main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dare Challenge Response: The Feel Of Dance - The Sound of Music - Star Wars style

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by madman007, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Author: Madman007

Title: The Feel Of Dance

The Dare: Rewrite The Sound of Music using Luke as Captain von Trapp and Mara as Maria. Mara must display her established canon behavior the entire time, and the children must still love her. Use whomever you want for the children, but there must be seven of them (bonus points if you use EU canon characters). You must use at least one of the songs from the movie (bonus if Mara sings it). The rest I leave up to the writer. Have fun!

Author's note: In the immortal words of Maria Von Trapp: Oh, help! I know this is a contrived version of The Sound Of Music. Originally, I was going to use the Empire as the Nazis and bring in another one of Luke's ex's as the Baroness. Then I looked at the word limit. You try to compress a 3 hour movie into 2500 words or less! Truthfully, I can't stand musicals, especially this one. Not that there's anything wrong with it. People have loved this one. I tried to condense it and switch personalities of the original Captain and Maria. I even added a new theme. Hope I did it justice. Enjoy and review as you see fit.

The Feel Of Dance

(The Sound of Music Star Wars style)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On an Imperial outpost in the Ostreah system

In the office of General Corran Horn

(A knock)

General Corran Horn: Come in.

Enter Commander Mara Jade.

Mara Jade: You wanted to see me, sir?

General Horn: Yes, Commander. Come in and shut the door. I was looking over your records and I see that you have sort of a speckled past here on Ostreah.

Mara: Considering I was born here, I?d say it?s my only history.

General Horn: And you have a fondness for being outspoken.

Mara: It?s my nature, sir.

General Horn: It?s obvious you have no love for authority. I can spot those who don?t belong in the Navy.

Mara: I just get the job done whichever way possible.

General Horn: Indeed. And you have no care if the only way humiliates the Imperial Navy. The latest incident involved the supposed secret Rebel shipment of blasters. Too bad they turned out to be toy dolls.

Mara: There had to have been a leak from the inside, sir. I intend to research the matter.

General Horn: You will do no such thing. No, I think a change of scenery will do you good, Commander.

Mara (curious): Sir?

General Horn: Are you familiar with former Navy Captain Von Trapp?

Mara: Of course. He is known all around Ostreah. His wife died several years ago giving birth to their last child. He has a few more children, I believe.

General Horn: Seven in all. He has had problems with hiring a governess for his children lately. He has commissioned this outpost for such a position.

Mara: Sir? You mean to send me?

General Horn: Why not? You can give them what they need, I believe. As I understand, the Captain has neglected to care for his children properly since the death of his wife. And it answers the question I?ve had for a long time since you?ve been stationed here.

Mara: What question, sir?

General Horn: How do you solve a problem like Mara Jade?

Mara: I?m not sure I?d be a good candidate, sir. I mean...seven...children?

General Horn: It?s no more different than leading seven soldiers on a mission. I have confidence in you, Commander.

Mara: Is this an order, then, General Horn?

General Horn: No, Commander. This is your last chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mara arrives at the estate of Luke Von Trapp. She approaches the gate and sees the massive house.

Mara: Oh, help.

She walks to the front door and rings the bell. A golden protocol droid opens the door.

See Threepio: Yes?

Mara: The new governess is here.

Threepio: Excellent. I am See Threepio, human cyborg relations, and I?

Mara: Cut the intros. Where is your Master?

Threepio: I shall fetch him, Miss. One moment.

Mara is left alone in the huge hallway and she wanders to the double doors on the right. She opens them and sees an enormous ballroom before her. She remembers.

Luke Von Trapp: We don?t use that room.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! The Sound of Music is one of the FEW musicals I like so this was a wonderful read! :D

You wove the two "realities" together seamlessly!

Anakin: I?m Anakin, and I?m incorrigible.

Mara: Congratulations.

Anakin: What does ?incorrigible? mean?

Mara: It means you should find a dictionary.

=D= =D= [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Well done! =D= You actually kept it from getting sappy, and that's hard to do with The Sound of Music! The introduction of the children was priceless. :D I loved the line about finding a dictionary too. Great job!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the well known characters as the children and nice response to a difficult dare.

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    you did wonderfully merging the two concepts together. Great job!

6. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Too cute! =D= (I happen to like musicals, and I LOVE 'The Sound of Music'! It must be a 'chick-flick', and I can understand that GUYS wouldn't like it. :p ) Hey, I love 'Mary Poppins, too. Do that one using Han and Leia as Burt and Mary! [face_laugh]

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Anakin: I?m Anakin, and I?m incorrigible.

Mara: Congratulations.

Anakin: What does ?incorrigible? mean?

Mara: It means you should find a dictionary.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]
    I love The Sound of Music, and I loved your fic! [face_love] You did a wonderful job mixing the two themes, and making yours original. =D= Loved all of Mara's remarks to the children's introductions :p -totally her!- and of course I loved the dancing! [face_love] ;)
    Great job!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    =D= =D= Great job! Loved the story you made of it, and especially the role reversal between Mara and Luke.

How the children introduced themselves and especially her answers to them was a lot of fun to read.

I also loved that you worked C3PO into it :D

9. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Like others have mentioned, you did a great job of blending these two universes. I really liked the children's introductions and Mara's dancing.

Mara and Luke (singing): Something good

They kiss.

[face_love] They're meant for each other in any reality, aren't they?

Great work with this! =D=

10. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    For not liking musicals, you did a great job writing one! I'm really impressed how much you got in and stayed under the word limit. Fabulous job!

11. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Very nice. Not a huge fan of Sound of Music, but I liked this a lot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.