main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX DALLAS FanForce LINE has Started!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes, the Dallas lineup for Attack of the Clones has begun!!!

Here's some info from DFW FanForce President Brandon regarding the line set-up today:

(So who's there at the line?) Well, me, Eric, Tim, Karin, John & his fiance', Chad was here earlier. KVIL (radio) came by and will be back tomorrow...pretty cool, dude!

(How's the weather?) Windy & kinda cloudy so it's nice!

(What's it look like so far?) We've got a Standee of a Clonetrooper from the show yesterday (Atomic Entertainment's Fan Appreciation show).

Here's the full scoop on the Dallas Line-Up:

For Immediate Press Release
    Dallas Ft. Worth Based Fan Club Starts Star Wars Line Up April 15

DALLAS - With just a little over a month to go until the release of "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (the latest installment of George Lucas' sci-fi epic,) die-hard fans are already out in full force -- a Fan Force to be exact.
    Calling themselves the Dallas/Fort Worth FanForce, these eager fans have staked their claim to the Cinemark Legacy Theater in Plano, TX. Their plan is to wait in line for the May 16th premiere of what some critics are already deeming "the best chapter in the Star Wars Saga to date." DFW FanForce, an offshoot of TheForce.net (the largest unofficial Star Wars fansite in the world) are fully prepared to endure the unpredictable Texas weather with hopes of creating a communal atmosphere that features fun, games and plenty of excitement for the upcoming film.

"To say we're excited is an understatement," said Brian Heiar, 26, event organizer for the line. "Three years ago, under our old name, Countdown Dallas, we had a huge turn out for Episode I, and we hope to carry that momentum over to Episode II. We've been working to insure that this second line will be an even greater success."

In 1999, DFW FanForce concentrated on one location for the metroplex to participate in the line-up. This year, The success of FanForce has necessitated a separate Fort Worth line, that will be congregating at the Cinemark Tinstletown in Grapevine, TX.

"Fort Worth boasts a pretty rabid collection of Star Wars fans, it only makes sense that we expand our efforts to this side of the metroplex," said Matt Wright, 25, Ft. Worth Coordinator. It should be noted that the Fort Worth line will start a couple of weeks later than their Dallas counterpart.

Both lines will conclude with the midnight screening of Episode II: Attack of the Clones on May 16, leading into Atomic Entertainment's celebrity-filled STAR WARS 25th Anniversary Sci-Fi Expo at the Plano Convention Center May 17-19.

As with the previous lineup in 1999, the DFW Fanforce will be raising money to benefit a local charity. This time they have chosen My Guardian Angel, a non profit organization which provides peer support and grief recovery groups for children (4-17 years) who have suffered a loss through divorce, death, separation and/or abandonment. MyGuardian Angel is centrally located at: 6301 Gaston Ave., Suite 150, Dallas,TX 75214. Phone numbers: (214) 887-0069 Fax: (214) 887-0067, website http://www.myguardianangel.org and e-mail mgangel@myguardianangel.org

For more information regarding DFW FanForce, please visit their website at www.dfwfanforce.net, or email them at info@dfwfanforce.net. For the Dallas lineup info, please contact Brian Heiar at 214-864-1517. For details regarding the Fort Worth lineup, please contact Matt Wright at 817-480-1459.

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I need to stop granting interviews before my first Mountain Dew of the day. I have absolutely no memory of saying that. It's the strangest thing...

;)

Anyway, congrats on being the FIRST FanForce group to start an Episode 2 Line! One month and one day, and the clones will attack!

I'd like to come out and visit the Legacy, but it would probably take me until May 16 to get through all the traffic. LOL!

3. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Hey... Stone or somebody else with a digital camera out there, get some pictures up online on the website and here on the boards ASAP!

4. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey guys.. I know we were going to go out there today.. sorry about that. Chris was up late working on my page design and we got up late today. Then we went for our walk and had a really bad experience :( We were chased by a swarm of freakin' bees for like 75-100 yards (we're talking, as Chris put it, a B-Movie cloud o' bees swarm). Scared the crap out of me - I'm a bit shaken up over it and worst part is, the parks & rec ppl were not very helpful about who to call to report it - I just hope no one else got chased or worse, stung :(

Anyway.. we're hoping to make it out to both lines here and there.. probably won't stay out for a long time at either, but we'd like to visit and hang out when we can.

Take care.. can't wait to see pics....

5. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Just got back from the lineup (working man with a lunch break :) ), and if the wind doesn't spirit everything away, we're off to a great start!

Note:
    Cinemark have asked us to park on the North side of the building, so that regular theater patrons can have quick access to the main parking lot.

Old-Jedi has been taking plenty of pics; we'll post 'em asap.

Also, Fox4 News has contacted us. Stay tuned!

6. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Brian, see if you can get Jeff Crilly from Fox4 news to do some coverage. (if he's still at that station) He was our largest supporter last go-round.

7. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
  8. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, the first day was GREAT!! Loads of fun so far. Brings back such fond memories from 3 yrs ago. And back then, we didn't know what we were doing, nor did anyone know who we were. This is only gonna get better. Of course, without Jon there 24/7, something just seems missing. :)

I will be back out there at about 6pm tomorrow night. I hope to see some of you back out there then too. I think Brandon is planning on meeting up there at that time as well.... so please someone don't leave me alone with that KFC-sunburned freak again. ;) (We should have taken some "After" shots to go with Tim's "Before" pics)

Anyway.... see ya at the line!!!

9. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Yes, I am definitely a crispy critter right now. :)

Everyone, if you can come out during the evenings, that would be great. That's when most of us are going to be out there. Even if it's just for a little while, you will enjoy yourselves.

We're going to have the sign-in sheets ready for everyone, so make sure you get with a staff member so that your time spent out in line will count towards your place in line! Remember, if you haven't signed in, we have no way of knowing if you've been there or not, so please make sure to do that when you arrive and when you leave.

10. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    *chuckles* haven't posted here in a while (*slaps self on head* stupid!) but guess what reminded me and made me think about that. saw footage on the line on the channel 5 news this morning while i was enjoying my poptart breakfast before i have to run off to school. was watching a bit of the weather this morning too and it looks as though you guys might be in for a bit of rain today (I'm kind of screwed if it's raing when school lets out today cause i walk over halfway home)...if i can get a chance i think i'll come out and visit the line sometime, but first thing i have to do is find someone who is willing to go with me and has a car...i think i know a few people though so maybe i'll make it out at least once before the 16th of may....all i have to say is darn high school! if we weren't still in school i'd be out there at the legacy all day every day until AOTC.

melanie ^_^

11. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Hey! I've been gone with computer probs for a bout a month, but i'm back, and i plan on spending time at the line for sure!!

See everyone at the line :cool:

12. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    Yup, we're all "shinning" now....like lobsters. You thought Darth Maul was red? Take a look at some of us.

Well, Mike's right the magic is back in full force. What a blast we had yesterday. I think at one point we were all suffering from severe heatstroke becuase we were delieriously laughing at some of the stupidist things. But that's what's so fun!!

Everyone, you need to at least try to join us in the evenings for a little while. It's a bit sparse now, but we will be the first in line for tickets and for the premiere. If you don't get in your hours now, there's a chance you'll be in the back of the line somewhere...way in the back. The key here is to get out early and log as many hours you can before the premiere. If you can't do that, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to go into the film with us. Those who will be logging hours - even if they're few and far between - will be towards the front of the line. Trust me, this line will be wrapped around the back of the building a few days before the premiere. You wont want to be in the back. So please understand, even if you log 5 or 50 hours you can almost guarantee yourself towards the front of the line for tickets and the premiere. I was out there for about 9 hours.

See you in line.

More news like this and we'll have a bunch of fans in line that last week

"Want to see my ch'por snippet?"

13. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    hmmm.. sorry for dragging things off topic slightly (update from my post yesterday), but my mother-in-law claimed on nbc news this morning there were reports of killer bee sightings around both counties (makes sense.. that's what we think our swarm was.. it had to have had 1000 bees or so in it). Guys.. if you're hanging around outside... be careful. I'm now completely terrified (at least for a little while) of hiking etc around the lake like I loved doing because it was so freaking scary. Just an fyi...

14. Lord_Talonius

Lord_Talonius Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2001
    Didn't even know this forum existed. What a newb. Nice pic's on the news fellas, but a couple of you need to check out the salad bar next time you go out to eat - you know, get rid of some of that excess baggage around the waistline. Maybe jog around the Cinemark a little :D. Have fun and stay dry.

Talonius in
    Carrollton, TX

15. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Excellent job guys and girls.

With some cool pictures that were taken, i got an idea for a cartoon....which I'm working on right now.

See you soon...probably in a month

16. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    My sainted mother spotted us on the midday news today on channel 8. All of this pretty much confirms her opinion that I'm a jackass.

17. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    And after 64 years you don't think that she's right?? Remember, "Mom always knows best!" ;)

18. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    dear gawd, how old is yer mother?

19. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    When an Old-Jedi you have reared for 64 years, be as forgiving you will not ;)

I've got a quick furniture move to take care of, then will be joining my esteemed colleagues at the Legacy :)

20. Sou-Tra-Kepla

Sou-Tra-Kepla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I might just drop by over the weekend...after the RPF prop party.. any you guys there all day?

21. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    STK.. I will be at the RPF party for a short while, too.. maybe I'll seeya there (not sure when I'm going, tho') :)

22. DarthRain

DarthRain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    I have never felt like a bigger GOOB in my life than when I saw the piece on Channel 5.
    I looked SO zoned out with the dry-erase board in front of me.
    Note to self...work on camera prescence. :)

23. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm just curious as to why you guys started your ticket line-up so early with two exciting STAR WARS events coming up in the next couple of weeks:

1) A week from midnight (this morning) the AOTC toys, soundtracks, books, T-shirts, etc... will be hitting the store shelves. Arent' y'all going to miss out on that?

2)Two weeks from this Friday, the STAR WARS Celebration commences. I wouldn't miss that for all the wookie cookies in the world ;)

Anyway, LOL to y'all. We here in Nashville are just playing it by ear as far as the ticket line goes. Lord only knows when Lucasfilm is going to let us know about advanced ticket sales. They haven't even had the exhibitor screenings yet, so no theater has even had the chance to book the film. The fan line-party for the premiere here in Nashville will be at least 24-36 hours. Yeah, I know, we're light weights. :) Oh well, we gotta go earn that mighty dollar, so we can buy STAR WARS merchandise. [face_laugh] Catch you guys later. Have a great time! :)

24. jwa1107

jwa1107 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    as to why there is no rush for AOTC merchandise - no TRU in DFW will be open at midnight! It's a crime! And you could take your chances of hitting a 24hour Wal-Mart or two when the clock rolls to April 23rd, but there is no guarantee the shelves will be stocked or the stockers responsive to requests.

So there is not much to miss out on a big rush there... Hitting up a Target or Wal-Mart or TRU somesuch at 8 or 9 am the next morning is your best bet.

25. Sou-Tra-Kepla

Sou-Tra-Kepla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    what hav eyou been doing all day? also..who can I expect to see this weekend...on Friday? I will pobobly be there fridy night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.