main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Danger Among The Shadows NJO AU Goddess vs. Goddess UPDATED!!! 10/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Fine. Don't listen to me. Don't care about me. I'll up the stupid thing myself seeing as no one cares about me and my fic when I could very well be at my life changing stage and have the story that could make or break my journalistic dreams. But no, no one cares about me, no one cares that I could sitting here with my eyes watering as my entire world falls apart before my very eyes. No. No one cares about that, I suppose. No one cares I could be hurt by those actions. No one cares. No one has. I started off alone and I stay alone because that's how I was meant to be.

DOES ANYONE CARE THAT I'M FALLING ABOUT AS MY ENTIRE LIFE DECIDES TO HIT ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN???????? DOES ANYONE THINK THAT MAYBE I COULD BE HURT BY THOSE ACTIONS???????????? DOES ANYONE EVEN BELIEVE I COULD BE HURT???????? I'M STARTING TO DOUBT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

2. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I hope I didn't scare anyone away with my outburst yesterday. :( When I get emotional, I really can't control my actions. Anyway, problem mostly solved. One little thing is still left and I don't know if that will be solved. If it isn't, then fine. They will deal without me.

Edit: And my ban on no more posting chapters is lifted! For anyone who actually knew about the ban, you're lucky!

3. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I've got great news! :) I finished writing a chapter. :) Now I get to type up the next chapter (my lynching!). This one is quite long so I don't know how I'm going to post it. Guess I'll wait and see how long it is in Word.

Is there anyone here? :( Heeeeeeellllllllllooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! *hears echo*

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

4. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    *a lone box lies in the thread. someone curiously opens it and pulls out a tape player and the post. the player starts*

Hey everyone! I?m somewhere, can?t say where since I?m in fear of my life. All I can say is that I?m well safe from everyone. Move! I need some room! Anyway here?s the post and enjoy (doubt you will, but still).

*tape player explodes, destroy any possible trace of JSM*

Chapter Eighteen
    ?Another Meeting?

I?ll kill them! I?ll kill all three of them for this! thought Anakin. He sat alone in a cantina, drinking some vile liquid that burned his throat. Ladora, Rene and Caiya had given him a major makeover: he was wearing a torn green jumpsuit with chains wrapped around his wrists, ankles and neck. Wookiee braids hung off his shoulders (donated by Chewie who collected his loose fur) and his skin was darker than normal (Anakin did not ask what Rene had done). His spiked hair was a mix of green and purple, his eyes were mismatched red and green and he had two high-powered blasters low on his hips. He looked nothing like Anakin Solo.

I?ll kill them! I swear I will! In reality, Anakin knew he would do no such thing, but the bitter thoughts kept a sour look on his face and he needed that look as he stared down the cantina patrons.

The rest of his friends were scattered in pairs of two over the building. Ladora and Ken sat in a position that caused Anakin to long for Tahiri. A blond and pink haired Talon and Rene were having a contest at the bar while Caiya gave a threatening look to anyone who went within two meters of her and a now red haired Lenny.

Anakin took another sip of his drink. There had been no sign of anything related to the Vong as the rumors had suggested. Looks like there?s nothing here, he sent to Ladora.

No, it doesn?t. Get ready to leave.

Anakin drained his drink and slammed his glass on the table. Then he nearly choked, not from the burning in his throat, but from whom he saw in the doorway.

Luke stepped into the cantina, followed by Mara, Leia, Han, Jaina, Zekk and?Tahiri!

Ladora sensed them because she sent, Get out NOW!

Anakin started to obey. His heart ached, but his head told him it would be better to leave. He had to complete his mission. Nothing, however, turned out to be easy.

?Where you going??

Anakin felt himself thrown against the wall. When his vision cleared, he found himself being held by a very ugly looking human. ?You have a problem?? rasped Anakin at his assaulter. A voice-changer caused his voice to become much lower than normal.

?Yeah! You were sitting in my booth!? raged the human. Anakin mentally shook his head. The human had been sitting not far from him for a good time and had not bothered him before now. Clearly, he was intoxicated.

Anakin glanced quickly at the door. His family, some of them anyway, looked curiously at his predicament. He looked back at the man. ?And your point is???

If it was possible, he became angrier. ?Don?t you know who I?m with? I?m with the Peace Brigade! We?re allied with the Yuuzhan Vong! We plan on ruling this galaxy!?

So now you show yourself! thought Anakin. Outwardly, he rolled his eyes. ?Yeah? So??

?Why you little?!?

Before he could finish his threat, Ladora pulled out her blaster, yelled, ?Don?t touch me!? and blasted the nearest booth. The Brigader looked toward her. As he was distracted, Anakin pulled out his own blasters and shot the man in the knees, the only place Anakin could think of where he could do the less harm. The Brigader cried out in anger and pain.

Before the man could fall to the ground, Anakin moved quick and held him against the wall. He placed one blaster on the human?s neck. ?I?m feeling good today,? he rasped, ?so you?ll live, but don?t cross my path again.? He dropped him and headed for the door. He hoped Uncle Luke would let him by, however, he was only half-right.

Uncle Luke stared at him with raised eyebrows, but did not block

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Poor Anakin :_| cries

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh my. Anakin really stabbed at his family.

7. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks, Falcon, RebelMom. Yep, Anakin really hurt them and it's only going to get worse from here. :(

Here's the second half of the chapter.

Chewie looked up. He heard something.

Lusa turned toward the hanger door. ?I thought I heard footsteps,? she commented.

The Wookiee growled in agreement. He got up from his workspace and made his way out. Lusa followed.

They had walked out of the hanger when Chewie realized who it was. He walked faster and sat down next to Anakin. The cub looked up. His face was stained with tears. Chewie put a paw on the cub?s shoulder and patted him.

?Chewie!? cried the cub and threw himself into the Wookiee?s fur.

Chewie looked at Lusa. She looked concerned and worried. Anakin?s crying seemed to grow so Chewie started whispering words of comfort to the cub.

Only one thing Chewie could think of would cause Anakin?s behavior. The cub had met his family, Chewie?s honor family. What had happened between the two Chewie could not guess so he just did his best to comfort the cub. It was all he could do.

Tahiri started crying within seconds after the kid had left. Leia rushed to her and hugged her. ?It?s all right,? she said, patting the girl?s blond hair. ?He?s wrong, we know that, that?s what matters.?

Luke pushed his sadness back, taking a deep breath and letting it out in the process. He looked behind him at Jaina and Han, who were heading for the door. ?Let it go, you two. It won?t help matters.?

The father and daughter turned around. ?Luke, I?m not letting some punk kid get away with saying stuff like that about my son!? stormed Han.

?He?s wrong!? raged Jaina, ?and I?ll show that kid why!?

Leia looked at her daughter with a grim look. ?Thinking like that will lead you to the Dark Side,? she warned.

Jaina looked taken aback. Han still looked angry and began to say something so Luke added, ?And we need to question our lead before he leaves.? Luke and Mara (Leia and Zekk stayed behind to comfort Tahiri) walked over to where the man the kid had wounded still lay. Grudgingly, Han and Jaina followed them.

Luke knelt down and used the Force to ease the man?s pain. ?Tell me where the Vong?s base is,? asked Luke.

The man looked at him with a disbelieving look, as if Luke was making a joke. ?I know who you are. You won?t get me talkin?!?

The Jedi Master frowned. Mara put a hand on Luke?s shoulder. ?Step back. I?ll handle this,? she said.

Feeling the better choice would be to stay, Luke reluctantly stepped back and joined Han.

Mara took the man by his shirt and pulled him up to his feet. ?Now. You have two choices: you can tell us where the base is the easy way or we can do this the hard way,? Mara threatened causing Luke to wince.

The human grinned stupidly. ?Then I guess I?ll?ve to suffer ?cause you?re no better than he is!?

Mara leaned over and whispered something in his ear. The human then spit out the location of the Vong base.

?What do you think she told him?? Han asked Luke.

?Don?t know, don?t want to know,? responded Luke. He walked over to talk to the bartender in order to make sure their suspect got medical attention and then made his way back to the front doors

Leia looked up from comforting a still crying Tahiri. ?I assume we go back to the hanger and inform the others.?

?Got we came for,? commented Han. ?Got some unwanted stuff, too,? he added darkly.

Mara gave a devious smile. ?And if we find that punk kid on our way, I?ll show him a thing or two!? Luke frowned and raised an eyebrow at his wife. She leaned over as the families made their way out and whispered to her husband, ?You should know me by now, Skywalker, that I wait for my target to come to me.?

?You should have done something besides sitting there!? exclaimed Rene. ?You were closer to him, you?re supposed to be in charge of this mission! Why didn?t you do anything??

Ladora took out her crystal control, then looked her strict friend. ?I thoug

8. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Can't lynch you if we want more story. :)

9. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    Uppies.

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Mara leaned over and whispered something in his ear. The human then spit out the location of the Vong base.

?What do you think she told him?? Han asked Luke.

?Don?t know, don?t want to know,? responded Luke. He walked over to talk to the bartender in order to make sure their suspect got medical attention and then made his way back to the front doors
    [face_laugh] I want to know what she told him :D

Poor Anakin :( more soon

11. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jedi_Guard_of_Death Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    I'm sorry I didn't post sooner :-S
    I've read all the fic so far and it's really good. Keep going! I wanna know what happens! [face_batting] Please?
    Jaa ne!

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    RebelMom: Oh, yeah. [face_devil]

Lethar: Hey! :) Are you reading or is this just a friendly up? ;)

Falcon: Truefully, I don't know. I got the idea from Justice Leguge(?) when a assain(?) made a pass at Wonder Woman, Batman took him and said something to him. WW asked Superman what he said and Superman told her, "Don't ask."

Since Han doesn't have superhearing... :p

It gets worse. [face_devil] Much worse. [face_devil]

Jedi_Guard_of_Death: Hi! :D You're my first new reader in a while! :) Welcome!

I've got a post typed up. I sent it to Qwi, but I don't know if she wants to beta it or not. She hasn't posted in ages. :(

13. Lethar

Apr 29, 2004
    I'm a reader, of course. I can't wait for more from this - I missed it for a bit cause the topic notification expired (oy).

Do you need a new beta or something? :)

14. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    It's looking that way. :( I really hate this, because Qwi has been great and all. I just pmed Qwi as she didn't respond to my last one. :_| This post has been almost ready for ages. :_| :(

15. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    I'll bet Mara said something along the lines of 'Tell me or I'll takes that thing you value most.'
    The guys know what 'that thing' is.

16. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    You may think that if you wish, Jedi_Guard! ;)

Sorry for the long wait! You know, I think of Danger like the SW movies. Part one was ANH. Part two is EBS and we all know what happened in EBS. [face_devil]

I?ve put some of Danger on FF.N. You might want to go and read it. I?ve edited it some and it sounds a lot better. :)

FF.N?s Danger Among

Chapter Nineteen
    ?Separating the Shadows?

Anakin lagged behind, deep in thought, as they flew to the Vongs? location on their Skyboards. The events of the day dominated his thoughts. Why? Why had he had done that to his family? To Tahiri? At the time, it seemed like his only option - hurtful - but the only choice he had. In hindsight, he realized he could have ignored them, but something caused him to go ahead when he knew full well what would happen. The feeling was not from the Force. No, he would recognized that. Was it the Dark Side? No, he was sure he would identify that as well. He was not sure what it was.

One thing he was sure of: he had changed. Three months ago, he would have never had upset his family on purpose. He would have never said such awful things. Now it was different. It still felt wrong, but he felt more willing to do it. Why? Was he more willing to risk their happiness in order to save them? What had happened to him?

A click from his comlink indicated they were coming closer to the Vong. He shelved his thoughts away, thinking he would have a talk with his grandparent about it when they got to the base later. He hovered in the air, looked down and nearly fell out off his board.

The box from his dreams?it was here! The one where Uncle Luke had thrown him out. Why was it here? Was it the weapon?

?All right,? started Ladora, ?looks like a lot of Vong guarding this thing. We?ll go in, deal with them, destroy the weapon and freeze them. Is that understood??

The other three muttered their agreement. As one, the four jumped off their boards.

The Vong seemed to be caught by surprise. When they were aware, they tried to overwhelm the Shadows as they normally did. Further away from the others, the youngest Solo blocked an incoming blow from one Vong and started to plan his attack. He dodged, blocked and finally stabbed the warrior in the arm. The invader cried out in anger, but went limp as the paralysis fluid took effect.

But soon Anakin found himself surrounded by thirty Vong. He Force-pushed some away and jumped high into the air. He took out his blaster and stunned some others. Landing outside the group of Vong, he fired some paralysis darts from his gauntlet, but it was not good enough to take out them all. ?I?m a little overwhelmed here!?

?Well, guess what? So are we!? answered Ladora angrily.

?Maybe we should have lured them away?? questioned Ken.

Then one of the Vong Anakin had been fighting fell. He found himself facing a green lightsaber. ?Need some help?? asked Uncle Luke. Anakin nodded gratefully and jumped and somersaulted out to a better position. The Vong divided up to face Luke, Aunt Mara and their blazing lightsabers.

With the appearance of his family, the Vong seemed to weaken from the fairer fight. Anakin finished off his share of opponents when the weapon moved. He turned to it to see a platform come out of the weapon?s side. Laying on top was a nineteen-year-old boy with brown hair, eyes closed and arms crossed over his chest, which rose and dropped with heavy breathing. Anakin froze. It was Jacen.

Anakin jumped, missing an incoming blow and ignoring Ladora?s calls to stop. He got to where his brother lay. No Vong tried to thwart his efforts as he picked Jacen off the platform, using the Force to make him lighter. He got ten meters before he realized his brother was tied to the weapon.

He stopped, put Jacen on the ground and cut the cord with his lightsaber. Something rumbled when he did. ?It?s a trap!? yelled Ladora, surprising breaking their comm silence and yelling to Uncle Luk

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    this is not good

can't wait for more :D

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    It gets worse? I thought it was already bad. Glad to see a post on this again.

19. Lethar

Apr 29, 2004
    *does the update dance* It's an update - update! ;)

Awesome chapter.

20. Jedi_Guard_of_Death

Jul 9, 2004
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
    ANAKIN FOUND HIS BROTHER! GO ANI! KICK SOME @$$!
    sry... i'm not gonna be able to reply after this: but i'm still reading and your fic rules.
    May the Force be with you! [face_smile]

21. Alikhar

Alikhar Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2004
    UP!!!!!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!!

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    *is in utter shock* :eek:

Falcon: Nope, it's not. [face_devil]

RebelMom: Yes, it gets worse. I have not gone through the worse case yet! [face_devil]

Lethar: You know, I normally update this thing every two months! :( I write before my classes. This fic as long chapters!

But I'll try to post a new post soon! ;)

Jedi_Guard: What makes you think Jacen is going to stay? [face_devil]

No more replies? How come? :(

Alikhar: Thank you! *faints from new reader*

*gumbles about the next week* :( :_|

23. Brisk

Brisk Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2004
    Great story!

Just a thought here, I found your story on Fanfiction.Net, and it might be a good idea to link to your profile on the boards from your ff.net bio, just so us semi-lazy readers can easily read your fics without having to search for for your profile here.

Anyway, a new plot twist! Poor Anakin though. . .

Can't wait to see what happens next!

24. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks and that's a good idea. I didn't think of it (clealy). I don't think that much. :p

Welcome to the thread! :)

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    All right, here's the thing. It seems that Qwi no longer has time to beta my fic anymore ( :_| ). So I need a new beta.

I would go to the Writer's Resource Boards, but something bad happened to me there and I'm scared to go back.

If anyone knows someone who can beta this, let me know! The faster I get a beta, the faster this thing get updated! :D

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.