Saga Dance of the Fates

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBane420, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthBane420 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dance of the Fates

By DarthBane420

Deathstar
    It was the night of the Death Star grand opening. For Grand Moff Tarkin it was the end of a long journey. Tarkin was a man of few pleasures. To him the greatest fulfillment in life was to please the Emperor. On the rare occasions that all his responsibilities were covered, there was nothing more he enjoyed than having a few drinks and dancing.
    Tarkin had long thought he could have made the Intergalactic Dance troop that toured everywhere from Courscant to the outer rim. The pressure would be intense but there was nothing in his life that made him feel the way he did when he was alone on the dance floor.
    The last time he really got a chance to cut the rug was at the annual Darkside Disco party that Emperor Palpatine threw every year at the beginning of Courscants winter. Tarkin had wasted all the competition early with what he considered many throw away moves, and the crowd favorite, the inverted Tango. First place was never in doubt, even though a Hutt caught a few cheers for doing the worm. ?How predictable and savage,? thought Tarkin out loud.
    What Tarkin craved for was some real competition. He needed someone to push him to take dancing to a higher level, someone who had some soul.
    ?Grand Moff. Your cape and dancing shoes are ready,? said a seemingly over eager Lieutenant.
    ?Yes I suppose,? muttered Tarkin. ?Any word that rube Lando, will he be there??
    ?No sir. Calrissian is still working on Bespin with the gas harvesting project.?
    ?I suppose this will be the end then, once a competitor has won 10 authorized dance offs they are retired into the hall of fame. I just wish tonight could be different, I wish there could be one person who had some soul, someone who knew how to move.?
    ?Grand Moff Tarkin, how can you be displeased. Emperor Palpatine himself has even complimented your inverted Tango, it simply cannot be beat, Sir.?
    Tarkin didn?t respond. He stared off into space, thinking of simpler times.

Bespin

Lando Calrissian surveys what is slowly becoming an expansive city.
    ?Bespin, maybe this will finally be home,? he thought to himself.
    ?Sir, the plans for the new spinning bar have come in, should I have the Ugnuaghts start on it?? asked Lobot, the loyal machine manservant.
    ?Sure Lobot, do what you need to do baby, right now I am surveying my new empire player,? said Lando.
    Lobot had only worked for Lando for a few months. He had been little more than a delivery boy when Lando first started the operation. Lando seemed to have an unyielding faith in Lobot and even had a nickname for him, ?Player,? which Lobot never fully understood.
    ?Is there something bothering you Lando?? asked Lobot, who never had seen Lando this somber.
    ?You damn straight there is player, that punk Tarkin will go into the Dance Hall of Fame tonight if he wins the dance off at the Death Star Grand Opening. That ain?t cool. Everyone knows that I have the finest pair of rug cutters this side of the outer rim. You think that?s right son??
    Lobot thought long and hard on his answer. He decided to do what most humans did when they didn?t know how to respond, ask another question.
    ?Why don?t you go and beat him Lando??
    ?That punk ************ would have me thrown in an imperial stockade and never let me see a sun again player. I ain?t trying to do that, I just wish there was a way to make sure he didn?t win. He sure as hell doesn?t need to be disgracing the Dance Hall of Fame by being inducted, my father Grando would be rolling over in his grave if he knew of this.?
    Lobot could see that Lando was way off his normal mood. His programming took over and he went through every feasible solution, there was only one he could think of that would work.
    ?I can beat him, sir,? said Lobot.
    ?I am sure you could Lobot, but you and me are just starting to get cool, I don?t want to lose you to a trash compactor my friend,? chuckled Lando. ?You have a good night Lobot, by the time I wake up he will have won and I will start the first day of dea
  2. Bezo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ?I can beat him, sir,? said Lobot.
    ?I am sure you could Lobot, but you and me are just starting to get cool, I don?t want to lose you to a trash compactor my friend,?

?You have done a good job Tarkin, but why a dance hall, dancing is insignificant compared to the power of the force.?
    ?Yes Lord Vader,? said Tarkin in a tone that couldn?t have been more sarcastic, ?But the power of the force is dwarfed by a killer spinaronni.?

CLASSIC!

I applaud you, Darth Bane. You have done well. :)

3. Cpt_Obvious Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, please tell me that Lobot is going to be break dancing!!!!!
  4. Kiin_Jasiin Jedi Master

star 4
  5. AgonyEngine Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So good I LOL'ed at least 5 times!
  6. Hexagram Jedi Knight

star 1
    When do we get more?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.