main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014

About right [face_laugh]

2. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the funny thing is she has a thread to discuss her parents and yet the discussion of parentage is always here and the problem with those discussion is it becomes more about the parents than about Rey herself.:p

4. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    well if we were to talk only about Rey/Daisy the conversation would get really creepy really fast lol :p

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    IMO the worst part is how this, which should not be a mystery (IMO at least) is a key part of the makerting campaign. Notice how both Finn and Rey surnames are missing. Folks at Lucasfilm must the crying tears of joy reading us here.

6. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    Which is funny because on the Poe Dameron board I suggested that the fact that Poe has a last name means HE is the solo or Skywalker because everyone would be so distracted by Finn and Rey not having a last name lol

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    isn't that what a recent reddit said that Poe was Han/Leias.:p

nightangel likes this.
  8. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    perhaps but I only visit Reddit to find funny pics to put on Facebook lol

starocean90 likes this.
  9. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013

DaddlerTheDalek and turnip white like this.
  10. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    One thing I am very glad about, at least Rey doesn't sound (so far ) like some angist, whinny, "Oh why am I cursed with such a great life" character, nor does she sound like some 'diamond in the ruff' who doesn't like to steal but must to survive or a "I was a very bad girl but now that the power of love has embrace me; I must sing and dance with the teddy bears. Oooooo look a rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dean Vantis likes this.
  11. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Uh, I guess I'm with you--I am also glad that she doesn't seem to be any of those very confusing things you described.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

775 page and still discussing whether or not Ren is Skywalker or Solo....

DaddlerTheDalek and Dewback like this.
  13. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I'd say she's a Solo. At the end of VI, Luke clearly was at ease that the battle was all over and comfortable with himself whereas Han and Leia were beginning to have a relationship. Naturally, Rey would be the result of that.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    GET ON TOPIC. THE TOPIC IS NOT "BEING OFF-TOPIC". BANS IMMINENT.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    In the first draft of ESB when Luke's dad was still a dead Jedi he appears as a Force ghost to Luke. I wonder if Rey is Luke's daughter then perhaps that could be a way to put her mother into the film.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I doubt it.

She'll be an orphan, only to discover a lost heritage in Episode IX. Why? it's all sound very predictable at the moment.

17. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I doubt if there is a reveal it will be in IX. I believe TFA or VIII would be the most likely scenarios. Taking into account the latest rumors, I´d say VIII would be the movie for the reveal.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not sure.
    Don't think they'll mirror ESB - would be *very* predictable.

19. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    An episode 8 reveal would be a terrible choice for so many reasons. I mean, the only way that works is if she's unrelated in which case it's not even a reveal then cause who cares? If she's either a Solo or Kenobi it should just be apparent from the beginning with no reveal at all. The Solos are in this movie a lot so plenty of interaction time for her. Kenobi's been out of the picture for too long for this to have much meaning, it's be more like a cute Easter egg. The only option that secrecy makes sense for is Skywalker but even then they should reveal that in the final scene of TFA.

ChildOfWinds and MoPic like this.
  20. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    And I really hope they don't follow the Jon Snow route with Rey where the parentage question was played for so long that the audience already knows and stopped caring already.

21. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Although (in the absence of any compelling new evidence) I still think we will get a reveal of her parentage in VII; there is a precedence of course with a reveal in VIII: with Luke, we were none the wiser as to whom his family were until ESB (Dad); ROTJ (Sis) and TPM (Mum/Granny), as well as a whole load of reveal as to the importance of the Skywalker dynasty to the bigger picture.

Whatever we do or do not find out in TFA about Rey, I still think it's just the beginning, as in so much classic story telling, to a much bigger picture of what she is really about. One can speculate what form that may take of course.:)

22. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I keep thinking pushing the reveal to VIII would be a cheao attempt to rehash the Vader reveal in ESB. Which is not wise, and probably Abrams, Kasdan, and Rian Johnson are totally aware of this. That moment is part of cinema history and will not be repeated. It revealed both the baddie and the hero´s identities. At the same movie. It seems TFA makes it very clear who Kylo is. Why not doing the same with Rey? We thought her identity was revealed during the flashback. MSW says some sources are saying there is not such reveal in the movie.

My bet is still that is Rey is a legacy character it will be revealed in TFA. That´s why I wish we can read a more ellaborated post about the flashback and about the interrogation scene.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  23. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Btw, something I think people do not consider enough is the rumored "you´ll naver be as powerful as Darth Vader" line. I think that line, even when it is based on something Rey sees in Kylo´s mind, implies she knows who Vader was, and that both Kylo and Rey share a past together. As I have said here before, I thik both were part of the academy, with Kylo being one of Luke´s first apprentices, and Rey the last one.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    well if you read someone's thoughts i think you get the vader info as well.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That seems like a pretty good point.

How would she know how powerful Vader was?

She might know what Kylo thinks about him, but that's not enough to warrant a factual assertion on her part. Unless she's just bustin' his *****.

Seeher, Revanfan1 and CairnsTony like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.