about.

plaidphoenix and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    People, you realize that Rey's figure can hold a saber, right? Her hands may be sculpted to allow for a blaster grip and trigger, but they're capable of holding other things. X-wing Luke has a blaster grip on his right hand, but holds his saber fine there, too. Odds are she starts the film as someone more likely to use blasters, and if these are indeed preview figures that might be all she's packed with (besides BB-8). A later figure in a different outfit would then likely have a saber, perhaps.

5. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    What are you talking about "lightsaber hands".. her hands are just right for a slightly slanted double grip. Do you even action figures?

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I've had a hunch for a while that Daisy's weapon of choice in this movie would be a blaster, though she may also own/use a lightsabre at some point. We just may see more of the former in this movie. Whether she's reluctant or not to train as a Jedi is moot; I'm pretty confident she'll become one in due course if she isn't one already. :)

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Don`t forget about the concept art.

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    If Rey is a Sky-Solo, which I believe she is (*cough*Solo*cough*), I will be deeply shocked if she never becomes a Jedi in the ST. But as you and others have pointed out, it makes perfect sense that she might not be a Jedi in the first film, or even handle a lightsaber much at first.

The first film has to accomplish an awful lot -- introduce all the new characters, re-introduce the classic characters and explain how they got where they are, possibly kill off one or two classic characters, and of course the whole good-vs-evil plot. With all that going on, Rey's training and coming of age as a Jedi can certainly wait until the later films.

CairnsTony likes this.
  9. littlebigman

littlebigman Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2014
    Inappropriate

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Wow, you must be like Lando with the women. With these kind of profound sentences they must fall at your feet.

11. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Does Daisy know about this? Too bad she quit twitter, it would be wonderful to see her reaction. :D

12. littlebigman

littlebigman Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2014
    lol, they do. Im a pick up masta. ;)

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I imagine it would be like this
    [​IMG]

14. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Probably one of the reasons she quit twitter. A stranger getting a tattoo of your face is just one step away from them telling you where to put the lotion.

15. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I remember her and John freaking out about being LEGO....

16. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    The good thing is she has a sympathetic mentor in Carrie, who throughout the years has become all too familiar with poorly rendered tattoos of her own face on various other peoples' body parts.

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda wonder what their reactions will be when the NSFW fan art and fiction starts poping up. Oh god *quickly checks AO3 to see if its already begun* Ok we're still safe. No fan fics about the new characters have been created yet. We have to enjoy this peace while it lasts :p

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If any of you guys want to get a tattoo of me, I'm completely ok with it

19. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    well better of than from, i guess

20. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Do you actually believe that Ridley won't be playing a force-sensitive character who is or becomes a jedi? After six films of not having a prominent female jedi? TPTB are not that tone deaf.

Yanksfan likes this.
  21. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't know what to believe if am been honest, I just don't want something that seems to come across as generic. I like variety, something different. I know the theory of if it's not broke don't fix it method. I hope that is not going to happen.........

22. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

23. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    You mean Sneakers O'Toole!

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Thanks for the link, some clued up contributors there. Someone also suspects she may be left-handed as I do, does this make a difference to the figures? Did they have an Anakin-fights-Tyranus-two-handed-lightsabre-gripping-hands figure?

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  25. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    There is no Han without Chewie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.