Amph DAMN THE GODS: Clash of the Titans & Wrath of the Titans

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by black_saber, Jun 7, 2009.

1. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    If the Star wars prequels come out on Extended edtion and they resert the Deleted scenes into the movies, then movies will have much better powerboost for the films. meaning it will be much better.
  2. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    With the so-so reviews about the so-so effects and the so-so 3D and the little-used Liam Neeson, I think I'll wait for DVD on this one. All my friends (who are my age, 30s and 40s) are boycotting the film on principle. I think that's silly -- entertain me! is all I ask, and I don't mind re-makes -- but there just doesn't seem to be any point seeing it theatrically.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
  3. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    There doesn't seem to be any overwhelming enthusiasm for it.

I'm really dreading the remake of "True Grit" and I *like* the Coens.
  4. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    This movie is half crap and half good so wait for it on DVD. But I have a theroy that when this movie hits Extended edtion on DVD like lord the rings did it will have much more improvement.

I remember when I saw The Two Towers in a oringanl Release I did not like it much but when it hit Extended editons Much Better film. Like I said on my early post, Movies that are Fantesy, Sci,fi, and Historical Are much better Extended when they have more details. And if you dont have an Extended Editons stuff for the films make sure you put more details in the only final cut in the film.

Edit: My movie review is 5 out of 10. Above all its crap.
  5. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I thought this movie was an entirely subpar effort. The 1981 version was far superior in every way...and I mean every way.
  6. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5

Im looking forward to this one. Wayne was the only thing I enjoyed about the original and I love the Coen's.

As far as Clash Of the Titans goes, it was so bad I loved it and i realized at about the halfway point that thats exactly what the director and actors were aiming for.
  7. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I got one word for this movie falling of the building that is 200 feet. Instead of saying "aaaaaaaaah," You could yell out "craaaaaaaap."

"Worst movie ever" a lot like what the comic book guy from The Simpson's would say.
  8. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  9. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
  10. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    The article states that the writer was not pleased with what the filmmakers did to his script for the re-make, and that his sequel script will be more in line with the original Clash, which most critics and audiences seem to feel was a better movie than the re-make. Also, the sequel will be filmed in 3D as opposed to it being an afterthought, which will increase the integrity of the sequel project IMO.
  11. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! in vader tone
  12. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5
    According to box office mojo it's made $488,249,897 world-wide. That kind of success just fuels the studio suits confidence that just anything with high name recognition with a few names in it and lots of CGI can make them a mint. [face_not_talking]

It's depressing.
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Worthington talks Titans and Avatar sequels

Out doing press for the upcoming release of the thriller "The Debt", Aussie hunk Sam Worthington took some time out to discuss two tentpole sequels he's involved with - "Wrath of the Titans" and "Avatar 2".

With the former, which has been shooting in the UK for the past few months, he was more involved in the development process right from the start - "You do it all of the way through. You sit down with the studio, you sit down with the character, you sit down with everybody and have a whole different look at how we're going to handle" he tells Coming Soon.

When asked about making a weighty indie film vs. a blockbuster like "Titans", he responds "You make "Clash 2" weighty. "Clash 1" is a video game. You make "Clash 2" weighty. You take everything you've learned, and go, I'm not doing this ****ing ****! I'm going to do a weighty script in a blockbuster. That's the bigness of a blockbuster. They're very hard because they're done by such a machine, so you try to get that weight that an independent can allow you, that freedom that they have on an independent script, and then you try to fit it into a blockbuster where there's a whole set of people who have a say. With something like "Clash 2," that's definitely what we've aimed for."
  14. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Can't help but notice that there are no actual Titans in the movie.
  15. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Trailer is up

The trailer's not bad- the use of Manson's Sweet Dreams is an interesting choice, though not as effective as "If I Was Your Vampire" in the trailer for Max Payne or the epic metal used in the first film's trailer that worked so well.

The action sequences look much better this time around, though I think the second half of the trailer loses the story focus- I really wasn't sure what was going on or what kind of mini-story the trailer was trying to tell. It also lacks any kicker on the legendary scale of "Release the Krakken!!" so it's missing that final punch.

Still, it looks like it'll be better than the first film (which wouldn't be too hard, really). Though it's hard not to see what story is revealed here and not compare it to the plot of the rather good Immortals that came out recently, what with the whole "Titans released against the Gods by the actions of men" angle.
  16. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    WOW. That looked awesome. :D
  17. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    To be random, does anyone else have a mental image of Prometheus looking like Episode 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi?
  18. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Not that interested, the first one wasn't great. I hope if this is in 3D it will do a better conversion job than the first which was one of the worst 3D movies I've seen.
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    When I saw Ghost Rider last weekend, they played a new trailer for Wrath in 3D (which shocked me, as my theater has habitually not changed up it's trailer lineup in front of 3D movies- we'll be seeing the teaser trailer for Amazing Spider-Man up to the day that movie comes out, regardless if there's a new trailer or not, same as they did for Transformers 2).

The trailer isn't that different- it trims a few scenes (like the back-to-back Titan warriors) to insert new shots showing off the 3D.

And, going by that trailer, the 3D looks to be pretty great, actually. I think that was the whole point of that trailer: "The 3D won't suck this time."
  20. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    It's fake 3D, so I won't be seeing it in 3D. You want me to pay a premium for 3D, you have to at least make the effort and shoot the thing in 3D. I'm not paying extra for a post-conversion of 2D footage.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Or they need to put in the time & money Lucas did for his Star Wars re-release. TPM actually looks like they filmed it in 3D (mostly), it certainly doesn't have the darkness and blur issues the majority of converted movies like Clash of the Titans have.
  22. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    I enjoyed the trailer for Wrath when it played in 3D in front of TPM.

It feels something like a semi-legitimate sequel to the 1981 Clash. Perseus has longish hair again! :eek: The art design feels more authentic, not as absurd-fantastical as the 2010. The project certainly looks a sight better than that execrable re-make, which I finally saw and shredded to pieces in a withering review posted elsewhere.

Sometimes it takes a franchise two films to get things right, QV The Incredible Hulk and Blade II. Maybe that's happening here.
  23. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    New Trailer

This is not the 3D variant that played with Ghost Rider (and probably TPM) but a new trailer.