main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dare Challenge Link Thread- Another winner announced! 11/4- Congrats Drabbo!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Now for a special announcement! All of the judges got together and chose the person who offered the most outrageous dare. We found one that stood out for its cruelty and difficulty! The winner? Drabbo_Fett! Those of you who know him will not be surprised! Oquidan was the er...lucky recipient of this dare!

The challenge:

Write a wacky romantic comedy about a love triangle (set just a bit pre-ANH) involving Leia torn between Tarkin and another (non-human, of course) senator.

1. Keep the comedy coming and keep it light.
    2. Obviously, Leia can't end up with Tarkin, since they hate each other in ANH, and neither can die, but beyond that, the ending's up to you and board standards.
    3. You must include at least four scenes or sequences that are overt comic parodies of other films or TV series. At least two of these must parody something other than SF/fantasy or horror.
    4. Someone should have a funny sidekick who's either a Lepi (that big green rabbit species) or a ducklike alien.
    5. And, just to throw in a bit of random listiness, which I know you like, include the words "squeezy," "defenestrate," and "restaurateur."
    6. There is no rule six. How cruel do you think I am?

Now tell me that's not evil! For his cruelty, he gets to change all four mods' colors and icons for one week. AACK! The agony!

Okay, here is the big announcement- the one you?ve all been waiting for so anxiously! It was a very close race. Less than one full point separated the top three entries! All of the judges were very impressed by every single entry. And some of you handled very evil dares! Congratulations to all of the brave authors who took their dares and created a masterpiece.

Now, onto the winners!

In first place is Bri_Windstar with her entry titled Unlikely Heroes Bri will get her own colors for one week and also be able to pick on a mod. Yes, she?ll get to change the icon and colors of the mod of her choice for one week! Watch out, my fellow mods! Bri, please PM me and let me know which mod you have chosen to torment! :p

What She Saw by raisedbywolves wins second place! Get ready to pick another mod to torture, raisedbywolves! You?ll be able to force the mod of your choice to use the icon and colors you have chosen for her for one full week! 8-} You'll also be sporting pretty colors for 48 hours!

And DarthMousche?s The Force Eaters was an impressive third. Yes, Mousche will also get to harass a mod for one week. A new icon and new colors are in order for Mousche?s victim! [face_devil] For 24 hours, you can fly some lovely colors!

Let?s give our congratulations to these three talented authors!

And a HUGE thank you to the judges:

Yodan
    Kele-en
    lindemacil
    kayladie97
    JediJainaSoloFel
    Healer_Leona
    JadeSolo
    rhonderoo
    And little ole? me!

Once you have completed and posted your Dare Challenge Response, please post a link in this thread! Include all of the normal info, but include your dare as well! Thank you! And let the weeping begin! [face_devil]

Just thought you might like to see how each work will be judged:

Overall Creativity- 10 possible points
    Writing Ability (no plot holes, made sense, wasn't rushed)- 10 possible points
    Grammar/Mechanics- 10 possible points
    Did the story stick to the guidelines of the dare (did the author follow the guidelines or just did his own thing?)?- 10 possible points
    On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) how much did you enjoy this piece? 10 possible points

[color=royalblue][b]Also, if you don't list your entry here it

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    The dare given to me was: In 1,000 to 2,500 words, write a vig describing the circumstances surrounding the drafting of the core of the Jedi Code:

There is no emotion; there is peace
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge
    There is no passion; there is serenity
    There is no death; there is the Force

My story is completed named Give Them Enough Rope... http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/21407224/?0

3. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Shadows of a Lost Padawan
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, OC
    Summary: A friend?s troubles can distract us from our own.
    Notes: Here is my first challenge response. Evil Layren?

A Qui-Gon torture / hurt/ comfort fic with no clear cut ending allowed

Must include the following words:

Epiphany
    melancholy
    adumbration
    light (apart from saber of course)
    Twilight

Must have at least one OC.

Part of the story must take place in the wee hours of the morning and it must be sunny and raining at the same time at an odd hour of the day. Birds must also be singing

The archives of the Temple must also be mentioned

4. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Title: Goodbye, Love
    Author: Lusa_Thul
    Genre: AU, angst angst angst!
    Timeline: TJK
    Characters: Raynar, Lusa

The Dare: Lusa has been protected in hiding on a remote planet and lost her memory until Raynar calls. She remembers and finds him, though she is deformed. He rejects her because "Raynar is dead, I am now Unu". There. My evil has begun.
    - Zonama

5. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    My story... [face_mischief]

Title: Drunken Love
    Genre: Humor/AU
    Timeline: Post-DW
    Characters: Jag, Jaina, Zekk, Han, Corran, Tycho, Wedge, C-3PO

The Dare:
    You have to write Jaina and Jag's life through Zekk's eyes. Starting with when he learns about their relationship and continuing through the end of the war, their marriage, and their kids. You can make it last as long (timeline-wise) as the words or your bunny permits, though J&J have to have at least one kid and be happily ever after.

http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/21425017/?5

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    All right, here's what I was dared to do:

I Dare You to write a viggie about Tahiri having a secret crush on Anakin's father, and writing him a 'love note' and Anakin accidentally finding it.
    (Obviously, this will be set when they are still young kids, maybe about eight or nine)

Title: Tahiri's Secret

Link: http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/21429241/?1

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Title: Ghosts of the Future
    Author: Maychorian
    Timeframe: JA (Obi is 18)
    Category: A weird mix of drama and humor, I think
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and a very odd little cantina
    Summary: The universe is full of these little pockets of bizarre phenomena. Obi-Wan is a bit tired of falling into them constantly, but somehow he can never avoid them . . .
    Disclaimer: Are you kidding me? You don?t make profit from a labor of love! Pure sacrilege, sir!
    Notes: For the ?I Dare You!? Challenge. My evil darer is VadersMistress, and this is what she required:
    ?3 Singing pigs

Qui-Gon in a skirt at some point (he must happily wear it and you must insinuate this is a common occurrence )

Luke Skywalker must be in the background at some point. He cannot have any speaking lines, nor mime anything, nor may he interact in the fic at all, but it must be abundantly clear that it IS Luke Skywalker.

Yoda must rap and do a jig at some point (even if it is short)

A character must die in the middle of a crowded room, but no one helps or even notices him/her. (It can be a major or minor character, but it must be at least a paragraph long? And gruesome!)

A sunset

A corset

And a kiss. (It may be between any characters you like in any circumstances, and it may be a kiss of love, death, and/or platonic)

I thought about forcing you make this an angsty fic, but I shall be kind and allow you to make this any kind of fic you wish. (Triple points if you have at least one angsty scene in it, though! )?

I did my best. :p For your reading pleasure, two sunsets and two kisses! If one doesn?t fulfill the condition, perhaps the other does?

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Title: Trickster
    Author: JadeLotus
    Timeframe: Approx 12 years after ANH
    Category: Drama, Angst, AU
    Characters: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade
    Summary: There are stirrings in the Force, and they are his son.

Dare: (courtesy of VaderLVR64)
    The Death Star blew up Yavin, so Leia is dead. Luke ran away from Vader and was sent by blue ghostie Obi-Wan to Dagobah, where he learned the ways of the Force. He got tired of Yoda?s constant lectures and ran away.

More than twelve years have passed since the Death Star ?incident? and Luke is now in his early thirties. The Empire still rules the galaxy. Vader hears about a man who has ?magical? powers and decides to investigate. Luke has been earning his living as a circus performer, touring the galaxy and staying out of the way of the Emperor and his henchman, Darth Vader. Vader tracks down Luke and finally recognizes him as his son. What will Vader do?

I had the option of making it a humour or angst piece, and I decided to go with the angst (believe it or not). My muse had inclinations that way ;) And I made it just under the word limit, thankfully.

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Title: &end
    Era: circa ROTJ, looking back
    Genre: AU, AU, AU, AU, AU
    Characters: Luke, Leia and Vader mentioned

The Dare: From Anakins_Force:
    Darth Vader executes Leia while she is a prisoner on the Death Star. (In this AU, he is still her biological father, and she is still Luke's twin sister.)

This may well be the weirdest story I've yet written. Enjoy. ;)

10. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Title: "The Duel" - A Retelling by Darth rebasthgiLyrrehC
    Author: CherryLightsaber
    Timeframe: A twisted ROTS AU
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Scooby Doo???
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Mustafar, duel
    Summary: Sure, we've all seen George Lucas's version of "The Duel", but here's what really happened. All the drama; gone! All the tears; not necessary! All the heartache? or heartburn; get some Pepcid already! This is my entry for the "I Dare You" Challenge. This dare was sent to me from TheNut.

And the dare?

Re-write the RotS scene on Mustafar-as in the lightsaber duel?as a parody. The genre is humor. The readers are not allowed to cry; they must laugh. And, instead of Obi-Wan's infamous line "You were the Chosen One," you must write "You are the Hormone-Imbalanced One," (you can change the grammatical tense). And remember, the readers must laugh.

Enjoy!

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title: Devoured By Envy

Author: obi_ew

Characters: Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker

Summary: Quinlan Vos experiences up close the decay of the Kenobi/Skywalker dynamic.

Challenge: Lovely in Orange challenged me to the following:

Write a vig with Quinlan Vos as the good guy.
    Must include:
    Someone fondly remembering Qui-Gon
    Rain
    A clown

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Title: Of my heart
    Genre: Drama
    Timeline: 5 years pre-TPM
    Characters: Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan
    The Dare:
    ZaraValinor dared me to write a vignette exploring what Qui-Gon would have done and what the ramifications would have been if Tahl had survived.

Of my heart

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I've got mine done. Its called Long Night. The dare was given to meDare: Blondie_JediKnight
    I dare you to write a viggie about Anakin and Tahiri going to a boy band concert pre-invasion, with Threepio as a chaperone.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21437213

14. Kele-en

Kele-en Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm going to ask all the judges to PM their scores. Thank you!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Just go ahead and PM your scores to me. Thanks!

16. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Mine is up:

Title: Friend or Foe
    Author: BigFatty
    Timeframe: 9 years after ROTJ
    Characters: Han & Anakin Solo, Boba Fett
    Summary: What happens when Han's enemy rescues his son.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing relating to Star Wars, that's all George Lucas, not me.
    Notes: This is my response the "I Dare You" Challenge. My challenge was given to me by Juliet316 and I was to write a story where a Solo child of my choice has been saved by Boba Fett.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21469361

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    And to follow up Sara (aka Big Fatty), here is mine:

Title: Guys do it All the Time 1/1
    Author(s): Juliet316
    Timeframe: Indeterminate, definitely after the Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Characters: Leia, Mothma, Mara, Daala, with a twist.
    Genre: Vignette, humor
    Keywords: Leia, humor, challenge
    Summary: A ladies' sabaac game...... with a twist.
    Disclaimer: Lucasfilm and Bantam spectra, Timothy Zahn and Kevin J. Anderson own these characters in that order.
    Notes: 1: I'm not as well versed in Sabaac, and most of what you get in the fic comes directly from the JAT: Dark Apprentice, so if I get some of it wrong, I apologize off the bat. 2: This is the response to BigFatty's dare which was to write the ladies of the EU in a Sabacc game. I picked the four I figured I could write best and came up with a wicked twist. This is intended to be humor bordering on dark humor and not in anyway meant to be serious.

[face_devil]

18. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

Title: Friendly Enemies
    Author: Jaid
    Disclaimer: Not mine. Not mine. So HELL not mine. :p
    Genre: AU Drama, Challenge fic
    Author Note: I can?t write this as a viggie. I probably could if I only did things in two line clips, but, I want to make this a full fic. So sue me and take off points and you mods can take a deep breath ? I?m not going to get a hold of your colors. Oh, and I?m hiding two of my REQUIREMENTS (note the capitals) because they?d give away the ending of the plot and since it?s a fic? no wanting to do that. :D [face_mischief]

Challenge: *see thread* *much too long* *leaves it in the thread* :p

Summary: A planet divided for five thousand years finally seeks to bring peace to its lands, and the Jedi send two mediators and one mentor to them. Wait ? hold on ? Director! Someone switched my script! It says here that Bruck and Obi-Wan are sent!! ....... what do you mean ?You didn?t read it wrong??

19. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Title: Reality Bites
    Author: leia_naberrie
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa
    Summary: On a diplomatic mission to the art-loving country called Caperni, Leia and Han find out that reality bites. :D

Famous Last Words: [face_devil]
    For your dare, I dare you to write a Han/Leia in-between ANH and ESB. Other than that, it's up to you.

---East_Coast_Ryder

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! So many great entries! I'm still working on my second dare! :p

21. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I really thought this one had me. But my Obi-shaped muse finally showed up and finished it for me this morning! He's such a dear!

Title: Just For Tonight
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Timeline: Clone Wars
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress
    The Dare: From vader_incarnate: You ever watch the animated Clone Wars on Cartoon Network? Dooku has a female apprentice by the name of Asajj Ventress.

Your story will feature an Obi-Wan/Asajj Ventress romance, though not necessarily mush. The story will be 1000+ words long and be set in a hive of scum and villainy. You must mention clones, droids, gold, smoke, chains, and balls.

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    The Dare- by Meredith_Kenobi - "Han Solo's mother, whom he never knew, comes and tells him that he is the long-lost son of Emperor Palpatine, and that up until this point she has been keeping him from using his powers. Soon after this Chewbacca dies, sending Han and his fledgling powers over to the Dark Side."

Beyond the Saga

Son of the Emperor

23. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Title: Cold
    Author: Siaynoqsbride
    Characters: OC, Vader
    Summary: An OC muses over her fate and is met by someone she did not expect...
    Notes: Alright! I was challenged by Wyn-Fel to write an OC story about a Jedi that fell to the Dark Side and her musing over her fate. It had to be written in first person. I'm not sure if this was what she specifically meant, but oh well.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I've been very impressed by all the entries. I can tell you that the judges' jobs are going to be hard! [face_frustrated]

25. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Evil dare follows.

Should you choose to accept it... I've got another one, but this one is more evil! :D

Plot: An intoxicated Mara reveals a secret about herself. Must be angst. NO HUMOR

Must include:

Mara singing

Mara throwing up

A teddy bear

Knee socks

High heels

Neon pink hair

Parent/child conflict

Luke Skywalker tripping over a curb

Shooting Stars

A scream

Someone forgetting something

Chewie being kissed

Must include the following words:

?initiation?
    ?recommendation?
    ?reconnaissance?
    ?bathometer?
    ?carbuncle?

[b]VaderLVR64[/b], you are horrible.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/21527199/?0]Thank You[/link].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.