main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Damage counters

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by JediBrain, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBrain

JediBrain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2004
    What's everyone using for damage counters? I've got some of the cardboard ones that came in tha AOTC starter box, and I have some dice I use for things with larger health.

Is there anything else that works well? Eventually I'm going to lose those little cardboard bits....

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Sho-sa_Kurita

Sho-sa_Kurita Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2004
    Dice are the way to go in my view.

3. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    You can go to Wal Mart or a crafts store to buy colored beads (preferably with a flat edge). They're relatively inexpensive, especially compared to what a gaming store will charge you for the same thing.

There are pros and cons to the type of damage/build counters you use. As you said, the little cardboard ones will disappear. The bead counters will really start piling up, especially when a Trade Federation Control Core starts taking damage. I'll switch over to a multi-sided die if it comes to that.

I don't like using six-sided dice for build/damage because they can easily be confused with a dice roll, and because jostling can flip a die quickly. However, a die keeps things neat-n-tidy.

4. JediBrain

JediBrain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2004
    I have a bunch of those craft beads from when I used to play Magic. I never really liked them then, and I still find them hard to play with now. I think I'll just buy a bunch of small six-siders and go with them. You're right, they are very tidy.

Brian

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    just be sure the dice are different colors from the roll dice :p

for larger targets I like to use a 20 sided die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.