Before - Legends Dark Accusations (JA, Obi/Qui ) UPDATE (finally!) 26 Aug/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Man, I am so sorry guys. I'll try and get somethning up tonight. I've been REALLY loaded down wih Darth RL. Bear with my guys, I really don't intend to have this thing die

EDIT: I spoke too soon *grr* No post tonight but I will try my best!
  2. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    No problem :D Juz when you can, I think we all can relate to RL :D Can't wait!
  3. The_Hutt Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ah, no post! *sobs quietly into hands* Come on Arwen! And that's a great idea, Katie! Here's my contribution of something that will never be said in episode three:

Palpatine: Hey, do you think that the plans for this massive sphere-shaped weapon could have any weaknesses?
    Cohort: Weakness, shmeakness. Monstrous weapons aren't capable of weaknesses.
    Palpatine: Right you are!
  4. katie9918 Jedi Master

star 1

Hey, Arwen, I just thought of something while I was rereading one of the other parts.

Is it possible that Xanatos is pulling the strings here? Maybe he had Obi-Wan beaten (or did it himself) and framed our boy Qui for it?

And here's another couple of "no way, no how, unh-unh" E3 moments.

"I'm truly sorry, Obi-Wan. I should have listened to you." --Anakin/Padme/Yoda/Mace Windu/Bail Organa/BlueGhosty!Qui

"All I ever wanted *sob* was to be a famous drag queen!" --Palpatine on his rise to the top of the Sith food chain

"Shut up, Padme. This is all your fault." --Bail Organa

Hee!

Kath

5. Maija_Darklighter Jedi Youngling

Up up! When are you going to post the next chapter?

Are you trying to torture us? :p

~Darklighter
  6. Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Great story. A new post would be great, but quality before quanity... a well written post less often can be better the lots of short ones. :)

Or that's what I think
  7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Once again, real sorry about all this. It's all in the works but I've got finals coming up and I'm away for four days starting this saturday. Thanks so much for the patience, I promise to make this all worth it!
  8. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    No prob, can understand! Exams are quite important! :D We'll wait patiently (some more than others...) though it supposedly one of my virtues it sometimes slips away from me! ;) good luck with them!!
  9. Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ah exams.

One of the things I don't miss about uni.

Take your time, study is important, :)
  10. The_Hutt Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ah. Exams. Well, I guess I can't harass you about updates now, what with you being stuck in such an awful, emotionally-wrecking, confidence-breaking, sleep-depriving activity. Yeah, I just got through with mine. Well, take your time, but not too much time!
  11. Tanith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ahh, exam time - good luck with them. I totally sympathise, my exams are next week!

I love the story, I can't wait to see how Qui-Gon will convince the judge that he is innocent. Please Obi-Wan, wake up <face plead!>
  12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Okay, school is out but I've still been really busy. I'm tying my best and there will be a post soon, please bear with me!
  13. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
  14. Kaia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Upping this thread!
  15. Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I got to the second paragraph then remembered I'd read this one before on the other forum. *laughs* Great to hear it's resuming again. So far the story's been very compelling.
  16. Kaia Jedi Youngling

star 2
  17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    AND FINALLY A POST

I'm extremely sorry for the long wait, I've been going though a low point in writing for the past bit. I thank you for your patience, it really means a lot.

And now, without further ado, the post

Part 6

Den settled cross legged onto the floor as he told of the discovery made during the trial by the infirmary aid. Den found himself weary from the telling despite the fact that the events did not take much time to relate. The Frabzs exchanged meaningful glances, Mira?s beautiful grey eyes reflecting the fire of hope within. Nothing, however matched the look upon the Jedi Master?s face. To the two lawyers, the Healer?s apprentice knew, Qui-Gon just looked pleasantly relieved by the deep sigh that allowed his shoulders to sag somewhat easily. However, Den could read his emotions through Qui-Gon?s midnight eyes plainly enough. This hope, however small, meant the world to him. He nodded at the apprentice in gratitude, Den couldn?t help feeling humbled by the sincere thanks in that simple gesture.

?What about the blizzard?? Den closed his eyes, he was hoping for reason and logic not to jump into the conversation. But, Kris was right, if Obi-Wan was reacting to the holoscreen he would not be reacting further if the power was out. As if in warning, the lights above them flickered ominously. Den was not worried though, like the hospital life support systems the prison lights were on generators.

?Not much else can be done,? Den reported. ?No power will be given to the holoscreens until the power is up either tomorrow or the next day. All we can do it wait and hope. Not much different than before I?m afraid.?

Qui-Gon nodded slowly and looked at his clasped hands, ?At least we have something now.? A subdued silence passed through the quartet before the prisoner saw a datasheet poking out of Den?s robes. ?What?s that??

Den started and glanced at the object in question, he sighed as he remembered what it was. ?I was trying to think of possible information leaks in the Jedi Temple. I actually managed to get names of people who came in contact with the information by running a few polite questions by Master Yoda and Master Windu.?

Mira and Kris? eyes brightened as they remembered the reason for their visit. ?Got a pen on you, Apprentice?? Mira asked quickly as she passed Den over one and took out her own voice recorder and set it on. ?Tell us everyone you can remember ever having being told - ?

?That?s not going to be easy,? said Kris. ?Qui-Gon mentioned that the whole Order really knew about it.?

?Not details that Prime Minister Granhef mentioned,? added Qui-Gon in a louder voice. ?It was the common belief of the Order that Obi-Wan had been solely responsible. Kiro spoke of my abandoning him.?

Den tapped his fingers on his knees. ?Which means that we?re looking for potentially biassed sources. Beings who may have some sort of grudge against you perhaps, Master Jinn.?

?I thought Jedi didn?t hold grudges,? said Mira in confusion. Den and Qui-Gon only exchanged a glance in reply.

?The first people I thought of were us, your friends,? said Den with a glance at Mira who pointed the recorder more his way. ?Tahl and Obi-Wan obviously know the events because they were there. Bart Eerin, Garen Muln, Reeft, Arwen Jade Dumais, myself and all of our Masters? of course.?

Kris stroked his chin as Den gave a few more names of friends and acquaintances and brief background was supplied by both Qui-Gon and Den. ?Obviously Obi-Wan can be eliminated, and from what you tell me of all of their characters, even Bant?s outburst to you Qui-Gon, I can?t fit any of them leaking information out like this.?

?Not a chance,? Qui-Gon agreed before looking at Den again. ?What about the other names??

Den?s brown eyes took another glance at the list. ?I don?t recognize any of them, they?re all council aides or beings who worked in the long distance com room who received that message Obi-Wan sent asking for assistance.? Qui-Gon?s face turned opaq
  18. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh I like this Den fellow even more :D Sooo he had an alias eh? Great work!! This is sooo building up!! Love the suspense can't wait for more!
  19. PadawanKitara Jedi Master

star 5
  20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yep, Den can be sneaky if need be ;)
  21. Kaia Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Update! Woho! Good chapter!
  22. KenobisGirl Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oooo! This is getting so suspensful! Thanks a lot for the post, but no worries about the wait. We all have our down-time. ;) I'm looking forward to more!
  23. Falcon Chosen One

star 10
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.