main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dangerous World (Reposted!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zara_Rose, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't own Star Wars; I'm just playing in the universe. Jedi_Alman beta'd. This is the sequel to I Know It Well, so you'll probably want to read that one first.

DANGEROUS WORLD

I am awakened in the night by the sound of a twig snapping. Silently, I throw aside my animal-skin blankets and rise from my sleeping pallet. The night is dark, but the moon is full and bright. I can see the stars in the sky. Faintly, I can see her retreating form. She uses the shadows to slip silently into the night, heading for the moss-covered wall at the edge of the village?s territory. Our clan has protected its borders, and I know that she has never been beyond them. Curiosity and adrenaline overcome me, and I quicken my pace. She throws a vine rope over the wall. I don?t know what to do. Panic floods my being, and I reach out to her. I take her arm?I?m rougher than I?d like to be?and I pull her around so that she is facing me. In the light of the moon, I see her for who she has become. She is both a scared child and a fiercely determined woman. In that moment, I know that if she leaves the village, I will be devastated.

?You can?t go,? I manage to choke out, though it feels as though my throat is closing more by the minute. My voice sounds strange to my ears.
    ?I have to,? she answers. ?The village??
    ?The village will protect you! The village will see that all of your needs are met!? Now, I am angry. She would leave all that our clan has worked, and fought, and died for on a whim. She?d leave because of a few stories told by a few delusional elderly people! The thought sickens me, and makes me even madder. And yet, it doesn?t surprise me. I, too, have heard the stories of the old ones. But to leave the village is to bring about one?s own demise. Yuuzhan?tar may be our home, but we are not the masters of it.
    ?The village is stifling me! It forbids the possibility of freedom! I thought that you, of all people, would understand that I want more than the village can give me.? Her words cut me deeply, and I see how much she needs to be free. If I had half of her inner strength, I would go with her.
    ?You really won?t stay, will you?? I ask, already knowing her answer. It breaks my heart that she would leave. I gaze down into her eyes, finally letting her see how much of an impact her decisions have on my own life.
    ?No, I won?t. I know it hurts you, and I?m sorry. But I cannot stay,? she whispers. To my surprise, and delight, she reaches out and tenderly places her hand on my cheek. Not wanting to break the moment, I turn my head slightly to softly kiss her palm.
    ?It?s okay. I understand.? I don?t think she fully heard me. Suddenly, I have a very bad feeling that I will never see her again. ?Be careful, Yuuzhan?tar is a dangerous world.? Then I turn, and walk away silently into the night. But I don?t go far. I watch her from the shelter of a large bush. She doesn?t see me. Quickly, she scales the mossy wall, and is gone.

The next morning, I return to my duties. I pretend as though I do not know she is missing. But her absence is a constant reminder of what I let walk away from me. When the midday sun is high overhead, I feel a sudden rush of dizziness. The world around me grows dark, and I feel myself falling. Before I drop to the ground, the feeling passes as suddenly as it came. I straighten up, hoping that no one noticed. No one has. The oddity of this incident forces me to think of her. I know that something is wrong. She is in terrible danger; I feel it in the core of my soul. I should have gone with her last night. I desperately hope it is not too late. Dropping my tools where I stand, I run for the mossy wall. Those that I pass shoot strange looks in my direction. I ignore them; they can think whatever they?d like.

Through the amphistaff groves, and the villip paddies, I run. I know that she has come this way recently. Then, I see it. A giant rock sits on the mossy ground, smoking. Rocks don?t smoke. Perhaps the old one

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    OH! :_| That was sad! Great, but sad! Awesome job!

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    It's like Romeo and Juliet or some such painful angst :_| :_|

This one was even better than the first! How sad? :(

So he was a Force user? Did he know the extent of his powers or merely discovered them at that moment?

Wonderful insight into the characters mind...

Bravo.

*TKL passes out the tissues*

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. That one was even sadder than the first! :_| I can't believe he got there just in time to watch them sacrifice her! :( He was a force-user? Didn't see that one coming. He basically killed himself? :( I'm glad they're together though.

J&J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.