main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I guess this begs the question: who is the next generation of Skywalker? It was recently stated that these movies were the story of the Skywalker family. That said, I think its possible that Kylo is the son of Luke. Think about it. He's the only one left that it could possibly be. That's my take.

2. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    Oh boy...

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Lucas always changed his mind, so no.

4. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Potentially, but we don't really know anything about Rey's would-be parents in this scenario. It could be that they abandoned her as a baby/toddler and she'd been on her own prior to being found by Luke to begin with. In that case, Luke may very well be the only family she ever had- even if it was only for a limited time. There's so many different variables that are possibly involved here.

The general scope of things here is that Rey is an orphan looking for her family. The answer isn't necessarily going to be that she finds her blood-related family, because family is a concept that's bigger than that. Maybe Luke raised her for a good chunk of her childhood, prior to the massacre of his academy and then thought he lost her after the attack. Maybe he only took care her for a couple of years and really wasn't worth being seen as her "father" from that time and their arc together in VIII and IX is to fix that. Who knows?

starocean90 likes this.
  5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

Please, not another fallen Skywalker...

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that could always have been Luke, could have been a lost in translation thing, people in general say parents over parent. And are we really sure that rumor is really reliable it didn't even come from MSW from what I recall it came from one of his podcast friends, let's not forget the 4 sources that said Gleeson was Luke's son. So this new rumor could end being true or the other one is true or a mix of both or neither.:p

Big Boss, TheBBP and nightangel like this.
  7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    But if the whole point is to have an unrelated girl being adopted by Luke, why didn`t they make it clear that she is unrelated, instead of leaving it open?

NostalgiaFan and Aayla_Amidala like this.
  8. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

"Leaving it open," how? You mean the fact that we the fans currently don't know? Two words: Mystery. Box.

JJ is all about that mystery and speculation. I don't think he's as detailed or overly convoluted as some folks try to paint him to be, but I could totally see him hiding Rey's identity just to mess with fans and keep them guessing at every turn on whether or not she's unrelated, adopted, a Skywalker or a Solo.

Big Boss and starocean90 like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if she's a Solo than one wouldn't even have had to bother speculating beyond the cast announcement.[face_laugh]

10. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

This is true. Everyone assumed that Daisy would be playing Han and Leia's daughter from the moment the cast was announced last year. The debate really didn't start to come into play until filming was underway and spoilers started to leak out.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    yup it's when MSW back in July I think started telling us Rey is living alone in the desert, so the official stuff "teased her being a Solo" but the rumors (later official) told us she's alone which started opening up other possibilities like Skywalker or unrelated. Thing is, would JJ really have all this secrecy and mystery box on Rey and no one with sources seems able to zoom in on the answer if she really was a Solo, something everyone assumed on day 1 or is Solo just a red herring.[face_thinking]

Big Boss and nightangel like this.
  12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Or the Red Herring is the real deal this time and she is a Solo in the end. But it would be the most lazy and boring solution with Jacen vs Jaina and a more than lame story. But JJ would please all Han (Solo) / Leia fans....hmmmm... no idea, but could be possible because of the popularity of Solo/Ford. :(

13. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Why not that's would be the ultimate mystery box; all these leaks haven't dismissed anything only created more speculation and debate; remember he said the hints are out there[face_thinking]

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Luke lost his adoptive rights. And why didn't Luke adopt all of those other kids?

The whole Luke-adopted father-but didn't raise her-and she doesn't even know who he is has got to be the most ridiculous rumor ever. Give me a friggin' hand floating in space any day!

But it's brought to us by Reddit where we got SO many wonderful and true spoilers that we cannot even count. Such a wealth of resources from that wonderful place that match up so well with MSW. Here are a few:
    (1) Gleeson is Luke's son.
    (2) Gleeson is not Luke's son.
    (3) Gleeson is a clone of Tarkin.
    (4) Rey is Han and Leia's daughter.
    (5) No she's not.
    (6) Rey is Luke's biological daughter.
    (7) No, on the other hand she's not.
    (8) Finn might be a Calrissian.
    (9) Palpatine is back in some fashion.
    (10) Nope.

I could go on but my bladder needs emptying. TTFN!!!

Darth_Voider likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and he also said there are red herrings in one of his interviews.:p

Big Boss and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  16. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    at this point anything is possible. :D

17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    if it was a playing with out expectations I would be more or less done since I'm zero interested in a Solo only trilogy. Not after waiting over 30 years. :(

18. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    JJ is laughing at all of us [face_laugh]

19. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Ya I used to enjoy speculating, but now I am just ready for the film to come out. There are too many good answers that have been ruled out and really terrible answers that are still in play for me to sit here and sift through. Maybe trailer #3 will end some of the speculation, but I highly doubt it.

20. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Now, this is a fact.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

22. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that he is. [face_laugh]

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  23. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    That's why I think the most obvious answer is the right one.

24. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

The thing is that Rey Solo is less and less the "obvious" answer in light of what we know. Honestly, regardless of the specifics, the most obvious answer is that Rey isn't related by blood to any of the OT3. Not Luke, not Leia and not Han.

See how this whole thing works? JJ's laughing because he's got everyone in a bind and no one can really be certain as to who's right and who's wrong.

25. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Exactly... quite remarkable on his part

B99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.