main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Dark and Light

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GentleBant, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    So, who's going? :~)

I reserved my nickname, just in case.

2. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I think I'll see if I can get in but I'm really not very excited about it. I started playing WoW on Garretts account, it's sort of cool and I can play it on my Mac which is really nice for me, I have a feeling the novelty will wear off by the time I hit the top level, if not sooner. But I guess we'll see. So anyway, if I get in to DaL I'll give it a try but if I don't get in I'm not going to be too sad.

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, I have been playing World of WarCraft lately also. Dark & Light doesn't look that impressive too me.

4. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    D&L was recommended to me a short while ago and I looked into it. I'm not all that impressed with it. I heard that it has flying mounts, which could be cool, but still, I don't see anything that makes it very special.
    I own accounts for both EverQuest and Star Wars Galaxies and I'm satisfied with both of them. I've seen WoW and had the opportunity to play it but I declined. I wasn't thrilled with what I saw and opted, instead, to simply stick with my EQ.

5. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Having lost all faith in SWG I've been playing WoW also... quite a lot lately but that probably won't last long.

6. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    I need a bit more memory to play SWG and until then I get the worst lag imaginable. and so I haven't played it much yet. EverQuest is my main game but I haven't played it much lately. I've got a character in the level 50s and the xp is so agonizingly slow that I get tired of playing.
    I miss my X-Box. I was a fanatic for Knights of the Old Republic and KOTOR 2. Customizing your lightsabre was an awesome capability of the game. Now if you could just customize the sabre's appearance(s) it would have been aslmost perfect. I always opted for dual weilding lightsabres.

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hi, Nassik!

I finally hit the "cancel" button on GB in SWG yesterday. Kinda' sad to see the purchase and cancel dates pop up...

/sigh

So far, SoG is not fun for me. I miss having a SW gaming experience that I could enjoy.

Also, marma, just so you know, WoW expansions are being worked on. :~)

8. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    From what little I've been able to squeeze out of SWG between monstrous lag times it's a fun game. My first aggravation were the default game controls. It took a little poking around till I found the control settings and then I rigged them all to match my EQ controls. I've played EQ for a long time and so those are the controls that I'm used to. And the camera is a pain. I really prefer using the F9 key in EQ to swap the camera position. And I still don't definitively know if SWG has an auto attack feature. I sure haven't found one. In EQ auto attack frees me up for other things (as a caster this saves my hide) but in SWG I find myself slamming the attack key. What a pain.

9. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    NERDS!!!
    * points and wiggles around *

10. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    Who are you calling nerds?

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

Yeah....and? ;~) You know you're one of us!

:~D

12. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    I am a nerd. I wear my nerd badge with pride.
    I heart 'tillles....
    I am not crazy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.