main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Danger Mouse to Return!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Jun 17, 2014.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I remember the show when it ran ages ago on Nickelodeon (?). Regardless, I enjoyed it back then. One of those rare instances where dry British humour worked for me.

2. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I figured that "Danger Mouse" and "Count Duckula" were, in a way, the British answer to the Jay Ward cartoons, in that you could enjoy them as a kid, but you have to be an adult to get all the jokes.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    *raises hand*

I feel old.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    All that matters about your US cable networks mumbo jumbo is if you got the Thames Television screen at the end.

Also, if you pronounce that "Thay-mes", I implore you to consider suicide (ideally) or sterilisation. Who am I kidding. You're illiterate, that sentence is peppered with words you can't read or comprehend.

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    You're forgetting BBC, ITC, ATV and ABC (that's Associated British Corporation; their logo came on after "The Avengers"). I looked for those logos, too, back in the day. Still look for them, in fact.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not, but the show was made specifically for Thames Television. On the Australian BBC (ABC) we always got Thames Television screens at the end of a show

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I have found some full episodes of Spartakus and The Sun Beneath The Sea on youtube. It was such a strange feeling to see images and scenes which had been reduced to blurry memories from nearly 30 years ago when I was a young boy. Also, The Mysterious Cities of Gold was on Netflix at one point and I spent a 3 day weekend binge watching the entire freaking show. The story still holds up pretty well despite it being clearly aimed at a younger audience. Not sure if Netflix still has it up or not. Hulu may also have it too.

Also, Star Trek The Animated Series is on Netflix as well. Those stories are pretty decent despite being 23 minutes long and also written with a slightly younger audience in mind.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Danger Mouse was great, but i'd definitely be more excited for Tintin.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If this leads to a reboot of Count Duckula as a spin-off (hell, one can't hope but think there'll at least be a cameo?), I'll be quite happy- so long as they keep the awesome, awesome theme songs :D.

And Pinwheel.

11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The same goes for Atreyu and Belle and Sebastian and Fergie. Whenever there's one of these celebrities using a name, it takes me a while before I realize what people are referencing.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Seasons 1-10 of the original are being released on Netflix 15th of June!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.