main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    I am not an expert in posters but I like them all (the teaser poster, the IMAX poster and the standess of light and dark side) more than the theatrical poster.

https://twitter.com/DaisyRidreyNews/status/930515376802279425

2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you think they'll actually wear those red costumes in the movie or are they only for marketing?

3. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...nd-more-star-war-last-jedi-teasers/851353001/

Daisy Ridley on porgs, Kylo Ren and more 'Star War: The Last Jedi' teasers

Darth Smurf, CairnsTony and Eugene3 like this.
  4. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    no Rey and porgs scene? :(

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    there is going to be a significant amount of red in the film. That being said, only the Praetorian Guards will likely actually wear red.

6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley and Rian Johnson will promote Star Wars: The Last Jedi in Mexico

http://www.elproyectormx.com/2017/11/TheLastJediMexico.html

Eugene3, Jacques who and Jazz9276 like this.
  7. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Daisy confirms Rey doesn't like the Porgs, talks about Luke being annoyed with Rey's presence, confirms Snoke is "testing" Rey in the worst way possible and chooses her words carefully when she talks about Rey and Kylo: "In the confines of The Force Awakens, these are two people who represent very different sides of life, good and evil. And that's going to be explored more in this one."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...nd-more-star-war-last-jedi-teasers/851353001/

I knew Rey was amazing no Porg love from her

The Scavenger likes this.
  8. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    Rey’s not allowed to have fun remember? She’s too busy being a prop.

Eugene3 likes this.
  9. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    I think she’ll have plenty of exciting moments, but the middle sections of trilogies are often all about how NOT fun it is to be the new hero who suddenly has to deal with moral issues on a galactic scale. The second story is always about hero setbacks so they can rise triumphant as fully formed heroes in the third section.

I’m sure she’ll have some fun, but it’ll be hard fought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No, except the one where Luke and Rey have a Porg dinner

11. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    new TV spot

Revanfan1, Jazz9276 and Jacques who like this.
  12. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    I love that she’s training with the staff before picking up the lightsaber.

Jacques who I’m sure Rey will be able to crack a smile or two. Anything more than that? I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m looking forward to some of the grittier stuff and to see how they’re all tested. I just think it would be refreshing to see the journey is not all doom and gloom before triumphing. That the lighter moments don’t have to be sacrificed for setbacks and failures.

Jacques who and Eugene3 like this.
  13. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    me too, I love her fighting with the staff (maybe more than with the lightsaber), it seems that it's the scene that Daisy was practicing in the BTS video, give her a double blade!
    [​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/SWTTB

Revanfan1 and Jazz9276 like this.
  14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I may be in a minority, but I'm hoping she sticks with a more conventional single-blade design, which hopefully we'll see in IX. :)

15. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    my preference would be a double saber because it would be something different, the only double saber we have seen is that of Maul I think? and it would be distinctive of Rey, but I'm ok with a normal single saber, as long as it's not blue or green ...

CairnsTony and Jazz9276 like this.
  16. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    I go back and forth on wanting her to have a single blade or a double. Either way I just want to see her build her own and have something that is hers.

Eugene3 likes this.
  17. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    new poster
    [​IMG]

ManWithoutAStar and Jazz9276 like this.
  18. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    I like that new TV spot. The line from Finn, reminiscent of his line in the North American TFA trailer, was really nice. But what caught my attention most was that new shot of Rey with her staff; especially with the editing of Rey with staff, looking down/shot of lightsaber in her satchel/(Kylo's lightsaber)/Rey lighting up her lighsaber.

It was rather suggestive to me that maybe she at that point isn't sure that she wants to be trained. After all, her main mission is to bring Luke back to the Resistance. So, I thought, maybe we have a situation where both teacher and student are hesitant to work together.

But then, because the scene of her holding her staff looks similar to the opening shot of the teaser trailer, where her hand hits the stone ground while she breathes hard, I had another thought. Maybe the people who theorized that that opening teaser shot comes after she has just experienced an intense Force vision were right. Maybe she asks to be trained and Luke is like "You don't know what you're asking. Tell you what, go in that particular cave and have yourself a freaky Force vision, and then we'll see if you still want to do this." So she does, and it disturbs and exhausts her. She grabs her staff for both physical and emotional support. As she is recovering she notices the lightsaber sticking out of the satchel. She picks it up, kind testing to see how she reacts to holding it again, to lighting it up again. She slowly practice swings it around, and the more she swings it the more she wants to. Before she knows it she is aggressively pretend-fighting with it. Further up on the hill, Luke watches all this happen and realizes that he will indeed be training this girl.

Then fast-forward fifteen minutes in the movie and Luke, freaked out by her power, is telling her that maybe she should suppress those powers.

19. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
  20. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    Jazz9276 and Jacques who like this.
  21. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    Like, 1000x better. It looks more like normal, dirty blonde hair.

Jazz9276 and Eugene3 like this.
  22. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167525514447/daisy-ridley-scifinow/amp

(Credit to sleemo)

23. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    “Was the dive as terrifying as going face-to-face with Kylo Ren?

Facing up against Kylo was intense. Adam Driver is big and strong and it was intense. I was thinking: ‘Can I genuinely survive this fire? I don’t know how long I can last because he’s so strong.’”

Wait - fire? As in the scenes with Kylo in the trailer with flames and cinders behind him?

I mean, she could mean ‘fire’ like a test or challenge, but it’s an odd comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I thought this was about a duel in TLJ too at first but the interviewer was actually referencing their TFA duel with the question. Daisy seems to have used "fire" in a more metaphorical sense.

CairnsTony likes this.
  25. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    I suppose she uses the word fire as metaphor of intense?, and if I have not read wrong she is talking about TFA, in no way Daisy would spoil a duel with Kylo in TLJ, although we know that happens.

What surprised me is the diving talking, bungee jump?[face_hypnotized]30 feet up? the fall is confirmed then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.