main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I find it strange that she has decided to shut herself out from social media now - twitter, etc. And that her work from other shows are being removed.

Is she having trouble dealing with all the immediate attention? Did she think she was auditioning for a movie other than Star Wars??

2. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

It could be that JJ and co. are trying to be more secretive about her, since she's the wild card.

Yanksfan and T-R- like this.
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    its all fun and games until someone casts you in star wars

EHT likes this.
  4. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I have no clue about her acting skills, other than my belief that JJ wouldn't have hired her for this role unless she was very good. IMO, he has a great track record so far with picking actors. But she looks perfect for Han and Leia's daughter.

But given Lucas' propensity to put young teenage girls in positions of high power, I'm calling it now that Daisy's character will be a senator or a queen.

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    She'll take up her grandmother's mantle and become Queen of Naboo before being elected to the Senate and then her Uncle Luke will train her to become the Sword of the Jedi.

6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    This is her!:p

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  7. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    And be a swashbuckler like her father!

plaidphoenix and Claire1976 like this.
  8. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Exactly.

You would think she was prepared for the onslaught of attention upon the casting announcement.

Guess not.

9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    overnight international celebrity awareness lessons should be obligatory at drama school, not optional

DarthScully and UseTheForceLady like this.
  10. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Agreed.

Funny, in a span of 11 hours, her twitter account followers increased massively. Her face was on EVERY news blog, webpage - just about everything.

Next thing you know - her twitter account was deactivated.

??

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    that gets me so angry, how am i to harass her in 140 characters or less now?

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She has sought ought support for dealing with her newfound fame from Jake Lloyd.

13. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Better than her speculated future Star Wars mother. [face_laugh]

"Here, take a shot glass of this, a couple of these and snort this....then call me in the morning."

DarthScully and UseTheForceLady like this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  15. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I would love it if the cast just sat in the chairs that looked most comfy to them...heh. Anyway, Daisy is lovely and must have made an impression on JJ and everyone else. If she is indeed how her dad and former teacher describe her, intelligent, feisty and determined...well, that sounds about right. I would not be surprised if taking her off social media was more of a Disney move...look at all the trouble they have with Ruffalo and Downey, Jr. tweeting stuff from Avengers 2! The Marvel snipers are working overtime on that one.

16. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    You know I was joking. Carrie would say something along those lines. Ever read her tweets? She's a hoot.

DarthScully likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Fair enough. But, try to set a better example for the maladroits on here who would post insulting commentary about her personal struggles and actually mean it.

Yanksfan, EHT and Darth Punk like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i just saw the drink and drug references, i completely missed the emoticon

smileys make it all ok

19. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Ok.
    And I despise those 'maladroits' you speak of.

Anyhow -- back to Daisy.

20. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

That's my guess too. Either Disney or JJ wants her to keep away from the media for now, just to make sure she doesn't give anything away yet about the film.

21. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

It could also be to keep their actors waay from negative reactions - look at what happened with bat-fleck.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  22. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

That too. Especially since this is an enormous jump into fame for Ridley.

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah. Mark can tweet because they already know they can trust him to keep secrets.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  24. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

And as we know good child actors are hard to come by :D I would have gone the safe route and assembled a Nolan like ensemble cast of Morgan Freeman, Cilian Murphy, Rinko Kikuchi and similar figures. But building a cast out of unknowns is very hard. If JJ pulls it off now, he will forever be a legend.

For me, that is Serkis. He is the most misterious of the bunch. For the others we can be sure they are playing humanoid robots or near human species at the very least. But Serkis can be a Rancor for all we know. But yeah, a potential female lead who is not a Luke offspring sounds exciting.

By silly reason you mean getting captured by a space slug? For Padmé the reason was: I'm on Naboo now THAT is silly. Not that I had any problem with the S&M outfit, but nothing beats the metal bikini.

Agreed. Few can compare to Natalie Portman but she certainly can. As Mr Plinkett put it: Look at dem lips. Aren't these just the types you want to put duct tape over?

Yeah. This seems like too much of a resemblance. The looks, the seating, it all adds up. She is definitely a Solo. Probably Jemma Solo or something like that so someone can mistakenly call her Jaina :D

25. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    She definitely doesn't want such attention, especially from thousands of ugly and fat creeps harassing her on Facebook or Twitter "ZOMG BABY U R SO HOT!!!!! I WANT YOU! WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?"

Some women DO want that kind of attentions, but people like her, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence absolutely don't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.