main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dare To Be Oblivious. L/M Ghent/OC Romantic Comedy. Lost Epilogue Found!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SpiritofEowyn, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baby-jade

baby-jade Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    i love this story its so0o0o funny! i hope you write more because i can't wait to read more

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yoo hoo!! Lands, I'm missing this! You're not experiencing DWB are you? Yikes!! [face_frustrated] Love L/M all ... crazy in love as they are! [face_laugh] Need some more smooch-a-roos! [face_love] [face_love]

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Mass replies tomorrow.

Nope I had NaNo for a month.(November) Then I had to update IAT and Gimli. I have done so, finally, and can now get back to writing the next part of this. (you know as soon as Christmas stuff gives me a break.) Oh the Cycle of three. I'll have plenty of time to do so as Ish hasn't updated IAT after me yet. :p

So it's not dead. At all. Things are going to get much more 'interesting' as we get much closer to the end. 3-4 chapters left, if that. (Even if I extend it out to have a epilogue) Hmmm... How much mush to have...

4. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Replies:

First off I thought I'd restate that I'm done with the other stories I'm posting on, so if I'm writing anything right now, it's this story. I hope to have something by Dec 31st. :p Hopefully sooner but with the Holiday craziness I can't promise anything.

Jade_Eyes:
    [face_devil] I wanted that to be... shocking.
    I always wanted to do a scene with a couple realizing they are going too fast. Must be sincere.
    [face_mischief] Can't say. Err. Won't say.

Dating of course! :) and... mischief.

RedGold:Yup. :)

RebelMom:
    Yup, brains don't always connect you too well with your emotions, and doesn't make you smart with people. They both would have a hard time for different reasons. Which is why they're so cute together.:p

Healer_Leona:Well, she has a replacement part, but so does 1/3 of the GFFA. Yay Quesy! Heck, my grandma used to be part cyborg.
    Yup :) They needed a chapter to themselves. Neither had an easy life. It's tough being uber-geeks. :-B But hey, it means they understand each other, not all that many girls you meet in the GFFA would.

Thanks!

TnTornado: Thank you! I love to keep you guys guessing.

Jaina_Clan_Solo::D I agree, it does. (which is why I had planned for her to be that way) Me too. :) Yup, our little Mara is going soft, which is good for relationships. :)

Jedi_Kassandra:
    He is really sweet. They are fun to write together. She drives me crazy sometimes too. :p

MirandaFair:
    Exactly! All his little ubergeeky dreams come true! :p Yay twists, although that is not nearly the last one I have planned.

Feng_Huang:
    I loved writing that line! Couples who are all over each other can be obnoxious for the third wheels. Thanks!

Baby-Jade: I have every plan to write more. Yay funny! That was what I was going for!

Jade_Eyes: Hi, again! :) Oh, they will continue with the smooching if Luke has his way about it. Isn't it endearing that all men have this great unabiding concern with peopleing the world?:p;)

5. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Great Updates.

jacky

6. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks Jackyyy17! :)

I thought I'd also give you a heads up that the newest post got finished last night and will be up later today. ^_^ It would have been up sooner, but my boyfriend kidnapped me for a date. Err.. Research.;)

Tease: "Mooom." Jaina complained. You ruin all our fun.

Luke brings Mara to the Solos as his date. Ah, meeting the family. It's such chaos. :p

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whee!!!!!! This is gonna be as fun as Ginchy's "Don't Tease Your Brother". [face_laugh] with their incessant Moooooom! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Will Luke and Mara arrive all ... as ginchy put it, mussed? [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_love]
    Delicious! :)

8. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: I'll be leaving it up to you to decide if they are 'mussed' ;) Han's more shocked that Luke is bringing a girl at all. It's going to be more of a 'tease the couple' deal.;)

Part 13 Meet the Solos

"The Kid's bringing someone to dinner." Han said, putting a bib on Anakin.

"I know." Leia told him, glancing at the twins. "He did ask me."

"Who do you think it is?" He asked. Winter made the final touches, raising a simple family meal to the level of Royal Feast.

"I have my suspicions." Leia answered. Either she didn't know or she was having fun keeping him out of the loop.

"It ain't Wedge or any of our friends, or he would have said ' Can I bring Wedge along.' But no, that brother of yours is hiding something." He insisted.

Leia opened her mouth, then paused in concentration.

"Wuuk." Anakin babbled slapping his arms on his highchair.

"We're about to find out." His wife placed a hand on his shoulder before speedwalking towards the door.

"Be Good." He told the kids pointing at them collectively, before following after her. The kids had a knack for trouble and Luke had never brought a lady-friend home before. He didn't want this to be the last time.

"Luke!" Leia greeted with overly wide eyes.

Standing in the doorway, hand in hand with Luke was Mara Jade.

Han's eye twitched.

Leia certainly would have wished someone a little sweeter, more like Luke, for her brother, or at least a woman who had never been intent on killing him, but then that would be very un-Skywalker like. Normal and safe and sometimes healthy were right off the list of possibilities. He doubted Bail would have approved of his daughter, and heir to Alderaan marrying an old hutt-employed glitterstim smuggler.

He didn't know how his brother-in-law had managed to get her to come to her senses, but those Skywalkers had a habit of doing the impossible.

"So,"

The obvious conversation starter would be 'where did you two meet?' but she already knew that, and given the circumstances, no one wanted the reminder. When did you get together, or start dating sounded equally lame. She already knew what Mara did for a living, too. She could ask where Mara was from, but she doubted that Mara knew the answer to that question either.

"So," Luke said helpfully.

Settle for a compliment. "It's so nice to see you two here." Leia cleared her throat.

"Yes, it's been a while since you came to dinner Luke. And, um, It was sure nice of you babysit for us last time, on such short notice." Han added, eager for something he could say that wouldn't have the couple fleeing. She knew her husbands 'Act Natural' facade well. Right. Like it was every night that your brother brought their ex-murderous stalker to dinner.

Luke nodded, mouth full of meat.

"Um, yes. Your kids are cute." Mara looked at the children, to avoid the awkwardness.

They smiled back between bites. Jaina gave Mara a big smile. "When ya told us you're gonna marry a farmboy."

Mara blushed deep red. "uh... Um." The adults at the table squirmed.

Leia thought it was the perfect time to ask if they were planning on getting married, but knew knew it was the wrong thing to say. It didn't matter, she knew everyone thought of the question.

"Are you?" Jacen asked innocently.

Mara laughed shrilly. The other adults soon followed. It was clear the couple wasn't about to give any answers. It was encouraging though that Mara hadnâ??t just shot the idea down completely. If she had been truly opposed to the idea she would have done so.

"Kids!" She added helpfully, for her part.

"Never know what they're going to say." Han grimaced at their children.

The children frowned as if they didn't get what was funny.

"What?" Jacen muttered, none too pleased to be laughed at. " Everybodys thinkin it."

"Dessert?" Winter asked quickly.

The adults were quick to make their requests. Mara was also quick to volunteer to help carry them from the kitchen.

As soon as Mara was through the door,

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The kids were so cute and natural! :)
    Leia's caution about Mara rang true too, but what came through loudest and strongest was her wanting Luke to be happy. :D
    Love the conversation between Mara and Leia in the kitchen. Straightforward and to the point: they have something in common: they both love Lukie-boo to pieces, but in different ways. [face_love] ;)
    Speaking of which, the cut scene ... eeeep!! I don't know whether to be shocked or laugh, so I'll do both. :eek: [face_laugh]
    The scene with Kasrit and Ghent---Kasrit really needs to get over herself. She sounds jealous of Mara's ecstatic mood. Frankly, I'm tickled that she's so happy. :D And this plan with the Jedi, or against them rather? [face_worried]
    Do I sense a sequel? [face_dancing] :D

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Standing in the doorway, hand in hand with Luke was Mara Jade.

Han's eye twitched.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"What?" Jacen muttered, none too pleased to be laughed at. " Everybodys thinkin it."

And he's not just taking a guess at this. :D Love the discussion of who kills who if Luke wre hurt. :D :D

Funny missing scene at the end. [face_laugh]

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    hehehe, that's so cute... and the cut scene was hillarious

12. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *dies of laughter*

The cut scene was awesome.

KT

13. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Happy New Year to you! :)

The Solo clan's interactions with Luke and their reaction to Mara was so cute. Loved the moment between Leia and Mara about Luke. If anything happened to him, the culpret had better watch out for those two ladies.

Nicely done! =D=

14. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Hey its been updated!

Hmm, well, the meeting the family part went fairly well - at least noones dead yet!

and the Kaz - Ghent part ... Isn't Kaz still hiding something from Ghent?

Good job,

TnTornado

15. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Wow, that was really good. You wrote the kids exactly how I would have imagined them. Kudos to you!

~kass

16. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Sorry it took me so long to read and reply to this (curses evil DRL)

I loved the Solo kid's reactions to everything.. they're rather perceptive aren't they?

And the converstation between Leia and Mara was awesome, they may not start out with a lot in common, but they'll be able to build a relationship off of that.

[face_worried] now what was that Kasrit was thinking about the Jedi [face_worried]

looking forward to more!

jcs

17. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Heyt girl, sorry I took a while to respoind. I was literally taking a break from everything (I blame College :mad: )

Why am I getting worried about Kasrit and Ghent??? Aren't they supposed to be on our side?? [face_worried]

Great update. I love how Leia and Mara were able to talk, and how Mara is ready to avenge Luke's "Death" (Althought I thick she do that anyway)

And the cut sceen o_O Do I hear a future plot bunny???

Please update soon.

jacky

18. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    A/N: First off, as a means of bribery I have finally finished the coverart for this fic. I had to go through about 20 different versions but it's down now. AND for the really bored;) I will just tell you that Kasrit's new Boss (that she's been working for besides just Mara since before the story stared) is in the cover. Somewhere. Pretty much hidden, but there. =P If you think you know who it is feel free to PM Me, Because it's supposed to be a secret.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/spiritofeowyn/daretobeobliviouscover.jpg]

Also Um.. I'm supposed to be working on my IAT story but DI is finishing up her post so I can't and Um... that's my Official excuse for why you haven't had a post this year yet. :p However I have most of this week off, so I should.. should probably work on this one.[face_blush]

Replies:

Jade_Eyes:
    Thanks that was what I was going for. None of this canned stuff. I'd be nervous if my brother was dating a girl who had told me she planned to murder him. There would be many questions. Yes, Leia just wants Luke to be happy... and settled down.:p Just like all married people. Definately to the point. Yes they love him in VERY different ways.:p

The cut scene isn't real! Don't worry. It's just a ESB joke which I never tire of.

Kasrit: She's some jealous, and a lot complaining. I wanted to do the perspective of someone outside looking in on serious PDA and lovestruck Mara, which given her past must be like watching a Wolf dance seductively. It would be weird and kind of scary.

No Sequel planned. But A lot is going to happen in the next chapters rather fast, probably surprizing.

Healer_Leona:
    ;) Yup. Dang Psychic children! That's what makes it so much more uncomfortable for the family. :p Mara calls dibbs on torturing the bad guy. Thanks. I knew I didn't want it in the story but it was too crazy an idea for me NOT to write it. :p

Redgold:

Cute is good. :) thanks. I had fun writing it.:p

Killik_Twilight:
    ::revives, hoping it's not too late:: Thanks. [face_mischief]

MirandaFair:

Thanks! [face_blush]
    I love writing cute family stuff. Indeed, those are two ladies you don't want to mess with. Leia is very protective of her brother. (she prob. still thinks of him as the naive farmboy from ANH that needs to be taken care of)

TNTornado: Nope no one is dead yet.[face_whistling]

Mmm She's always going to be hiding something from other people. However Ghent knows what they're about to do, how and a bit of why. If I was Kasrit I wouldn't tell Ghent everything yet--he's still pretty guilable and might spill the beans.[face_shhh]

Thanks

Jedi_Kassandra:
    Thanks! [face_blush] Writing the kids is always enjoyable for me. Tehy're just so adorable and mischieveous.

Jaina_clan_Solo: No Problem. I'm just happy you replied at all. Very Perceptive, very torturous of their family. :p They can definately build a relationship.

I believe Kasrit was hoping that the Jedi don't find out what she's up to.[face_batting] You know, like Luke or Mara.

thanks for reading!

Jackyyy17: No problem. :p I took a while to respond too. No hard feelings? I blame umm...DI?

Please define what 'our' side is.[face_mischief]

Yup, Fear for anyone who actually was able to kill him. They really needed to talk.

And the cut sceen raised_brow Do I hear a future plot bunny???

NO. Just my general sillyness, playing with Worst case scenario for meeting a boyfriend's family. :p

I'll try.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sending an uppie. :) [face_batting] Gotta have a little L/M romantic comedy, heavy on the romance. [face_love] [face_love] Nothing's sweeter than the two of them together. :D :D :*

20. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Thanks for the Up. :D

A/N: To be kind, or cruel depending on your interpretation I am going to post a teaser for the current page count of 4-5 latest post I am working on.

"So this is it huh?" Kasrit sat one of the 'special boothes' reserved for visiting dignitaries and other full of themselves folk of the Restaurant Gilded Corusca. It was perhaps the most expensive 'Look At Me' restaurant on the planet. Ghent had made a false New Republic pass that had named them the ambassadors to one of the lesser known systems. There were so many of them in the New Republic that they could have run random letters together and made it a believable planet. If they hadn't come for lunch there was no way they would have been able to pay for the bloated prices of this self important excuse for a restaurant. Still they made a good soufflé.

This is the start of a rather ominious scene. [face_whistling] Expect talk of planned proposals and betrayal.[face_mischief]

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005

A/N:Thank you Hil, for betaing this for me. :D[:D]

And I expect rather strong opinioned replies and 'heads on platters' talk after this.:p[face_devil]

Sorry for taking so long to post.

Chapter 14: Last Minute Preparations

"Look who decided to come to work." Kasrit grumbled, with an expression that clearly read 'who are you and what have you done with the old Mara'.

She had to admit that she had been slacking in the hardworking boss department. Talon hadn't pushed it when she had told him why but she knew that he must be disappointed in her too.

"Last time I checked I was the boss, and set my own hours." Mara picked up a bottle of water.

"Yeah." Kasrit made the constipated face she did when she wanted to say something so badly but knew she shouldn't. When she started working for her Mara had gained some satisfaction torturing her like that. That rebellious streak had made many of their more mundane jobs bearable. Just watching her fight her smart mouthed comebacks that would get her in trouble.

She spent so much time with Luke, but this ship, these kids were her family too. Mara patted Kasrit's head like she were a pet.

"Hey! I'm not a kid, leave me alone!" Kasrit jerked away, spinning her chair before looking back at her in fear of her quick words. For whatever reason the girl still seemed to think that Mara would kill one of her subordinates for being rude despite the evidence to the contrary. If she had been that type, Kasrit wouldn't have lasted a day.

Mara raised her eyebrow just to scare her. And like always, the girl fell for it.

"I mean, Um. Nice to see you Boss."

Kasrit appeared to be browsing the Holonet. On closer inspection she was looking at the layout and emergency procedures of several buildings on Coruscant.

"What're you working on?"

Kasrit paused. " Just trying to find a good safe apartment, that has holonet access. I know a sinking job-ship when I see one. With you gone all the time this job is not long for this world."

"Did Talon say that?" Mara twisted the bottletop off with a frown.

Kasrit looked everywhere but at her. "No..."

"Tell him I can't make him money if he won't give me a job to do." It was suspicious how little work Talon suddenly had for her. The market had dry spells, but her instincts told her this one was too convenient.

"You could call him you know, you have his access codes."

That wasn't a bad idea.

The truth was though, she was feeling less and less inclined to work for Talon. It was jobs from Talon that had kept her from getting to know Luke better these past years. It had gotten to the point where she had started to look forward to Big Galactic Disasters that would require Talon to loan her to the New Republic, for the sake of business, and for Mara that meant Luke. How did you tell the man who helped you rise from the ashes of your old life that you?d rather risk your life on a daily basis for minimal pay, than to enjoy the benefits of the cushy job he had offered her in his organization? It felt tantamount to betrayal. And how silly would she feel telling him that it was all because of some idealistic boy. That she was making her major life decisions based on the whims of a man she'd once tried to kill. He'd laugh at her and make her name a mockery of professionalism.

"I could." Mara went to her cabin to find that it had been broken into. Small smudge marks around the door made the suspect obvious. "KASRIT!"

"What?" She called, bounding towards her, all innocence.

"You broke into my room, my personal sanctuary-"

"Well, yeah." She didn?t even deny it. Kasrit didn't operate like a normal person, why had she expected normal self preservation techniques?

"WHY? You know it's off-"

"How else was I supposed to send Talon coded messages, as we are supposed to every 3 days? 'Sides you left the Holo-net off when you left yesterday."

Mara frowned and scanned her room for minute differences. The communications station and controls had been used. And. And her dress for

22. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    An update!!! *happy dance, happy dance*

Oh so devious! Kasrit is corrupting our boy Ghent. *evil grin smiley*

The plot has really thickened to a nice yummy gravy!=D=

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Kasrit, you are so going to be dead if you mess up Mara's evening.

Hell, I'd help her with that. [face_frustrated]

Superb post!! Can't wait for more.

24. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    I love Ghent, he's so cute!
    And things are differently going to change, that's obvious... hhmmm

25. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Great post! Hmmm...things are changing...oh boy!

~kass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.