main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Dang it all to heck! (Official Ep. III Name Discussion)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    [edit: Now the official thread for thoughts, comments and opinions on the title for Episode III. In this thread, DO NOT POST THE TITLE! We will refer to it as just "Episode III" or "the title".]

Okay, guys, I think I've been spoiled.

I inadvertantly went to a thread in the Star Wars Community where the guy said that the OS (Official Site AKA starwars.com) has released the title of Episode III and then just gives the name of the title right there EVEN THOUGH the title of the thread said No Spoilers. I guess if the OS has it, it's no longer a spoiler in TF.N's eyes.

I'm not stupid enough to post the name a read, since I know you guys don't want to be spoiled, so this is just a heads up.

However, I would like to say that I PRAY that the title I read is not the official title for Episode III, because it would make someone who thought Attack of the Clones was bad just puke all over themselves at how uninspired and lame the title is.

2. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Update:

They locked the thread because "it belongs in one of the Episode III forums". However, they left the name in the thread.

I PMed the person who locked it asking if he would edit the title out of the thread, so that others like me won't get spoiled. This is the response I recieved:

"There really is no reason to. The title is not a spoiler and as such does not need to be edited. Trust me you will hear the title sometime in the next 300 days."

Oh, and about the puking all over yourself after you hear the title... keep in mind, this is from someone who had absolutly no problem with Attack of the Clones.

3. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    woah. is it... Boogers and Banshees?

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I didn't think the title was that bad.. it kinda makes sense when you think about it....

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    it kinda makes sense when you think about it....

It is the most unoriginal, uninspired, dull, and generally bad name for a movie I've heard in awhile. You can still make it "kinda make sence" and still be interesting and fresh.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, now that I know the name, I don't mind it. I think it goes with all the other ones.

MoronDude, what would you like to have seen for a title?

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I honestly do not consider the name of the movie to be a spoiler at all. It makes no reference to characters, plots, locations, events, or anything which would "spoil" the movie experience (well I guess unless you didn't know that broad plot event mentioned in the title was going to happen, in which case you have no reason to be spoiler free), just as much as knowing that Anakin and Obi-wan will be in it. You just now know what to call the movie instead of just episode 3. Things like the icon in the other post or the news flashes at the bottom are spoilers. They tell you things that increase your knowledge of the events occuring in the movie. I think this whole arguement about being spoiled because you know the name of the movie you are going to see is total non-sense.

PROUD TO BE COMPLETELY SPOILED ON EPISODE III.

8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You know what was a good title? The Phantom Menace. This title is mysterious and vague, yet interesting and fresh.

The title for Episode III is so direct and unoriginal. Couldn't it have been something like Star Wars Episode III: The Last Strike or Star Wars Episode III: Sith Rising. I don't know, maybe something without "of the" since we already had Attack of the Clones last movie.

I just get the feeling that no one put any effort into coming up with a good title.

9. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    The reason I like it is cause it is very reminescant (sp?) of Return of the Jedi... Or better yet the original title of that movie... so I'm ok with it...

10. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i don't know what it is. i will find out right now. hang on....ok. no, i don't think it's a bad title. sorry moron dude. it kinda fits with the rest of the names. Return of the Jedi has "of the" in it too. lets see. we've got:

The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    *blank* of the *blank*
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

sorry, it fits. the empire strikes back is actually kinda blunt too.

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I'll have to get used to it, I guess. It definatly aint gonna keep me from seeing the movie.

12. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i feel out of the loop...i don't know what the title of the 3rd one is....

13. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    So... look it up

14. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    why??? it's fun bein the only person who doesn't know what it is

15. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    i think the title should be.... Episode III: Enter Sithman and the whole soundtrack will be Metallic tunes.....

16. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I can say that I'm real glad I stayed the whole 2 hours of the SW presentation in Hall H at this past ComicCon.

When they introduced Steve Sansweet onstage, he was wearing a pretty cool Vader baseball shirt (light blue/ or grey, #"77" and had the letters "Vader" on back. Front had "Si/th" on it. At the closing, he talked about how fun it was to read fans debate and guess what the next title would be. "Let the debate begin..." and the lights dimmed once more and the EPIII title flashed. Then there was a huge almost deafening uproar of overall audience approval. When the lights came back on, Sansweet opened up the front buttons of his shirt to reveal the new EPIII logo shirt he was sporting underneath all this time and gave the expected sales pitch on getting them at the LFL counter. Practically everybody stood up to head down there.

I admit I wasn't sold at first because it just sounded silly using "of the" back to back for a SW film. But, having sat through the awesome program, EPIII's title does seem to go very well with EPVI...if only EPII's title went well with EPV's though.

EPIII's key word: It was Darth Maul afterall who made it all sound so cool yet creepy ;)

17. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    I hope its okay that I put my 2 cents in. I think the title is kida good.. it fits what needs to happen in the movie ( acording to the OT) but I also agree that something without "of the" might have been doable but yes it does state what is going to have to happen and I'm totaly cool with it.

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I mean it's okay and all, but don't you guys get the feeling that no thought was put into it? It seems like such a throw away title.

19. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    you all gotta check this out:

it contains the name of the next starwars movie so be warned..........
    it is funny though...sound like anyone we know???

http://boards.theforce.net/San_Diego,_CA/b10143/16553860/?3

20. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    LOL >< you know my dad is the same way with Spoilers btw so its nothing new to me to keep quiet about it...I wish I could tell him the title but unlike the guy in the comic ( lol) I understand why (sort of) he wishes to remain "unspoiled" but I can still wish can't I?

21. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    what the heck happend to axia?! did he really sign off til may?!

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yep, he even said he won't check his own thread about him leaving.

23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    that's retarded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.