main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daniel Logan (Boba Fett) and Ray Park (Darth Maul) in Sandy and Salt Lake City March 20-21

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by FDC1, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyshot01

Luckyshot01 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2004
    i call it a statement and you being stuborn.

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    O, do you have copies of the pics printed out already...or are they on hard disk?
    Pounce, I forgot to get back to you on this. I do have 'hard' copies of the pictures. The only downside to them is that they aren't photoshopped (like the ones that will be on the website). They look alright except for a little red eye ;) Would you like me to bring those up to you? I'll be in SLC on tuesday looking at bikes and can run them by if you need. Just let me know :)

3. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    real quick, can I get reasons that it is a benefit to be part of a fan force? Personally, why do you see it as a benefit, or what do you see as a benefit? I need some answers no later than tuesday night at 9pm please.

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I've made many friends that I hope I can keep for ever and ever. :D

It also helps me to get involved with the community to know I can give something back. Oh and that there are other fans out there that like the same things I do.

5. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    It's fun to make friends and SW peeps are the cooliest!

And I like Ondiv.

6. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh, btw, the signing is all friggin day(s) long! I'm sure we'll be more than happy to let everybody take turns at the table. It's not like we're getting paid to let our bums go to sleep and stuff. :-D

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I think we might need more cards. It's not a bad thing to have more right? We can pass them out at other times.

I was going to say something else but it seems to have slipped my mind for the time being. I'll get back to you all on what that was. ;)

8. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Advantages to fan force:
    1) meeting people you might not have met otherwise
    2) doing things you might never have had a chance to do
    3) it's a window to a much larger neighborhood

9. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Advantages for me, has already been meeting people with a common interest that binds us together (which is funny, I kinda know some of you, though so far only met Mary. And having a social life, actuallt getting out and doing thinks, its great!

10. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    okay, the cards are finished and in Marold's hands.
    Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly to my question, I'll be using it on a future project :)

I'll see you guys on Saturday; I'll be getting there around 4-5pm, depending on traffic!

11. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Holy cow!!!! That was soooooooooo cooooolllll!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Daniel and Ray for coming out!!

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It was so much fun. I had a blast and I know everyone who came enjoyed it as well. :D

13. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    It was a pleasure to meet you all there. Marold, I was happy to finally get to meet you. Same with pounce and mini pounce, though I forgot again which was which. Ondiv, wow! you look so much taller in real life than I imagined. I didn't see you until later when I took my helmet off by the table and turned around. Can you tell me again what ondiv means? I remember you said it was vidno backwards, but didn't catch the significance of that word either or the guy you pointed to. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I don't believe I met Jedi Angell. Did you all know he is related to Truman O. Angell, the architect who designed the first tabernacle at Temple Square? That's some cool history! Anyway, I hope I can make it to one of the club meetings in the future. Wish I didn't live so far away!

14. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    SkalenFehl, it was great to finally meet you too! Let me just say, your costume looked so awesome!! I was totally impressed; I had seen the pic before but let me just say, WOW, it is so much cooler IRL.
    Yeah, I'm tall. Everyone ('cept my mom) in my family is tall. My dad and both brothers are over six feet :p But I've noticed that I've been shrinking lately. In high school I was 5' 10"...but I think I'm 5' 9" now, or 5' 8". I'm not enjoying shrinking, although it does open up the dating pool a little more ;) I wear shoes with heels a lot so I look taller than I really am.

The History of ondiv
    Never spelled uppercase, always lower (pet peeve of mine, sorry). About 8 years ago my big bro Cam and I received an AOL cd in the mail. Being sneaky we installed it onto his laptop. We were trying to think of a really 'cool' screen name, but alas everything we tried was already taken. Then out of nowhere he came up with Vidno. What it means, we don't know. Well, mom discoverec what we had done and insisted that we install AOL onto the family 'puter so that she could monitor our online actions. We used Vidno as the main account, and then us kids made names that stemmed off of it. Big bro became VidKnight, little bro became VidnoJr. I wanted something equally as cool (rejected names: VidGirl, VidSis, etc.). Finally it came to, Vidno spelled backwards...ondiv! And the rest is history. I've had and used the name for all my log-ins and screen names, do a google search and some of my old posts will come up from a TV show board I used to visit (so says a bored friend).
    Then one day, Frio_Car, the world's best 'puter boy, brought to my attention tha ondiv means something else! It is a function call in the fortran programming language! ondiv= on div = on divided. So essentially, I divide things.

And there is it, the history of my unique, but strangly bizare name.

15. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Vidno. That is a cool history! Thank you for the compliments. The handywork, I must confess, is all Mike Handy's. He has countless different costumes and the Jango along with the Boba you may have seen out there is his as well. All I can claim to do is fill the costume.

Mine, however is in the works and I'm using his as a base to perfect mine. At this stage, I'm still sanding down my fiberglass helmet. I already have the armor and jumpsuit purchased. I plan on making mine as close to movie accurate as possible. At six feet tall, I make a tall Jango, but the armor I have should be close in proportion. Hopefully by Halloween I can finally don my own Jango Fett costume. :D

edit: oh, and the only reason I capitalized ondiv was cuz I was starting a new sentence. I'll remember to keep it lower case for you! ;)

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It was great to finally meet you Skalen. The actors were great and I hope everyone had a great time participating.

17. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Wow. What a great weekend! Wow.

You rock Skalen!

Wow. What a great weekend.

Wow.

*is very happy*

:)

18. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Thanks, Pounce. Was nice to meet you. You know for a split second when I met you, I thought you were Michonne Bourriague, the actress who played Aurra Sing in The Phantom Menace, and I was gonna ask for your autograph. But I remembered it was only Ray and Daniel that represented Star Wars yesterday.

Check out the two links to see who I mean. Aurra Sing is a bad girl bounty hunter and former Jedi. She can kick some serious butt!

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/03/news20020320.html

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/aurrasing/index.html

19. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Wow, thanks! She's purdy and I'm very flattered. :) I've read some comic books with Aurra Sing in them...she's way cool!

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You should see Pounce as Madonna, she's hot as that too. ;)

21. Darth Blob

Darth Blob Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 1999
    As amazing and unbelievable as this might seem, I was also there on Saturday morning. Unfortunately my daughter (2 years old) was scared by all the masks and costumes, so we didn?t stay all that long. Add to that the fact that I actually don?t know what anyone looks like, and I?m not the type to randomly go up to people and start talking to them. But we stood there by the doors for a little while looking at everything.

22. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    The weekend was AWSOME! It was great to meet every one, Amy, Rick, their younglings, Erin, Autumn, Derik (read the quote about spelling). What were you wearing Fehl?

23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    DarthBlob, our group was most likely the people behind the tables with the actors.

24. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Yeah WITH the actors....Shuting up.

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You're a dork. :p

Amy do you know if they enjoyed the cookies? I know John ran off with the Samoa's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.