main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    The jacket is adorable.

Oscar mentioning Daisy.

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/o...-hamlet-at-public-theater-and-more-1.13511613

2. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    See, this is why cast members talking about other cast members doesn't necessarily mean they have scenes together. Like, Poe and Hux in the same scene is very unlikely, but Oscar and Domnhall are friends in real life and worked together before (Ex Machina). So, it can go either way but likely they didn't work together/have scenes together in TLJ. Cast members do meet on the set but, again, don't necessarily have scenes together.

Dark Horse so is the jacket what she wears in the movie (presumably at the end) or they call it Rey jacket but isn't her costume? I'm just looking for any piece of spoiler, including Target spoiler, that helps me put the story in order. :)

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Does that help. Its definitely sold as Rey's Jacket

https://www.disneystore.com/fleece-...for-girls/mp/1413174/1000219/#longDescription

4. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I see, it's just inspired by TFA. Not a Target spoiler, then. But thanks anyway. Definitely type of news worth keeping an eye on cause you never know. Sooner or later, they will release costumes or costumed toys.

5. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017

Thanks, I was confused by that, too. I was like 'That jacket is adorable, but if it belonged to Rey, the sleeves would've been cut off already.'

6. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015

I have no idea who that is, what did she do?

7. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    She tweeted this immediately after Carrie's death:

"Bloody hell. Please don't tell me I have to spend my time on radio tomorrow talking about floral tributes and tea candles to #CarrieFisher"

And she was slammed for it.

8. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    good she should be, but is she an actress or ?

9. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Jedi Jessy and Seeher like this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It lines up with what Lawrence Kasdan said - Rian Johnson will make Episode VIII weird and it's not going to be like anything we've ever seen in Star Wars.

Oscar Isaac said the same thing. "I would agree with [Kasdan]. Rian is definitely going to places and investigating things that haven’t really been done in the ‘Star Wars’ universe. For me, it’s so fun getting to explore different things that I wouldn’t have expected in this universe. In some ways it feels like we’re making an independent film. Certain things we get to play with – this kind of intimacy that we get to find – it’s special. It’s been really fun.”

11. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    yeha, rumors were swirling that it was going to be different and look not like SW. So it's confirmed.

Also, anyone thinks that her hair is down here, like on the toy box? That dark thing around her neck could only be her wet hair. She doesn't have a vest or collar or anything else that would create darkness.

[​IMG]

I mean, the shirt under the vest has a bit of a collar as you can see here, but not enough to create darkening on her neck and shoulder:

[​IMG]

Sorry that I'm going about this again but I really want to figure out the evolution of her look in TLJ.

12. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    ^I think it's her hair down. I'm guessing Rey removing the vest and having her hair half down is going to be a visual cue to help mark that time has passed. She's less put together and her look gets more worn down the more her training has gone on.

(Of course I've wondered if Rey might not actually remove the vest for any scene, and any time Daisy was seen without it was just for rehearsal/choreography practice)

Still very curious to find out how/why/when Rey gets the new Jedi robes-ish outfit.

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree, my first thought as well was that it was her hair down in that photo.

14. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    My guess would be after her reunion with the resistance.

15. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I don't think she'll get new clothes so late in the movie. New one seems to be a mix of her previous clothes, which she could have with her rather than have a Resistance tailor make it for her, so my guess is after the fight. Cause she'll be soaking wet.

Also, I agree that there's going to be some time lapse and that TLJ won't cover just 2 days like TFA, but longer period. Just going by what the Resistance is doing in the meantime, let alone that training scenes are usually a symbol of passage of time, there have to be at least weeks.

Thanks everyone who answered my question. yep, I agree it's down. :)

16. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    As someone with long hair, I do not believe her hair is down in this photo. The darkness around her neck can be a crease and shadow from her neck or a loose tendril. If her hair was down, you'd see it behind her ears or somewhere behind her - not completely hidden. She still has the lower half up. And she has "wet" hair but her clothes (her new ones) are completely dry? I think her hair comes down and her clothes change when she falls in the water or to show a passage of time. Meaning her outfit will be different as well.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  17. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Good thing Rey is very used to the minimalist lifestyle already...

*Imagines Rey kneeling down on a rock, just staring at the water in delight and amazement. Wouldn't that be adorable?*

There must be a time lapse. That shot in the teaser of Rey training eith a lightsaber strongly suggested "time lapse training montage."

Ridley Solo likes this.
  18. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Ha! Training Montage has become quite a popular question for Rian.

"When you feel life out of focus, always return to basic of life - breathing. No breath, no life...Breath in, breath out."

Yeah, Rian's going Karate Kid with this one which is interesting cause Karate Kid was Star Wars: Highschool Edition. ;)

19. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I can picture Raphael from Ninja Turtles 2 adding "mouth off."

*the TMNT 2 from the 90's*

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    With Episode IX release now set, we can figure out its production timeline.

But how does that affect Daisy and her upcoming projects like Chaos Walking?

21. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    They all take the backseat to IX or they work around those schedules much like Adam was doing Girls and TFA/TLJ.

cerealbox likes this.
  22. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Does Chaos Walking even have a shoot date? Haven't heard anything about it.

cerealbox likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

I'm wondering when Daisy will see Ep9 if she looks at this photo and say - Wow looked young while shooting TFA.

Dark Horse likes this.
  24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I'm sure like most women her age, she raised her cell phone up, puckered her lips, and took selfies all the time while on set

That was a joke.

25. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    No Chaos Walking shoot date confirmed also its going through a rewrite. Ophelia shoots next month.
    Actually when you see Daisy without make up she still looks today extremely young but she does hold her self much more maturely these days.

Jazz9276 and cerealbox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.