Saga Dark Angel - A terrible tragedy and a child raised in the Dark

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jun 23, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Book-Geek Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is gonna end with someone in carbonite, isn't it? And any chance we'll see more of Pter and his relationship with Ana?
  2. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Aww. I think I like Pter.

Lol. Daala had it coming.
  3. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Was the new addition about Han? I can't remember exactly what you had before.

I like Pter too :D and I loved the cat fight [face_laugh]. Great add-on!
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Ooh, ana/Pter - nice!

hahaha! The cat fight [face_mischief]

5. ccp Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
    This story lives!!!

I'm glad all of you like Pter so much, he really is a great guy and we will see more of him and Ana at some point.

Yeah, Daala had it coming. ;)

Yes, someone is going to end up in carbonite.

Today I am ordering a new charger for my laptop since the old one got a loose wire.

Sorry for the delay!

xxxxxxx

Luke was sweating in his flight suit.  The battle was fierce. There had been more then enough close calls for his comfort.  He was pretty sure he had lost his gunner, Dak, in that last hit but he was too busy trying to stay alive and flying to check.

He glared at the Imperial Walker that had gotten in that lucky shot.  It was a little too lucky for Luke?s comfort.  Whoever their gunner was seemed to be able to anticipate where the rebel ships would be before even their pilots knew and there were only three people he knew with that kind of aim - himself, Han and Vader. To add to his feelings of unease, the tow cables couldn?t seem to attach properly to this Walker?s feet.  He had seen shots that looked as though they would stay and then they just slipped off again. It was really vexing and just a little frightening.

Luke set his mouth in a determined line.  That Walker was going to fall.  It had to, or there might not be enough time to evacuate everyone.

xxxxxxx

Lady Vader smiled as the Force Sensitive pilot came within her weapons range again. She carefully maneuvered the Walker's head and let loose a barrage of blaster fire. The snow speeder dodged most of it but she had cornered the pilot and the snow speeder went down, right in her path.

Part of her was gleeful that she had defeated the perfidious Rebel scum and another was nervous. Her father had given strict orders that the pilot be brought in alive and if he was crushed by her Walker . . . well she just might be in trouble again.

xxxxx

Luke ripped off his restraints and pushed up the canopy of his snow speeder. He froze for a moment at the sight of a Walker coming towards him, trying to decide the best course of action. It was going to step on him if he didn't hurry, but he didn?t want to leave Dak.

He wiggled out of the cockpit, grabbed a few charges, and then tried to retrieve Dak's body, but it was quickly apparent that Dak was gone and there was no way he was going to free his body in time.  Retrieving a body was not as important as saying alive to help the living.

Giving up, Luke threw himself as far from the downed snow speeder as he could just as the left front foot came down.  He shivered for a moment, both from the cold and from the realization of how close he had cut it this time, but he didn?t allow it to slow him down.  An instant later, he had grabbed up the charges and was running after the Walker.  The tow cables might not work on this one, but he had an idea, one that even this overly-lucky Walker shouldn?t be immune to.

xxxxxxx

Lady Vader smiled. The Force Sensitive had not only survived the crash but he had escaped his snow speeder.  Excellent.  Her father would be pleased.  With the Rebel grounded, it should be child?s play to capture him, especially since he was still close enough for her to sense his presence.  He would not be able to hide from her.

An ugly thought occurred to her.  If she had just been shot down, her first thought would be to go after the ones who shot her down...  ?All troops watch for charges,? she ordered the troopers in the hold.

?Understood ma'am.? A trooper answered.  She thought she detected a hint of confusion in his voice, but he would obey.  She turned her attention back to the battle.  Perhaps it was time to take a more personal hand in the fighting...

xxxxx

Luke used the ascension cable to hook onto the belly of the lucky Walker and then let the cable carry him into the air. Please don?t notice me! Please don?t notice me! Luke thought in an endless litany, sure that whoever was protecting this Walker would notice him while he was dangling there helpless.

Once he was up against the belly of the Walker, he cursed himself for not considering how he was going to
  7. Book-Geek Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh that darn hyperdrive! Now, who's the unlucky victim to be frozen in carbonite?[face_thinking]
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Great action and pacing Misty =D=

Loved the reactions from Ana, Lady Vader, and Luke. :)
  9. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice retelling of the battle. =D=

So are Han and Ana going to Bespin?
  10. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Great excitement of the battle.

Ahh. DAGOBAH!
  11. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the long delay. :( I was really hoping to have chapter 11 up by now. I will call Bryg today and ask her if chapter 11 is ready for posting. I just added two sentences and I want to make sure that everything is fine. Last time a posted a chapter she wasn't finished.

And yes they will eventually go to Bespin.
  12. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
    Dark Angel lives!!!!

Sorry, that this took so long. NaNoWriMo has Bryg in it's thrall but her novel is great! And there are only about fifteen days left of NaNoWriMo which is a relief to me since Bryg and I are doing a fic together (it's only being posted on Fanfiction.net because I said something slightly rude about the series and some people have long memories.).

Either way thanks for reading to all.

For those wondering the identity of Angel aka Lady Vader you will have to wait for a little longer for her identity to be revealed. Hee hee hee.

Alright I mean it this time. Time for the story.

xxxxx

Han crawled through the inner workings of his ship, trying to find exactly what was wrong. So far he wasn't having any luck.  He loved the Falcon, but at times like these, he wished that a few of her parts - namely the hyperdrive and a few other essential components - weren?t scavenged from whatever was available wherever he happened to be when they died.

Suddenly the ship shuddered. Quickly he scrambled out of the crawl space and poked his head out of the access hatch. The ship shuddered again. That wasn't a laser blast. Han thought. Something hit us, he realized just as Ana?s voice shouted, ?Han get back up here!? over the ship's speakers. Han pulled himself out of the access hatch and hurried for the cockpit.

Ana turned to him the second the door opened. ?Asteroids,? she said grimly.

Han quickly glanced at 3PO to see that the droid was deactivated. He sighed with relief.  That was one less aggravation to deal with.  ?Well, well, well.? Han said as he took the pilot's seat.  He knew it was a crazy idea as he did it, but he could feel it would work. With careful movements he maneuvered the Falcon into the asteroids.

?What are you doing!?? Ana yelped. ?You aren't entering the asteroid field are you??

?They would be either crazy or extremely determined if they follow us.? Han commented.

?You?re crazy to do it in the first place.?  There was silence for several moments. ?I would rather be tortured to death by the Empire then die out here!? Ana whispered.

?You don't mean that.? Han said as he flew by feel and instinct.  Angel and her father had showed him how and his time as a smuggler had honed his instincts.  As long as he stayed alert and trusted his instincts, the Falcon had more than enough maneuverability to dodge the asteroids big enough to do any real damage.  Most of the ships chasing them couldn?t say that and the TIE pilots were unlikely to have the instincts or reflexes to pull it off.

Now Han was really glad that someone had turned off 3PO. He really didn?t want to hear him whine and complain about the odds.  Not when he needed all of his concentration for the task at hand.  They flew for several minutes before Han spotted one of the bigger asteroids. Quickly he flew towards it.  ?What are you doing?? Ana yelped again.

?Finding a safe place to hide and repair my ship.? Han spat, completely annoyed with the girl.  ?Unless I need your Highness?s permission??  They had been travelling together off and on for long enough now that she should trust him.

They soared over the surface of the asteroid until Han saw it: a cave.  ?That looks good,? he commented to Chewie before maneuvering the Falcon into the cave.  Chewie roared an agreement.  At least Chewie would back him up.

?I'm going to die young!? Ana whispered.

?Maybe.? Han replied as he maneuvered the narrow passage.  Maybe I?ll take care of it myself.

xxxxx

Luke frowned as they approached a planet.

?That's it: Dagobah.? Luke told R2.

Are you sure about this? You can always change your mind, R2 said.

?No, I'm not going to change my mind about this.? Luke told the droid.  He frowned.  ?I'm not picking up any cities or technology. Massive lifeform readings though. There's something alive down there.? Luke commented, mostly to himself.

Do you think it's safe for droids? R2 inquired.

?Yes, I'm sure that it's perfectly safe for droids.? Luke replied with some amusement.  He wondered sometimes how old R2 must be to have developed a personality i
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Hi: i love your little side comments LOL and great stuff here with Piett getting more than he bargained for :p

And with all of us thinking we know who is whom ;) :D

14. Book-Geek Jedi Knight

star 3

[face_laugh] Poor, poor Ana!

Nice update, Lady_Misty!=D=
  15. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    This was Piett's lucky day!

I'm really curious about Lady Vader's identity, but I'm still betting on Leia.
  16. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Poor Ana. Han is going to be the death of her.

I liked the scene with Lady Vader and Darth Vader. It looked like daughter helping her daddy to me.
  17. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad that all of you liked parts of the last chapter!

The only excuse that I have is that Google Docs didn't share this chapter with Bryg when I thought it would. My bad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ana sighed as she watched Han move around the Falcon. She had no training in the field of mechanics. For a long time she had been proud to be a true princess.  She was willing to get her hands dirty in the metaphorical sense; diplomacy was certainly work, despite what some people might claim.  But she had never had any inclination to get physically dirty, especially with something like mechanics that would get her hands greasy. Now she was regretting her decision.  If she knew how to fix this bucket of bolts they might already be on their way.

?I'm shutting everything down except the Emergency Power,? Han announced as he did just that.

?Does that mean that 3PO stays off?? Ana asked, almost hopeful.

?No, I need him to talk to the Falcon and see if we can figure out what's wrong with the hyperdrive,? Han said.

Ana groaned as Han left to reactivate the droid. She really wished now that she had just given the droid to Luke or better yet, she could have left the Hoth Base sooner and avoided having to travel in this junkyard Han called a ship, too.

xxxxx

Luke sighed as he collected the last of the emergency supplies from his X-Wing. He slowly headed across the makeshift bridge he had created so that the thing living on the water wouldn't try to eat him.

He trudged through the swamp a short distance to the little camp that he had set up for the night. He walked over to R2 and plugged him into a portable generator.  ?What a strange place to find a Jedi Master.? Luke commented to his companion.

Yes, it is. R2 agreed.

?This place gives me the creeps,? he said as he picked up a ration bar. ?Still...there's something familiar about this place.? Luke said as he took a bite of the ration bar in his hand.

What do you mean? R2 asked.

Luke half shrugged. ?I don't know I feel like-? Luke cut off as his senses screamed that someone was watching him.  He spun around, pulling his blaster out of it's holster as he turned. A small green alien sat a short distance away. It yelped and cowered before him.  ?...Like we're being watched!? Luke said, a touch of anger in his voice.

?Away with your weapon. I mean you no harm,? the creature said in a trembling voice. ?I am wondering, why are you here?? The creature asked, moving his head up and arms his arms down.

Luke hesitated for a second, but such a tiny creature hardly seemed like a danger to him.  It wasn?t like it could report his presence to anyone. Its clothes were so threadbare that it was doubtful it had the technology to report to anyone off-world and it was the first intelligent creature he had met here.  And it certainly looked too old and crippled to take him on in a fight.  On the other hand, it might actually know where this ?Yoda? person was.  ?I am looking for someone,? he told the the creature.

?Looking!? The creature said. ?Found someone you have, I would say!? The creature giggled in a way that made Luke suspect the little green creature of being at least slightly insane.

?Right,? Luke said uneasily, wondering what he had gotten himself into this time.

?Help you I can! Yes, mm,? the creature said.

?I don't think so.? Luke said. ?I'm looking for a great warrior.?

?Great warrior.? The creature mocked scornfully, limping toward Luke?s camp. ?Wars not make one great.?

Luke let out an aggravated sigh as the creature made his way to the rations kit, unwrapped ration bar, and took a bite. The creature promptly spat it out.  ?How you get so big eating food of this kind?? he asked Luke.

?That's the only food I have!? Luke nearly wailed as he quickly retrieved the rations kit and closed it.

?Why land in the puddle did you?? he asked Luke in an overly innocent tone.  Either he was not very intelligent or he was being sarcastic and Luke was already annoyed over the landing and the wasted ration bar and this whole stinking place.

?Listen we didn't mean to land in that pudd
  18. Book-Geek Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmm. So who--besides Vader, who obviously isn't the culprit--want Han away from Angel?[face_thinking]

I have a feeling Besipin is going to be awkward for everybody.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Ooh, interesting progression of events there especially at the end. A hard choice indeed. [face_thinking]

Nice title for the tie-in tale of Dark Angel Chronicles. :cool:

20. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    YODA!!! :D

I loved Han remembering Angel like that. [face_love]

Can't wait to read about Bespin.
  21. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I love how Han remembers Angel, so sweet.

But YODA! I LOVE that scene. Well done.
  22. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Bespin is going to be awkward for everyone.

Hint: I told you who wanted Han out of Angel's life.

My Beta and I are so sorry that this took so long! But at least it's long.

xxxxxxx

Luke was exasperated with the creature.

They had only gone a short distance to a small hovel and than his guide told him to come inside so that he could eat and get out of the rain that was coming. Personally Luke liked the rain and didn't really mind getting wet, sometimes.  Especially when the alternative was to crouch in a house built for someone a quarter of his size.

?Look, I am sure that it's delicious, but I don't understand; why can't we go see Yoda now?? he told guide as the little creature stirred a kettle of unidentifiable mush.

?Patience, for a Jedi must take time to eat as well,? the guide responded, unperturbed by Luke?s tone.

Luke sighed and made his way over to the fireplace, picked up a bowl and ladled some of the stew-like food into the bowl. Curious he took a taste and made a face. This stuff tastes just a few hairs better than gray weave! he thought.

At that moment his guide came over.  Luke quickly grabbed some cooking spices and dumped them into the bowl and slid away from his guide.  Now that Luke thought of it, neither of them had offered their names.

?Why wish you to become Jedi?? his guide asked. ?Mostly because of my father I guess.? Luke told him.

?Father; powerful Jedi was he,? his guide said. ?Mm, powerful Jedi,? he mused aloud.

?Come on!? Luke said. ?How can you know my father?  You don't even know who I am.? he demanded plaintively before frustration overtook him.  ?I don't even know what I'm doing here! We're wasting our time!? Luke snapped.

?I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience,? His guide said softly, though with a clear measure of annoyance, seemingly to the air.

?He will learn patience,? Ben's voice said.

His guide turned a measuring gaze on him. ?Much anger in him. Like his father.?

?Was I any different when you taught me?? Ben's voice asked.  Luke's suspicions rose.

The creature looked at him straight in the eyes. ?He is not ready,? his guide pronounced.

Luke could keep quiet no longer. ?Yoda!? Luke breathed. Yoda nodded.   Then he realized what this meant.  Yoda didn?t want to train him.  ?I can be a Jedi. I?m ready!  Ben tell him that I'm read-?  Luke started to say as he stood and hit his head on the low ceiling.

?Ready are you?? Yoda asked scornfully. ?What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. Seen many like you have I.  Adventure, excitement. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless,? Yoda told him.

?So was I if you remember.? Ben said.

?He is too old,? Yoda pronounced in triumphant tones.  ?Yes, too old to begin the training.?

?But I've learned so much.? Luke said.

Yoda sighed. ?Will he finish what he begins?? the elderly Jedi asked Ben.

?I won't fail you! I'm not afraid!? Luke told Yoda with conviction.

Yoda looked at him for a second. ?You will be. ..You will be!? he warned his new student. Luke stared at his new Jedi Master, a chill running down his spine, but he still could imagine nothing frightening about the Force.

xxxxxx

Han shook his head as he examined some relays with Chewie.  He lost his concentration as hurried footsteps caught his attention. Curious he looked up to see Ana racing towards him; fear written all over her face.

?There's something out there!? she yelped like a frightened child.

?Where?? Han asked her.

?Outside in the cave,? Ana replied, her voice shaking.

He was about to  tell her it was all her imagination when a banging noise filled the ship.

?There it is! Listen! Listen!? 3PO wailed from his place at the main computer where he had been giving Han and Chewie advice on how to fix the ship as he listened to the main computer report on the damage to the Falcon.

Han tossed his tools to the deck and grabbed an air mask. ?Come on Chewie, we better check it out,? Han told his friend.

?Are you insane?!? Ana nearly shriek.

?I have, more or less, just fixed this bucket of bolts. I would ra
  23. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh, nice twist on Luke's vision. Looking forward to see what happens next.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
  25. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Nice! I love Luke's vision in the cave!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade