1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I saw that line as a Rey who isn't used to any kind of - coddling, kindness, friendliness - whatever you want to call it. She's really only had herself to depend on and she doesn't know what it's like to have someone literally give her a hand, without expecting something in return.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master

star 4
    Same here. She was like "What are you doing? Stop that!"
    redxavier, CairnsTony and Eugene3 like this.
  3. Jazz9276 Jedi Knight

star 3
    @Dark Horse Cheer up. MOTOE is out in 2 months. Actually, a week earlier for you guys. Lots of other Daisy projects to be excited about.
    Eugene3 and Dark Horse like this.
  4. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Take it with a grain of salt but this Disney Store TLJ merch, besides being cool, seems to suggest that glowing Fox thingy from the BTS reel is potentially from the Crait sequence.
    [IMG]

Also interesting to note that MSW said Foxtrot in the leaked toy listing referred to Rey. This image is tying Rey pretty closely to a space fox, and foxtrot is her code name. Could be a coincidence, of course. But it could mean there is some destiny or connection between Rey and this fox. Is it too far-fetched to consider it might be a manifestation of the force, speaking (metaphorically) to Rey through some half-forgotten creature from her pre-Jakku life?
    Last edited by ThreeDeathstickProblem, Sep 10, 2017
  5. JoJoPenelli Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow it took me WAY too long to notice that fox outline! *Runs to look up foxes/fox symbology in myth*

6. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    It's an exciting change of pace that 3+ months from release there's still so much about this movie that we don't know, especially from the third act. This glowing fox guy completely flew under my radar. But thank goodness for the Disney Store.
    DaddlerTheDalek and Artoo-Dion like this.
  7. Eugene3 Jedi Knight

star 4
    From the first moment I saw the crystal wolf I thought I was going to belong to the force plot, the wolf don't fit on Canto Bight for me, looks like something mystic.
  8. JoJoPenelli Force Ghost

star 5
    Wait...Rey - Fox...how about Kylo?
  9. Eugene3 Jedi Knight

star 4
    well, we can call him crystal fox now:D
    Last edited by Eugene3, Sep 10, 2017
    minie likes this.
  10. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by ThreeDeathstickProblem, Sep 10, 2017
  11. JoJoPenelli Force Ghost

star 5
    Wonder if this will add fuel to the "Ahsoka = wolf" idea...
  12. Dark Horse Jedi Master

star 4
    The Fox is a symbol of loneliness and isolation trapped in a period of reflection.

I know this because - well life is funny sometimes. What a strange sad little world we live in. It's kind of ironic.
    Eugene3 and oncafar like this.
  13. IrisBest Jedi Master

star 3
    The fox is.... Rey's patronus? Lol

I don't think the AT-ATs on that shirt mean the fox must be a Crait thing, too. After all Rey there is wearing her resistance outfit and still has the old hairdo so I think the shirt is mixing together a lot of important things in Rey's plot, not solely Crait things.

The idea that the fox appears as a manifestation of the Force to guide her would be cool.
  14. Jazz9276 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice catch with the fox.

But now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.
    Last edited by Jazz9276, Sep 10, 2017
    Gigoran Monk likes this.
  15. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like it. Though I hope the final design of the fox is slightly alienified.

Thanks for sharing. That was very clearly done with a light heart, and he even apologized to "Dais" in a loving way. I'm sure she got a kick out of it too. The idea that anyone in the fandom would be offended/ outraged by this is phenomenally ridiculous to the point of madness.
    Last edited by Gigoran Monk, Sep 10, 2017
  16. CairnsTony Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There's a fox village in the North of Honshu which goes to show how much these animals are venerated in much of Japan. It's a complex relationship however as they are also traditionally believed to be able to disguise themselves as humans and trick others. They are also strongly associated with the spirit world.

If I had to take a casual guess, I'd say that the SW fox may act as a sort of spirit guide to Rey in a crypto-rip off of the silver doe in Harry Potter. :D

It also makes me think of the talking wolf in Carlos Castaneda's trippy books.

I follow Chris Broad's channel on YT avidly as he has precisely the sort of dry, sarcastic British humour I love! Plus he has some brilliant videos on Japan (shamless plug). :)

Eugene3 likes this.
  17. Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Confirmed: Rey dies and turns into a fox because Rian Johnson hates Daisy Ridley.
    Xael likes this.
  18. Eugene3 Jedi Knight

star 4
    @Gigoran Monk it looks very alien to me, or do you mean the fox on the shirt outline?
    [IMG]
    I just noticed the red in his eyes[face_thinking]
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Always assumed that a creature having crystals instead of fur might be resident on a planet that has crystals all over it.
  20. ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Episode IX: Portions for Foxes.
  21. ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Are you saying that mucky scene where she's played by Stella Cox isn't canon?

Stop this erasure of my headcanon! Police! I'm being oppressed!

;)

(Oops: DP sorry!)
    Last edited by ColdLazarou, Sep 11, 2017
  22. CEB Force Ghost

star 5
    By Rylo Kylo Riley Ren
    ColdLazarou likes this.
  23. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, that's the one. Looks like an Arctic Fox. I like it, but would prefer a bit more alienness. Something as simple as removing the canine button nose could do the trick.
  24. minie Jedi Padawan

star 1
    too sad Daisy wasn't attended to a fan meeting in Japan :(((((( and it's funny as we discuss rian johnson..... yesterday he talked about the importance of Rey's arc in the movie. nothing really new but what we can confirm from his word about Rey is that
    1) Rey's journey during the course of the movie is exciting
    2) it's evolved going through adolescence similar to Luke
    3) yet it's very different from Luke ( so I think anything beyond that is a spoiler?)
    4) her journey is going to be a BIG BIG part what we gonna see in the movie.

start from: 5.06

Last edited by minie, Sep 11, 2017
  25. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, but...but...he drew a moustache on a cereal box image of Rey!