main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

wow you nailed it, this is the revelation in the ST. [face_devil]

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, one of the main focuses of the PT was that Anakin had a secret wife and kids on the way. That caused him some problems. So, I think for one of the themes to be the issues a wife and family can cause for a jedi, that might cause some primogeniture issues. Meaning, Luke might not have kids. It's not that unusual for a jedi to have no children. In fact, it's pretty much the norm from what we've seen. So, you can go on and on all you want about their being a direct legacy from Anakin to Luke to ? because that is what you've seen in other movies. But Star Wars isn't another movie. A jedi with a kid or kids isn't necessarily expected. I think, too, a lot of the audience would wonder, what was the deal with Anakin having to be secretly married? What happened to that? Does that rule still apply? Maybe it doesn't. And maybe Luke is a different sort of jedi. But, again, that requires some explanation for the audience. I don't necessarily think there will be Anakin-Luke-Daughter. The writers might have created the legacy through Leia. It's very possible that they did that. And I think it's likely. You disagree and that's fine. But we can argue until December that you think the ST must carry on Luke's tradition through a child and that's the way to be true to the saga. But, ultimately, it's up to the writers, Disney, etc... They might not think like you do. Or I do.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you have to have some cheap reveals and what's wrong with having 3 such reveals in one movie.[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  4. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

you forgot the Jedi order does not exist anymore, so who could forbid Luke having a family? [face_tee_hee]

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    how can one person make an order???[face_tee_hee][face_laugh]
    who would even dare chastise Luke if he did have a family there is no Order and Luke will be the only Jedi by VII (according to rumor) and there is a lot more reasons, (just use your imagination/logic).:p

nightangel likes this.
  6. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, Luke saw what happened to his own father. Who would forbid Luke from having a family? Perhaps Luke himself. By hiding himself away (and yes, I understand that Luke having a wife and a child would have happened before), Luke will presumably show how he would go to great lengths to protect others from him, what he is capable of doing, his legacy, what have you.... Luke seems overly cautious when his father was quite risky.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    your making assumptions,and what saved the Galaxy Anakin's kid with his love and compassion.[face_love]
    so Luke won't have kids because of what happened to his dad, but Leia would.o_O
    I have yet to read/hear any good reasons (most seem to be biased reasons) as to why Luke shouldn't have any kids.[face_devil]

8. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Luke is a jedi. Leia isn't. And maybe Leia has had her own issues about it. Maybe that's why she only had one child. But I guess I'm assuming that Luke would rather emulate Obi Wan than his own father. And, yeah, Obi Wan had a lady on the side or whatever, but his choices widely vary from Anakin.

Luke MAY have a kid. I'm not saying he won't. But I think Han/Leia are more likely to. And given what we've heard (other than the orphan drop by Kyle and in the casting description), the consensus seems to be that Rey is the child of Han and Leia.

Rey is Luke's kid was quiet as a theory on here for awhile. But was the resurgence due to Kyle's drop? I mean, COME ON. But I realize Luke is your fave or whatever. But I believe 100% Rey is Han/Leia's daughter. We'll just disagree.

9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    again you nailed the point and since she was not trained at all and did not talk to a redeemed Anakin, so she may have more concerns. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  10. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    That was actually a pretty good storyline in the EU. Leia was really hesitant to have kids. And understandably so given who she descended from. But ultimately she decided to.

Rey is fairly young. Meaning Han and Leia would have had her later in life. Maybe they held off or decided not have kids but then changed their minds or it just happened. People who have genetic disease, mental illness or whatever in their family tend to think about those things.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Rey being mentioned to be Luke's kid is nothing new and I'm the type of person that looks at things from all angles and possibilities (but I keep most of these possibilities to myself[face_devil] ),who can turn his bias switch on and off so me saying there is more potential for Rey as a Skywalker is me looking at the big picture of the ST, without any fav bias. I'm not she's a Solo end of story move on.o_O[face_devil]

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, I could clearly see Luke not wanting children for because he does not want to burden them with those abilities and his family history.

LOL at starocean90.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    where's your [face_laugh] emoticon.[face_laugh]

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    starocean90 likes this.
  15. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    starocean90 and TheBBP like this.
  16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I still think that the Chosen One (Anakin) was who saved the galaxy. His compassion for Luke was the catalyst.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    The Chosen One. A being conceived by the Force itself, to bring about balance in a time of darkness for the Galaxy. He who fulfilled the millennia old prophecy. And he who wilfully killed innocent kids on his journey in doing so lol ;)

Knessa84 likes this.
  18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Correct. You don't think that everyone that was aboard the Death Star was deserving of execution do you?

19. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Getting a little off topic here but there's a difference between destroying a mass weapon - a military station called the "death star" and striking down/killing small children.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Probably not. But they were all old enough to make their choice in life weren't they? Can't recall seeing too many kids on the Death Star. It was after all, a military installation. Am I right?

Knessa84 likes this.
  21. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Innocents are innocents regardless of age and dead innocents are part of war. None of it changes the fact that Anakin was the Chosen One and the he was the one who ended Palpatine's reign and saved the galaxy. Luke stopped Vader but was not strong enough to end Palpatine. Unless Anakin snaps to, Luke dies on the floor of the throne room and Palpatine lives and repairs Vader again.

Darth PJ likes this.
  22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    So all's fair in love and war then? Are Child killers not deserving of redemption? You ask anyone that, and 99.9 times out of 100 you'll get the response of, "No they're not"

23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Anakin turning to the darkside had absolutely nothing to do with him having kids and everything to do with a dysfunctional Jedi order and a nefarious Palpatine. Indeed, it was the love his son had for him (and the love he had for his son) that allowed him to redeem himself and end Palpatine's rule. If Luke learnt anything, it's that a Jedi shouldn't be detached and devoid of love. But who knows? Perhaps that's one of the reasons Luke disappears?

24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Redemption of the spirit and soul means nothing unless it can be applied equally. That's what redemption is all about. But yes, I'd agree that Joe public don't tend to like child killers or anyone depicted within the 'axis of evil'.

starocean90 likes this.
  25. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I believe ALL people deserve the opportunity to get redemption. Redemption isn't the same thing as forgiveness. It is more about what you are feeling now, and what actions you make to represent this...Just my opinion this is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.