main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Check the subway looking map.;)
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/jakku-desert-planet-in-tfa-revealed.50029262/page-14

Jcuk likes this.
  2. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    It's worth mentioning that this subway map is not necessarily accurate in terms of the relative proximity of the systems to each other, it's obviously meant as some info in form of a gag related to Milano.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    As I pointed out in the Jakku thread, Kira is an EU system from a game supplement. Two suns, 4 planets, only the 2nd is declared habitable during the Old Republic, and sometime later the 3 inner worlds are destroyed, leaving behind the "Kira Prime" asteroid belt.

4. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    Question is, is the map meant for May Fourth and doesn't distinguish between legendary and current canon, or is it current canon?

5. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Good question. Am not sure myself, I have seen people try and describe it to me and I am just as confounded to what is canon and what is not till this day.

6. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I doubt it's current canon, as there are a lot of worlds on there solely from EU material... too much, I would think, to canonize at once (even if it's simply canonizing the names of such worlds).

As for what's canon, here's the rundown: the movies, TCW & Rebels, that's the easy part... all new books published in & after April 2014 (starting with A New Dawn), all new short stories in SW Insider starting with last year's Blade Squadron tale, all new Marvel Comics starting with SW #1, Dark Horse's Son of Dathomir miniseries, and the incomplete animatic/rough animation of Crystal Crisis on Utapau and Bad Batch. Battlefront will have a novel, which will be canon, and will feature at least portions of canon events, even if they don't necessarily unfold entirely as they do in canon (such as the DLC "The Battle of Jakku"), but much of the gameplay, the ability to use heroes on various levels, etc will not be canon. Future games with actual storylines/campaigns will likely have elements and overall plot be canon, but not gameplay.

Did I miss anything?

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    What's interesting, is it appears that Jakku is located more toward the core worlds of the GFFA. I'd assumed it was going to be an Outer Rim world.

8. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It is in the Outer Rim according to Wookiepedia.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku

9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Ah thanks for that. That tube map is very deceiving. Jakku is literally opposite Naboo near the Inner Core? Oh well..

10. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I love this. So funny. I think you mean droids, though. LOL.

Honestly, I never took any of the rumors to be 100% factual, but I do believe that some of them are true, especially the one about Han dying. If that weren't true, wow! and great!

The story can't be all this dark. It just can't be. And Han can't be the victim of all of these horrible things that happened to him in 30 years. What a sad storyline for characters we loved way back when. I'm not in the "sad story" camp with any of the characters, including possibly Rey.

The other thing is that rumors are great to stir up hype and enthusiasm, but I think that there is too much of a good thing sometimes. Sometimes all those rumors can backfire and create a backlash. It can make fans like myself not be as enthusiastic for the movie as well.

11. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    If much of the story leaks are true, it wasn't all dark... they had years, theoretically, where things were pretty good, even as the Empire crumbled (and we don't exactly know when the First Order rose in its place). Kylo, Rey, Finn, and Poe were probably happy kids for a time. Han & Leia may have even been happy for awhile. But if Luke's got a school that gets massacred, that's when things really go south... and Han & Leia may split, but still may find solace in other things even tho they may think their kid(s) is missing/dead. Things will get dark, and be dark for awhile, but there will be light... and unless maybe if they're already planning X-XII to truly wrap things up, IX will probably have another ROTJ-style happy ending, and a future trilogy could jump ahead a generation or three so the surviving heroes really get a "happily ever after" this time. Doesn't mean there won't be decades of stories still to tell, but it may finally shift the spotlight off the SkySolos for the most part.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  12. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I'm okay with the shifting, but well, you know the drill from my previous posts. My opinion about the Big 3's ending haven't changed. I do like your post, though.

13. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Must be current because why include Jakku, We only just learned about this planet. Of course that is if this map is legit and if its coming from the official Italian Facebook page it must have some relevance.

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    But what is the point of the map and of what interest does it serve to us days before May the Fourth???

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

http://easyexpo2015.com/star-wars-day-milano/

16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    seems like Making thinks unless she's named after a planet her name being Kira seems doubtful.
    Good Good.[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the word is cast.

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You are being arrested and charged with a violation of the terms of the Grammar Code 1814, revision 56.

thejeditraitor and Skaddix like this.
  19. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Take him away boys.

Darth_Bertie and thejeditraitor like this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I was drawn back in by Trank's departure - I'm not staying long, so how is everyone?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    are you done with spoilers?

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

What do mean?

24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    you said drawn in. have you left?

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I had ... have ;). And it was crazy difficult cold turkey. :p

Any of you folks seen the movie Chocolate? The 2008 martial arts one, not the early romance one. :)

I watched it last night for the first time (it is awesome) band just in the last few minutes I had a thought about it relation to TFA.

I thought that Abrams and Kasdan might have to lessen the heroics of OT characters in order to make Rey and company look good, or vice versa.

However, the movie Chocolate showed me that it can be done very well and that the older fighters can still be awesome and fleshed out without taking anything away from the younger heroes. ;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.