main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Sorry. The page kept reloading.

2. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    I was typing that out at like 4 in the morning my time.

He who is without grammatical sin, cast the first stone.

3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    If her name was switched from Kira to Rey why would Kira be on call sheets and shooting schedules? I could see Kira still being in the script but documents that are drawn up pretty much right prior to filming and throughout the filming process wouldn't have her new name on it? That's a stretch.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    'Kira' was the production and on set name on call sheets, like 'Original Warrior' or 'OW' for Luke. ;)

5. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    But why would she need such a production name when she's a new character? I could see why Luke has a production name because his reveal or scenes are a huge plot point. Why couldn't Rey be in the call sheets? There's nothing about her name that reveals anything. And the other main new characters, Finn and Poe, do not have production names.

6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    This. Finn and Poe are "Finn" and "Poe" on the call sheets along with "Kira". Jason said that he was very surprised to see her being announced as Rey.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I really hope there is no Kira.:rolleyes:

8. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    Why? You have absolutely no clue what that would mean or play out like in the story.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't get your logic because I'm saying I hope Rey's name is not Kira, you talk about story, what does that have to do with story she can still be a Solo and so can Kylo without her being called Kira.o_O

Jedi Merkurian and nightangel like this.
  10. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I have a small suspicion that Rose reveals her name to her during the flashback stories and that`s why she is upset afterwards.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so she's upset because her real name isn't Rey or because she's Han's kid.:p

nightangel likes this.
  12. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Rose will tell "Rey" who she really is and she will be upset because she didn`t know.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I still feel personally like it will be hard to care about the relationship between Rey if she's a Solo if she only interacts with Han without knowing of the relation and only once with Leia in the entire movie, kinda makes me feel like Han should be killed in VIII and not in VII.[face_dunno]

14. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    No I mean, why do you feel so strongly about "Kira". Is it just you don't like the name, or what?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    hey, I'm not the only one and I find it to be an unoriginal name in fantasy and science fiction, also add to the fact that it's also a guy's name in Japanese and it seems to me like the only reason why people want her to have the Kira Rey name is to confirm she's a Solo kid just like Kylo Ren who based on rumors seems to be one. The thing is she doesn't even need to be Kira Rey to be a Solo kid.:)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, our hero is called - Luke.
    All I'm gonna say to that ;)

Knessa84 likes this.
  17. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    And the same could be said for her being Luke's daughter. We would have to say that Han doesn't recognize Luke's daughter; or that he never knew that Luke had a daughter.

If so, you would have to ask yourself why would they intentionally write themselves into such a tight corner like that. They could have literally done anything. Anything. And yet they went with the "no-one recognizes anyone" bit for the entire movie? Why?

Why would Kasdan and Abrams intentionally do that to themselves? Now you have to pull a rabbit out of your hat while blindfolded and doing a handstand.

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Not really the same unless Lucas gets instagibbed by Uber to open VIII. He will be around for some interaction where the relation is known.

Still there is something tragic about missing a chance to really connect to your parents that could be played up

starocean90 likes this.
  19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yes true, so no real relationship with Han (her supposed father), no interaction except a fond farewell with her supposed mother and then training with an almost forgotten und unknown uncle (mainly off screen until he dies in VIII). I fear there won't be any emotional attachments at all. So it will be hard for audiences to attach to her. [face_dunno]

iluvkoalas and starocean90 like this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Go Daisy! =D= [:D]

21. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I think it would put Luke in a bad light if Han has to bust his butt saving Luke`s daugher, losing his life in the process (in fact, Luke seems to be the only one of the heroes who doesn`t participate in the rescue of his own daugher) while Luke enjoys the ocean view, sipping Irish whiskey.

22. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    "This is a generational family saga and that fundamentally has been very important to us to continue that. And the drama inherent in that is the tension between good and evil." --Kathleen Kennedy (direct quote)

23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    the same can be said about Rey being his niece. Luke is doing nothing and let his friends/family alone in danger. So in fact whoever Rey is, Luke is in a bad light. :rolleyes:[face_sigh]

starocean90 and Skaddix like this.
  24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah Luke is not looking good no matter what unless he is sitting in a Prison Cell.

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Okay someone HAS to be a legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.