main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dancing in Pescopine Bay (Pre-ESB Han/Leia with some Luke) UPDATED 07/03/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LadyPadme, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

As I've mentioned before I've got major DWB on this story. This post has been hanging around in my computer files for a couple of months, but this is really the last post I've got on this story. I may beat certain...ahem...very well-loved but slow-to-post authors on this board at length of time to next update. So, don't say you weren't warned....

[b]Chapter Four[/b]

The trip to Zalopine took three days, and for the four sentients on board ship, it was a long three days.

Since Yavin, they had gone on a half-dozen missions together on the [i]Falcon[/i]. Each time, Leia had been given Han?s cabin?the biggest on the ship?to use. For most of the first day, Leia holed herself in the cabin and did not emerge. Han, Chewbacca and Luke spent their time together taking care of shipboard tasks, and then sat in the lounge chatting and playing Dejarik.

Late in the afternoon, Han went to the galley and started rummaging around for food to cook for dinner.

?What?s on the menu, Han?? Luke called from the lounge where he was gingerly playing a game of Dejarik against Chewbacca. He was extremely careful in all the moves he made when playing the Wookiee, since Chewbacca was always very testy whenever he lost.

?Grilled narpani steak,? Han called back. Although it might seem strange that Han would be able to find his way around so well in the galley, no one teased him. Han had been raised by a Wookiee cook named Dewlanna who had taught him her craft, and, since he liked to eat, Han learned well. No one else on the ship knew how to cook and early on, they learned that if they insulted the chef, they went hungry.

Soon, mouth-watering smells drifted from the galley and filtered through the ship, even drawing Leia out from the cabin at the back of the ship. She entered the lounge. ?Something smells really good,? she commented, sitting down at the Dejarik table next to Luke.

Luke tilted his head toward the galley, and Leia nodded, understanding. Her lips tightened momentarily, and then she turned back to Luke with a smile. ?Thanks for coming, Luke,? she said.

Luke felt his heart skip a beat as he saw Leia?s smile. Then he looked back toward the galley for a moment. Ever since the Battle of Yavin he had been dazzled by Leia, and felt himself half in love with her. But Luke was no fool. He could see that, despite their vociferous protests to the contrary, Leia and Han were powerfully attracted to each other. The expression on Leia?s face only confirmed it more. He sighed a little inside. The Corellian was much more of a ladies? man than Luke would ever be, and Luke could understand that Leia would be more drawn to Han?s flashier charm.

What was more surprising to Luke was his sudden realization that there was more than just attraction between Han and Leia. Luke looked away from Leia and tried to concentrate on the Dejarik board again, although he barely saw the pieces before him. [i]She?s his,[/i] Luke thought forlornly. [i]Get over her, Skywalker. She?s been taken?or was taken long ago.[/i]

[hr]

?Dinner is served!? Han announced, coming out of the kitchen with a tray of grilled narpani steaks. Immediately, Chewbacca extinguished the players on the Dejarik board, and Luke joked, ?Hey, Chewie! You sure have no trouble turning that off when I?m winning!?

The tone of Luke?s voice made Leia give him a sharp glance, but Leia was distracted by Han?s next statement:

?Well, Princess, hungry??

Leia had been starving before she saw the smirk on Han?s face. Now, all her fighting instincts rose to the surface. ?I think my appetite was better before you came in here.?

Han set the tray down on the table. ?Perhaps I could whet your appetite in other things,? Han goaded. Luke and Chewbacca rolled their eyes simultaneously.

Leia stood up, furious. ?You?re disgusting!?

?Yeah, well, you?re just a step away from going hungry, your Reverence.?

?I think I?d rather starve than eat anything you made, Captain!? Leia snapped back.

?Help yourself, your Worshipfulness,? Han waved toward the galley.

N

2. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Great posty! :D

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    This is a nice, sweet story! That is why you are probably having trouble with your muse, LadyPadme..... you aren't torturing Han enough! LOL!!!!! Just think of some way to get him in REALLY BIG TROUBLE and you will be able to finish it right up! 100% Guaranteed!

;)

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    oh sure..... first it says "error" and then it posts TWICE! Evil COMPUTER!

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    A post! How unexpected. :D

Very nice. I really like how you wrote Luke in this one. And I have no problems at all imagining Han in the kitchen. I can't cook to save my life, but my father and brother-in-law are both excellent cooks. I just stay on their good side, that's all. :p

Now we just need to take a lightsaber to DWB.... [face_devil]

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A postie! Yeah.

Luke will be glad that Leia likes Han when he finds out the truth. ;)

*RM goes searching for a muse for LP.*

:)

7. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    :D ::happy dance complete with twirl:: :D

A POST! A POST!

Awwwww, he made her dinner, anyway. He loves her. [face_love]

Thank you so much for putting up the last post you have. This is such a promising story, alas, we are not to expect more anytime soon...

I may beat certain...ahem...very well-loved but slow-to-post authors on this board at length of time to next update.

Now, I know you couldn't possibly be talking about me, LadyPadme. So, you must be talking about the other one so famous, and yet so beloved... ;)

J_Girl

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good to see one more post of this. I don't know how you can do 3 stories at once, so I understand the delay in this one. But I hope you come back to it when one or both of the others are finished -- especially since Luke is a major character in this one. :)

9. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    awwwww...he *cooked* for her...that's so sweet!!! LOL great post

10. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey this post isn't dead after all???? LP great writing! Very cute, I like that you included Luke and Chewie in this one. Keep up the good work. Hope to see more of this post. :)

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I nearly fell over in shock when I saw you'd updated, LadyPadme! *Giggles* I'm glad you posted this chapter though, because I enjoyed it very much. :)

I hope you get over your writer's block for this story... I'm looking forward to eventually reading more!

12. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    To tell the honest truth, LP, I had completely forgotten about this fic! Sorry! :p

Nice postie, though! :D

13. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Slow posting authors? HERE?!?!?! Never.

Great post. Very sweet. I like this one because you haven't gotten around to beating Han up yet.

14. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Sadly, I didn't reply the first time I read this, because I didn't have a JC account at that time. I'll make up for it now, I promise. I think I've said elsewhere that you're doing a wonderful job portraying my favourite characters, so there's no need to repeat that. ;) Instead, I'll just say that this story appears to be heading in the direction that interests me most...tension followed by mush! Keep up the good work!

15. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh, LP, you darling thing you, you're updating everything! And all is going well! Joy!

16. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I love it so far. Hope to see more soon.

17. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    LP - dear, by any chance to you have another hidden postie to this fan fic? Just asking, it's a good story. Just thought I would ask. :)

18. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    UP PLEASE!!!

19. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    ?Thanks,? Leia murmured. ?I?m sorry for causing you all this trouble.?

Han made a good show of rubbing his ears. ?Excuse me? What did you just say? I?m sorry, but I think I?m losing my hearing.?

?Shut up before I throw this at you,? Leia retorted, aiming her trident at him.

LOL! That was great! :)

Wow, I just found this! I didn't even know this existed, man, where have I been??

Anyways, this looks really fun so far, and I look forward to you continuing this. *cough* However long that might take you. :)

Ooh, slow-posting authors? *looks around eagerly* Where? I adore those little scamps!! ;)

20. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *B.B. and A.W. come running, breathlessly into the post, stopping quickly as A.W. salutes and B.B. falls into a puddle of bantha on the floor*

A.W.: A. Windsor and Baby Bantha reporting for posting duty, ma'am! *nudges B.B. with her foot and whispers* B.B., get up! It's Aunt LadyPadme!

Heh, that got him up! They're gonna kill each other! heheh !dios mio! (sorry, too much Spanish 4 in one day for A.W.)

Lovin' it. You're such an awesome writer.

I'm reading the series backwards!!! Lol!!! I'm so silly!!! :) anywaysa, more when you can. I'd be happy sooner rather than later, but I understand.

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha (who has since recovered from his puddle episode and is waving wildly to get your attention, holding a sign that says "Hi, Aunt LadyPadme! Can't wait to see you!")

21. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    OOO AN UPDATE!!
    GOOD POST LP!

DM

22. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Upping so the topic doesnt lock 8-}

UP!!! :)

23. merkuria