main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dance, Dance Gamorrean - Fic-gift for MsLanna - Clones, Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by C1-J2, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Title: Dance, Dance Gamorrean
    Genre: Humor [face_worried]
    Characters: OC, Anakin
    Summary: A clone commander has to attend a battle's after-party, where he finds he has to face his one failure.
    Author's Notes: This is a fic-gift for MsLanna in the Holiday Fic-gift Exchange. Her request was:
    1) Clones
    2) Dancing
    3) Humor

I've never written about the clones before and I almost never write humor, so when I recieved this one I had no idea what to write. Hopefully, this will be at least somewhat amusing though, despite one kind of sad scene. Anyways, I hope you like this one, MsLanna! [:D] Happy New Year!

~*~*~*~

Dance, Dance Gamorrean

A cacophony of sounds drifted through the grates blocking off access to the ventilation shafts, as they walked through the halls. The battle had been won and the time for celebration had arisen.

Commander Taklen reached the door where the commotion had begun. Turning to his companion, he raised an eyebrow, ?Do we dare enter??

Anakin Skywalker smirked. ?You can fight in a war, Commander, yet you fear your company?s own after party??

?You have no idea what my men are like at a party do you, General??

?No, and I don?t think I?m going to find out.? Anakin turned and began to leave.

Taklen reached out and grabbed the Jedi?s forearm. His wiry fingers gripped it tightly, as if desperate. ?Wait!? his deep voice rumbled with only a hint of a squeak.

Anakin rotated to face him, his eyes nearly dancing in amusement. ?That scared??

The ever valiant Commander dropped his head to study his boots. After several long moments of silence he locked his dark eyes with Skywalker?s gaze and cleared his throat. ?Of course not. I just thought our General deserved a drink for his skills on the battlefield today.? He flashed his best smile.

?Oh, yes, I?m sure that was the reason,? Anakin said, rolling his eyes. ?But really, Commander, I have to be going. One of the senators wishes to speak with me . . . about our victory.?

?Just one drink, sir!? Though his voice was as strong as usual, he may as well have been begging, because that was exactly how it came across to the Jedi.

Anakin sighed. ?Fine, I?ll come in for one drink if it?ll stop you from bursting into tears, Commander. But don?t start groveling when I decide to leave.?

?I don?t grovel, General,? Taklen gritted out. ?Well, at least not in front of my troops.?

?I?m sure, Commander. Let?s get this over with.?

?If you say so sir.?

The two still stood before the door where the party was taking place. Taklen cringed as the sound of something breaking was heard, muffled by the thick durasteel. Silently he prayed that it was not one of his trooper?s skulls. With one last sorrow-filled look at the General, Taklen activated the door?s switch. He snapped his eyes shut as the door began to open.

The once muffled commotion, erupted into a flurry of noise, pounding at his ears. As the troopers saw who had entered, Taklen presumed, they fell silent. Soon, from what sounded like one deep, baritone voice speaking repeatedly, came cries of, ?General Skywalker! Commander! Come have a drink! No, sir, come over here!?

The calls of his troop continued, and Taklen peeked one eye open, grimacing at the sight before him. It was worse than he feared. A few tables were over turned, and a couple of troopers were on the ground, either from the over-consumption of alcohol or from some sort of brawl. He was not sure which, and he was certain that he did not want an answer. But none of these things concerned him as much as what was covering the back wall. A series of holoprojectors were lined up against the wall playing Dance, Dance Gamorrean.

As harmless as it sounds, the game had actually been nearly the bane of his existence since he was but a wee clone, toddling through the Kaminoan storms. When the clones were not marching, they found the escape of dancing to be quite gr

2. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Their feet tapped perfectly on beat to the music. Their arms swung gracefully in the air. Their hips swayed with the grace of Twi?lek dancer?s.

=P~

Ugh, ahem. Sorry. Fangirl moment over.[face_blush]

Super funny, C1-J2! I love that he shot the Gammorean.[face_laugh]

Great job![face_peace]

3. Phobus

Phobus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2008
    Weird, yet amusing at the same time....

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was hysterical!

One of the senators wishes to speak with me . . . about our victory.?

Yeah, right ;)

Loved this response - great job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    :D
    Great gift, thatnk you! [:D]

?You have no idea what my men are like at a party do you, General??
    I have many ideas, not all of them compliant with the ToS.[face_mischief]
    Fully Armoured Pogo of Death! \m/

One of the senators wishes to speak with me
    Speak? o_O You sure? :p

?I don?t grovel, General,? Taklen gritted out. ?Well, at least not in front of my troops.?
    And I am sure your troops know. [face_mischief]

Aw, poor tiny Takky. *pats his head*
    Can I adopt him? [face_batting]

?He makes the Gamorrean look good!?
    [face_laugh]
    Now that's plain nasty.
    [face_laugh]

?That game. You?ve been staring at it since we got in here.?

?I have not!?

?Yeah, and I believe that about as much as I believe you?ve never shot a blaster before.?

?I do that everyday, sir.?

?Exactly my point, Commander. Why don?t you go play it??

[face_laugh]

?Because a commander should not be seen dancing like a bantha in front of his troops. It?s not right.?
    [:D]

The Commander watched a few of his men dancing at the various holoprojectors. They all could play Super Sith mode with their eyes closed ? and still look good doing it. Their feet tapped perfectly on beat to the music. Their arms swung gracefully in the air. Their hips swayed with the grace of Twi?lek dancer?s. It was nauseating to him.
    =P~
    I want a party like that.
    An image to treasure for - later. [face_whistling]

In the blink of an eye, Commander Taklen had his blaster in his hand.
    [face_laugh]
    Go, Takky!
    Nobody will miss a Gamorrean.:p

He was never asked to dance again.
    You just wait until I come along and teach you to waltz...[face_mischief]

A lovely story.
    Thanks again. [:D]

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That is a cool gift, hon.

*nudges a dear friend*

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Funny and odd and amusing... loved it! Well done, C1-J2. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.