main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    If it makes you feel any better.....He also had someone draw Boyega in a Macaulay Calkin type pose about not being able to pronounce bio-hexacrypt.

2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Well[​IMG]

3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    You mean this one?
    [​IMG]

ColdLazarou likes this.
  4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    No

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I saw that line as a Rey who isn't used to any kind of - coddling, kindness, friendliness - whatever you want to call it. She's really only had herself to depend on and she doesn't know what it's like to have someone literally give her a hand, without expecting something in return.

6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Same here. She was like "What are you doing? Stop that!"

redxavier, CairnsTony and Eugene3 like this.
  7. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Dark Horse Cheer up. MOTOE is out in 2 months. Actually, a week earlier for you guys. Lots of other Daisy projects to be excited about.

Eugene3 and Dark Horse like this.
  8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Take it with a grain of salt but this Disney Store TLJ merch, besides being cool, seems to suggest that glowing Fox thingy from the BTS reel is potentially from the Crait sequence.
    [​IMG]

Also interesting to note that MSW said Foxtrot in the leaked toy listing referred to Rey. This image is tying Rey pretty closely to a space fox, and foxtrot is her code name. Could be a coincidence, of course. But it could mean there is some destiny or connection between Rey and this fox. Is it too far-fetched to consider it might be a manifestation of the force, speaking (metaphorically) to Rey through some half-forgotten creature from her pre-Jakku life?

9. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Wow it took me WAY too long to notice that fox outline! *Runs to look up foxes/fox symbology in myth*

10. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    It's an exciting change of pace that 3+ months from release there's still so much about this movie that we don't know, especially from the third act. This glowing fox guy completely flew under my radar. But thank goodness for the Disney Store.

11. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    From the first moment I saw the crystal wolf I thought I was going to belong to the force plot, the wolf don't fit on Canto Bight for me, looks like something mystic.

12. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Wait...Rey - Fox...how about Kylo?

13. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    well, we can call him crystal fox now:D

minie likes this.
  14. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom.

Star Wars has always had some roots in Japanese myth. Rian could be returning to that well. And Dave Filoni has already added his share of force-sensitive or force aware creatures in Rebels, so it's not without precedent in the new canon.

15. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Wonder if this will add fuel to the "Ahsoka = wolf" idea...

16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    The Fox is a symbol of loneliness and isolation trapped in a period of reflection.

I know this because - well life is funny sometimes. What a strange sad little world we live in. It's kind of ironic.

Eugene3 and oncafar like this.
  17. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    The fox is.... Rey's patronus? Lol

I don't think the AT-ATs on that shirt mean the fox must be a Crait thing, too. After all Rey there is wearing her resistance outfit and still has the old hairdo so I think the shirt is mixing together a lot of important things in Rey's plot, not solely Crait things.

The idea that the fox appears as a manifestation of the Force to guide her would be cool.

18. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Nice catch with the fox.

But now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I like it. Though I hope the final design of the fox is slightly alienified.

Thanks for sharing. That was very clearly done with a light heart, and he even apologized to "Dais" in a loving way. I'm sure she got a kick out of it too. The idea that anyone in the fandom would be offended/ outraged by this is phenomenally ridiculous to the point of madness.

20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There's a fox village in the North of Honshu which goes to show how much these animals are venerated in much of Japan. It's a complex relationship however as they are also traditionally believed to be able to disguise themselves as humans and trick others. They are also strongly associated with the spirit world.

If I had to take a casual guess, I'd say that the SW fox may act as a sort of spirit guide to Rey in a crypto-rip off of the silver doe in Harry Potter. :D

It also makes me think of the talking wolf in Carlos Castaneda's trippy books.

I follow Chris Broad's channel on YT avidly as he has precisely the sort of dry, sarcastic British humour I love! Plus he has some brilliant videos on Japan (shamless plug). :)

Eugene3 likes this.
  21. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998
    Confirmed: Rey dies and turns into a fox because Rian Johnson hates Daisy Ridley.

Xael likes this.
  22. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    Gigoran Monk it looks very alien to me, or do you mean the fox on the shirt outline?
    [​IMG]
    I just noticed the red in his eyes[face_thinking]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Always assumed that a creature having crystals instead of fur might be resident on a planet that has crystals all over it.

24. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Episode IX: Portions for Foxes.

25. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Are you saying that mucky scene where she's played by Stella Cox isn't canon?

Stop this erasure of my headcanon! Police! I'm being oppressed!

;)

(Oops: DP sorry!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.