main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Look at it, it's virtually a Mohican.

2. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    It's the image from the Celebration badge. Nothing to be worked up about though I'm sure there will be attempts to read into how characters are positioned and what that mean for the story. As Jason&gang say in the latest NTIP, marketing is all about what has the most appeal. Not necessarily what's in the movie.

Boring poster, though.

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    You think :confused: Well we know Daisy has never been seen with that hair do. I kind of get it, I guess but to me it just looks tied back to me [face_dunno] Artistic license I guess [face_laugh]

4. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Love that art. Nice!

The poster is ok.

5. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  6. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Nice find,glad to see Daisy look so happy. Just a quick question, anyone know when the MOTOE crew will head for Malta? It seems they are doing re-shoots in Ireland for TLJ next month. I wonder how she is going to fit it all in.

7. Darth Zitious

Darth Zitious Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2016
    IMO it made perfect sense for the PT fights to be flashy. The era of the Jedi Council, many masters so the style was much more fast paced. Whereas the OT it is a Sith who was slowed down by his suit, and a Jedi who had to come up with his own style as he didn't get to train with Obi Wan or Yoda as long as he would have needed to. So it makes sense for the style to be more choppy, which I liked. Then Luke probably taught Kylo at least the basics of that style so it is being passed down, and we saw Kylo using his own style which was cool vs a Rey who had no choice but to wing it. I like this for the ST, the Rey vs Kylo duel was among one of my personal favorites.

8. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Same. Snow Fight is my absolute favorite because the setting gave such a fairytale/Tolkien fantasy vibe. Snowy forest, snow flakes slowly falling and melting on character's faces and in their hair, wet faces lit by the light of 2 lightsabers while colors reflect and merge (you get the feel that the Force, the Light and the Dark, was flowing through them), "operatic" chasm opening, fight choreography that was like a dance in the forest but not overly choreographed dance. Just so freakin beautiful and totally different from other SW fights. I hope they keep the "elemental" fights, as I call them, in ST. Nature driven - earth, water, etc.

Look how beautiful this shot is:

[​IMG]

"Luminous beings are we" - Yoda, ESB

9. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    The cast seem very close and having lots of fun off set. Happy to see it too.

Here's another picture from last night courtesy of Manuel Garcia-Rulfo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ4DEctDgGu/?taken-by=manu_rulfo&hl=en

I have no idea when they go to Malta. Reports only said soon when they wrapped in London last week.

Dark Horse likes this.
  10. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    They are such great friends (Daisy+Josh)! ^:)^

Jazz9276 likes this.
  11. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

She has to be in on the whole ambush, "What happens in The Last Jedi" schtick, right?

12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    She totally is. In fact, I have a sneaky suspicion it may all be her idea. [face_dancing]

13. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    That shot is ridiclous [face_laugh]

Also I don't why or even know why I feel like this, should we be worried about MOTOE and TLJ reshoot schedule clashing. I know I'm a worry wart and the reshoots will probably mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. [face_dunno]

14. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    I think it was Josh's idea and Daisy was more than happy to roll with it. I can totally see Josh approaching the likes of Judi Dench, Chris Pratt, JJ, and other MOTOE cast members to take part in the fun.

Maybe we'll get another video or two when they do the press junket.

Dark Horse I wouldn't worry about schedules clashing. MOTOE has to be near the finish line. I'm not even sure what they're filming in Malta. Flashback scenes is the only thing that comes to mind.

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Agreed. Absolutely love the elemental look of the whole sequence. Red, blue, black, white.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and oncafar like this.
  16. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    The whole fight was beautiful shot, especially in the snow. That shot when Rey was in tears over Finn and the Falcons' bright light appeared, it was mesmerizing in the cinema, the light was almost blinding. Truly gorgeous film telling, heart breaking too.

Jazz9276, Gigoran Monk and oncafar like this.
  17. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Indeed. The Falcon lights is another great example where they make Rey look like she's lit from within, a source of light herself.

[​IMG]

Jazz9276 and oncafar like this.
  18. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    http://www.tracking-board.com/brie-...ottest-spec-in-town-gears-up-for-the-weekend/

#BrieLarson, #DaisyRidley, #AliciaVikander circling hot new spec "Marian," a reinvention of the "Robin Hood" legend

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Very interesting. Does anyone else know what the other 7 Boxerbaum scripts are?

20. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    Search his name on the tracking board site and some of those projects come up. Unfortunately some of those articles are no longer available. I'd google some of them but I'm watching the Spurs-Clippers game. Sorry.

In the Ruthless ( female John Wick type) article it says most of the projects are female driven.

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You do know that Boxerbaum is just the Agent don't you?

22. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Agreed.
    Mine personal favorite is the Luke vs Vader duel in ROTJ, it will be very very hard to top that one. That scene is done so incredibly well, the pacing, intensity and acting is just perfect. There's also so much emotional depth to that scene that I feel it every time I watch it.

23. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    Wonder how long it takes until we get a video involving peach schnapps?

Mark responding to a compliment by Josh Gad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/835422955148611584

24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Jazz9276 A woman that likes Star Wars and watching a Spurs-Clippers game on a Friday night? You're making me blush.

CrazyOldJedi. I know. Just trying to find what the other scripts are.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  25. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003

'Member the days when we were dissecting this shot from the trailer(s)? Who's Rey crying over? Is it Han? Is it Chewbacca? Those were the days...

P.s. great shot and lighting. Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.