main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Daredevil

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    So I know the general consensus among people is that this movie wasn't good. I liked it. A hell of a lot better than Elektra. Ben Affleck did an ok job but he wasn't horrible. I'm interested to see if there will be a Daredevil 2 in the future.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The Daredevil Director's Cut is fantastic. It is the only version of the movie that should exist. It add's several sub-plots and helps flesh out the characters more. Plus, it has Coolio!

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I thought it was decent, better than everyone made it out to be.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I always enjoyed the movie, but really enjoyed what the Director's Cut added to the film (though I miss the confessional scenes added to the theatrical cut), even added to Affleck's portrayal as well as the back and forth between and his partner (loved the "fight club" joke added in). As such, I was tremendously dissapointed with Electra (especially seeing as they glossed over her whole resurrection in what could have been a powerful scene), but I'd love to see a sequel- though it'd be tough to top Colin Farell's Bullseye as a villian.

"You're good, baby, I'll give ya that- but me? I'm magic."

5. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I enjoyed it for the most part. I havn't seen the Directors cut. I wouldn't have picked Ben to be Dare Devil but I think he did ok.

dkt

6. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The director's cut of Daredevil was excellent. Elektra on the other hand was crap. By the end of it, I was hoping that Bullseye would kill the idiot who wrote the script.

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i've gotten various stories on this but does Bullseye die at the end?

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    iirc in the theatrical cut after the credits there is a scene showing him recovering at the hospital where he somehow manages to impale a fly with a thrown sirenge, despite his incapacitation due to a full body cast. I don't know if the scene was included in the director's cut.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    That scene is in the DC, but it's before the credits and part of the movie proper.

10. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I wanted to be open minded about Benifer, and I wanted to like this movie because I do like Daredevil as a character. But when our first introduction is to see him let some badguy die, then it lost me. The Daredevil I know would never allow such a thing. It's against everything Matt Murdock stands for.

11. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I loved the movie, they need to do another one.

12. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I am in agreement with your opinion. "Daredevil" wasn't the greatest comic-adaptation movie I've seen, but it doesn't deserve the level of disrespect it received. I'd actually be all for a sequel, so there could be some new villains added to the mix. (I know she was kinda represented in "Elektra", but I would LOVE to see Thyphoid Mary optioned for a "Daredevil" sequel.)

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    has there been any talk about a sequel recently? i wonder if Ben Affleck would come back. if not him who could we get to play Matt Murdock/Daredevil?

14. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    watching the Directors Cut right now.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it's better than the theatrical cut. it adds more story

16. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    True...

but I like them both. I just wish the Directors Cut had been the one they released. I don't blame Johnson...I blame the studio..and his so called partner...(I forget his name)

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    the Director's Cut was rated R and the studio wanted a PG-13 rated movie. i hate it when stuff like that happens.

18. redsabreanakin

Feb 16, 2005
    I get mad everytime I watch this. This is the version they should have put out. The bar fight..and the match with Kingpin and Daredevil are just so brutal. It's great. I still like this better than Spiderman. It's much more darker..and more in line with the great character that Daredevil always has been.

The only thing that bugs me..and it's only a nitpick, is his martial arts ability. They never explained it. They let the audience assume that just because he has all these heightened abiltities...that naturally he can do all of this. Some background on his training and his training under Stick (seen in Elektra *shudders at the thought of that movie* but JG is in it..so I can't complain too much)...would have been the best.

19. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Have you even READ Daredevil? Sure, back in the golden age he wouldn't have done this, but in the past couple of years he's gotten really dark. Esepecially when he was outed in the press and he went off the edge, yeah, he'd kill people if necessary.

I like his darkness, it brings a fresh idea to the idea of SUPER hero...kind of an anti-hero.

20. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Daredevil has always been an anti-hero. Always... He's never been the hero that has the moral center not to kill evil-doers. He's a lawyer, some people deserve prison, and some people according to his judgment deserve worse. Have I seen Daredevil kill in the comics before? Yes! If the Joker was a Daredevil villain, he would be dead ten times over by now. Murdock does not take death lightly, and is more than willing to let "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" be law.

21. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Daredevil is a much better character/hero in the comics than he was in the movie. The movie was terrible and I'm afraid nothing can change that fact. It was just terrible. [face_sick]

[face_peace]
    LN

22. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I liked Daredevil, and, to a lesser extent, Elektra. I didn't like the way Stick and Kingpin were portrayed, but Typhoid Mary and Bullseye were pretty cool.

23. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Colin Farell as Bullseye was actually some brilliant casting. I wasn't a fan of him at first, but he definetly grew on me.

24. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Daredevil in the days of the yellow suit...he'd never kill. He worked WITH the cops on cases and was a generally happy dude.

It wasn't until the 80's when he started to go dark. Of course, Kingpin and Bullseye had a lot to say about that.

25. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought it was pretty good, although I didn't know much about Daredevil at the time he seemed like a pretty interesting character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.