main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Lovely words by Kelly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaXdotmlhUG/?taken-by=kellymarietran

2. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    But they kinda did though - Rey crying over Finn's unconscious body was in the TFA final trailer. They even had the shot of Rey and Leia's farewell in a tv spot. Like they don't show the super super spoilery things but there's a precedent for showing late third act stuff.

CairnsTony likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Wow. Kelly's birthday is like January 21st or so.

So that would have been 3 weeks before production started in mid-February 2016.

4. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    In TFA, Snoke just mentions there’s been an awakening but in the novel, he says there’s been an awakening in the Force.

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Except that we didn't know even who the person she was crying over was (I remember some people said Finn, but others said Han or even Chewie), nor the context for it or when in the movie it took place. "Rey gets captured/tortured by Snoke at the end of the movie" is a super-spoilery thing.

It'd be like putting the "No Luke, I am your father" reveal in the trailers for ESB.

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Kylo was able to freeze a blaster bolt which suggests to me that the Force works just fine there. I'd say she got left there as it was literally the last place anyone would look. Han couldn't fine the Falcon after years of searching.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Jakku is steeped in the DS and masked her Force signature to the outside world. This is supposedly why Yoda was able to hide out on Dagobah.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  7. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    I like this poster more than the theatrical ,the teaser poster and this one are much better IMO, but obviously the teatrical would have to be the one of all the characters glued.
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/gallery/30sWT

8. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    I prefer that poster too. That’s sweet.

We’re 2 weeks away from the MOTOE UK premiere. That should bring lots of pics and interviews. Followed by reviews and more interviews.

Hard to believe there’s only 3 weeks left of filming for Chaos Walking.

Still have the Elle and Glamour covers to come out.

Next we just need some talk show appearances.

Eugene3 and CairnsTony like this.
  9. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    The way Rey holds that darn saber in every poster makes it looks like she's about to give herself that arm scar. I really do like the poster, though.

10. FanFromNY

FanFromNY Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 28, 2016
    John Campea claims Daisy's performance in MOTOE is Ah-mazing.

Someone commented on a TLJ trailer reaction that it all leads to Rey. She must have demonstrated this raw ability as a child and thus hidden. He/she sees Ben as a protector of Rey, Luke being afraid of Rey's strength, and Snoke wanting to harness Rey.

11. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    who is Campea?
    anyways all those Rey speculations about showing powers when she was little and that they feared her makes me think of Eleven. Has been made the speculation about Snoke making experiments with Rey when she was smaller already?[face_mischief]
    All about children being powerful and people fearing them is all Looper, movie that I did not like, Rian is using the same argument? I thought Rian would be more original but well I guess I thought too much of him?we'll see.

Jazz9276 and Miotas like this.
  12. Miotas

Miotas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2010
    I got an Eleven vibe as well. It just seems like that is the route they are going. I am sticking to Snoke not knowing about her until TFA, but I do believe that she was left on Jaku to hide her because of her power.
    If they novelization is to be taken as canon (I don't recall it not being) Kylo knew who Rey was the "it is you" quote proves that. So I do think Rey's powers were definitely known to some extent when she was younger.

As just an add in, Luke being on both the light and dark side of those posters gives me anxiety ahaha.

13. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    Snoke does not know who is Rey in TFA, so I doubt the dialogue of the trailer refers to her, it would not make sense because Rey has been in Jakku since the age of 5. And I'm not buying the whole Rey was abandoned because her family / whoever were frightened of her powers. It's very x-men and very similar to Looper, would Rian dare to reuse it?

14. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    I never, ever got the impression that Kylo's 'It IS you' meant anything besides 'You were the awakening in the Force we all felt!' I don't think he actually knows who she is or anything about her past, just that he - and Snoke - felt her sudden burst on the scene via the force actively awakening and now that awakened force user is standing right in front of him.

15. Miotas

Miotas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2010
    I agree I do not think the dialogue from the trailer is about her. I’m pretty sure it’s about Kylo.

I also agree that I don’t think she was abonadoned because they were afraid of her (perhaps I worded my sentence wrong above) I think she was left on Jakku because whoever’s care she was in was afraid Snoke would learn of her and find her or that she would end up like Kylo since it is implied he knows her. You are right though it could be because he felt her previously with the force.

It could also be he saw her in a vision or that they truly have met before or have a common person they both knew. Time will tell.

16. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    But he already interacted with her in the interrogation scene, and knew she was powerful. If “awakening” simply means “just discovered her Force powers”...he knew that already.

So imo it’s a meaningless statement if there’s no further meaning, or if “awakening” has no deeper meaning in this context, and would be an odd reason for him to seem more positively inclined towards her (ie, offering to be her teacher).

AhsokaSolo and Miotas like this.
  17. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    the" it is you," don't was in the movie so i guess is nothing important, I interpreted it like he means the awakening he and Snoke sensed.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah he doesn't say that line in the film. Instead he just stares at her dumbfounded. And the line might have been removed for a reason. Also it makes little sense imo. He's just then figuring out that she's "the awakening." What about in the interrogation scene when she, despite seemingly just being a lowly scavenger, manages to resist his mind probe, and then turn it back on him (despite having no training at all that we could see). And he even comments on how she's starting to test her powers and that they need to find her soon later on.

So unless he's the biggest idiot in the galaxy, he should have already figured that out BEFORE the snow scene.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In the new trailer it seems to suggest that Rey finds the Jedi books in the tree cave. What role are those books going to play in Rey's story? I suppose they'll help Rey understand that the stories of the old Jedi are real. Maybe after she reads the books she'll say something like, "Han was right...it's all true."

20. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    RE: The it is you line. I think it was removed intentionally because it is either misleading and/or makes Kylo sound very dim. If they wanted to truly imply he knew her, the line would've been in the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    I thought it would be the journal of the whills, maybe it contains information about the origin of the Jedi or the Force...IDK but it seems important, it is on the teaser and in the trailer.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

23. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    In the first trailer, you see Rey running along Ahch-To's beach with the sabre ignited and obviously in a hurry. What if Luke's line in the trailer #2 "This isn't going to go the way you think" is actually spoken to Ren which means Rey is hurrying to get to Luke?

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Or she is trying to train herself because Luke refused to do so and he comments "This isn't going to go the way you think"?

25. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    when she is running she is wearing the Resistance outfit and the three buns, when Luke says that phrase in the rain Rey is wearing loose hair. Anyway where is Rey supposed to run? Ach-To is an island with a lot of cliffs but I do not remember that it has ground to run...[face_thinking]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.