main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Danger Mouse to Return!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Jun 17, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Danger Mouse to return to TV screens

Comments (308)
    [​IMG] Danger Mouse originally ran from 1981 to 1992
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Stories

Animated superhero Danger Mouse is to return to children's TV, more than two decades since the popular show ended.
    The new series, featuring the fearless white rodent secret agent and his trusty sidekick Penfold, is due to be broadcast on CBBC in 2015.
    The show originally ran from 1981 to 1992 and Danger Mouse was voiced by actor Sir David Jason.
    CBBC controller Cheryl Taylor said the new show would "win over a whole new generation of fans".
    Danger Mouse's producers and animators will be FremantleMedia along with Boulder Media.
    Ms Taylor said: "Danger Mouse is the last word in debonair and delightfully eccentric heroics," adding, "CBBC is thrilled to be kick-starting their adventures afresh."
    [​IMG] David Jason, better known as Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses, originally voiced Danger Mouse
    In the original show, each 10-minute episode saw Danger Mouse, who sported an eye patch and the letters DM on his chest, tackle a new mystery and enemy, such as the notorious Duckula.
    Some of these characters will be returning for the new series along with new gadgets, locations, villains and vehicles.
    Jump media player
    Media player help

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
    Hapless hamster Penfold - who was originally voiced by comedian Terry Scott - will also return.
    Danger Mouse's eye patch will be replaced by an "i-patch" with multiple technological functions and his headquarters too will be kitted out with "state-of-the-art wizardry", said Fremantle in a statement.
    The voice actors who will play Danger Mouse and Penfold have not yet been announced.
    Fremantle's Rick Glanker said: "The thrills, spills and comedy of this landmark international animated series are all still here but this rebooted version will be brought up-to-date for today's tech-savvy and content-hungry kids.
    "In this new 21st-Century version the laughs are set to be even louder as the world's smallest secret agent faces mightier missions, voracious villains and knee-trembling threats."
    However, Jimmy Hibbert, a scriptwriter on the original series said he was nervous about the show's return.
    "I have mixed feelings about it," said Hibbert, who also played Doctor Augustus P. Crumhorn III on the show.
    "I was very, very fond of Danger Mouse. Let's hope it's as good as the last series was," he told BBC Radio 5 live.
    Danger Mouse was also a big hit outside the UK, including the US, Australia, France, Poland, Germany and Sweden.
    It also led to a long-running comic strip adaptation in children's magazine Look-In.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27876300

It is critical they get the voices correct, but...YAY!!

2. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    Danger Mouse produces some great records.

Oh wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    "Oh crumbs!"

Now if they can bring back the Count Duckula show...

dp4m likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Nice. I have very good memories from this show.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

yah that's where my mind went too. im predicting a generational divide in terms of how this thread title is interpreted

Wanderguard likes this.
  6. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    No joke. I was genuinely befuddled when I realized this wasn't about The Black Keys' BFF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I liked Danger Mouse.

When I was 8 years old.

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd rather they didn't. Leave it in the glorious past, where it belongs.

halibut likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I work with a chap who looks like Penfold. Hilarious.

Anyway, I'm torn. Whilst Dangermouse is one of those British cartoons I remember from my childhood (Super Ted, Bananaman etc) I wonder whether a new one can really capture the spirit of the original. We're a bit too cynical now for a show like this.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Since childhood shows other than Dangermouse have now been mentioned, I feel obliged to state that Bertha > all else.

EDIT: With the possible exception of Button Moon.

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I thought about Danger Mouse and remembered Banana man as well. It used to be on Nickelodeon way back when.

12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Nostalgia is big business

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I can't imagine David Jason imagined he would be voicing Danger Mouse and playing Granville in his mid-70s!

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's Danger Mouse. You are now on the same shelf as
    It's Bananaman.

Has you ever been at such a low ebb, Ender?

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Christ.

Except I feel like beezel's lying. He often is.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You stay in denial, my friend.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Wouldn't you, faced with the alternative?

18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    No lying at this point. Just stating that I remember it and what channel it was makes me feel old. This whole nostalgia thing is beginning to make me feel bad. On one had its nice but on the other hand its like come on man get some real ideas. Let our wonderful childhoods stay just that. Wonderful Childhoods.

Almost fifteen years ago at Hot Topic I bought a shirt that had an Autobots icon on the front and it said Old School. It was cool. Now it doesn't feel so cool anymore. Feels kinda weird if I even wear it. Like its so outta time and place. It really is a 90s shirt now.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, I regret speaking.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're quote buddies now!

I'm afraid your services as my fag are no longer required.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    May I present baldrick26 to fill that role?

22. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Hands up if anyone else remembers when Nickelodeon's programming consisted of this, the Star Trek animated series, Spartacus and Sun Beneath the Sea, You Can't Do That On Television, and various other older shows and foriegn imports.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Will he wear a beezel mask while I batter him with some of the worlds finest willow?

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just imagine beezel looks like Baldrick from Season 3, so... yes.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's quite the insult. Balders didn't look that bad.