main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Dallas Line Updates

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Let's use this thread to keep a record of any of the good topics that come up at the line for discussion, laughs and so on. For example:

Yesterday we discussed some deep Star Wars vs LOTR. There was also a lot of "re-living" going on, sharing our TPM and line experiences from 3 years ago. And apparently, there was some mention of 'Jira' during the mid-day sun.......??

Tonight, we survived the STORM!! That makes one tornado down, 4 more Tuesdays to go. (you know of what I speak) After the group rallied under the awning for shelter, we spent some time recalling Jon's semi-weekly Tent sacrifice rituals. We also compared the new Jedi Knight 2 game to the first, and Galactic Battlegrounds to StarCraft. And then we were "interviewed" by some freak with a mic attached to his wallet. No recording or transmition devices present, just his wallet. THAT was wierd.

Now if we just had someone out there full-time so we didn't have to break camp every day..... *cough**JON**cough*

That's all I can recall for now. More to come as time goes on. Feel free to add your fond memories so they do not get lost in all that gray matter you call a brain. :)

2. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    OK, when I'm out at the line for the last 30 hours, i can't add updates.... c'mon guys. Those of you that go out to the line, please come back and post what you enjoyed (discussions, jokes, etc).

I'll try to recall last night here.... Let's see, Brandon was attacked by the scarabs from the Mummy movies (screaming like a girl the whole time). There were the 2 cute young ladies that tested my SW trivia knowledge and asked if they could join us (impressive, most impressive. Then we had a girl ask if we were camping out for Star Wars, to which we said yes, and she stated in all seriousness "So you guys are Trekkies?"... DOH!!

Now today/night: We had the radio crew out nice and early (6:30am), then everyone began to split, Jeff and I finally left at about 11am, went for lunch and shower, came back around 2pm and stayed there alone 'til Stone showed up at 6:30. There was a slight f-up while ordering pizza to be delivered (Domino's had no idea where the theater was).

Keep the posts coming......

3. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Seeing Brandon first thing in the morning was funny, then even funnier, was they put him on the radio about 5 minutes after he woke up! LOL!

4. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Tonight we had quite a good number of folks show up.... and lots of fun was had by all. We also raised a good handful of $$$ for the charity. A lot of this was due in part to "Cassie", a young teen that wanted to try on the Stormtrooper helmet. After putting it on, she wanted to see if she could get money from other people for us for fun, she ended up getting about $15 from various places using lines like "Do you wanna give money to the kids without parents?" or "God will punish you!" It was quite humorous and she had a good spirit.

What else? The Clone Trooper barely survived an attack by water balloons. It would seem that these troopers are no tougher than the Stormtroopers from ROTJ against the Ewoks. There was also a boy in tights who kept bothering us.

I know there was more, but i can't recall what all else now.

Hey Stone, what was the Quote of the Day that you heard???

5. Jedi_Jarvis

Feb 7, 2001
    I made a thread for FAQ's ;)

But Cassie was the highlight of the day for sure! I hope i can get at least a pic of her posted, so everyone else can see our little Stormtrooperette!

6. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    something about "but i taste good."
    but you prolly had to be there for that one.

7. Jedi_Jarvis

Feb 7, 2001
    LMAO!!!

I just remembered the kid that made sounds like a car alarm, he was a bit odd. Anyone notice the heavy metal leather bracelet he was wearing? I thought that went out in '85! LOL

8. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't recall him... where was I?? Prolly at dinner.

And what's wrong with Heavy Metal? It's a great movie with an awesom soundtrack!!

9. Jedi_Jarvis

Feb 7, 2001
    You were at dinner, and it wasnt from the movie, it was the style Ozzy, and Iron Maiden made popular. That type of HM. ;)

10. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    We've had a nice turn out at the line, for the second shift, on Tue. and Wednesday, nine and eleven folks respectively. Tuesday was show off your toy day. Lightsabers galore, check out the line photos and you'll understand. Brian repeatedly tried to make Dooku flip and land upright, he tried over a hundred or so tries to get it. In the end the Force was with Biran and Dooku cooperated, but Dooku decided he would rather disco instead.(see photo)

On Wednesday we continued with the lightsaber bit, and had an all around good time, until Jira changed her direction and came at us from the north and it became somewhat chilly. Apparently due to our lack of respect she unleashed some gusty winds upon us. Sometime later the Old-Jedi cursed Jira for her unabated attack upon our pitiful little band, at which point she stopped her steady wind, and instead released a full force gail attack. Old-Jedi immediately appologized and Brandon pleaded with her to spare us, at which point she eased up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.