main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Assassins I: Future Incursion (J/J, Tahiri, Valin, OCs) - ** AUTHOR'S NOTE FEBRUARY 21 **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Draconarius, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wonderful update, Draco!

Its such a good news/bad news situation for A/T. Mostly, I feel so sorry for both of them.

Nice emotional texture here.

oldj

2. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    They're back together, but Anakin has no idea who he is....good news/bad news alright. I'd feel sorry for them, too, but I'm the author who's putting them through all of this, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed. Thanks, oldj.

Yes, I have last worked some real (well, sort of) A/T into my fic. And, yes, Anakin isn't crazy; just a little confused. And have you been Thrawn-plotting my fic again?

Oh, come on! The last time Tahiri and Anakin had pagetime was just before Denon, and that took up three chapters! Anyway, I can promise more A/T in the near future.

EDIT: 300 posts! Yeah!

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005

Maybe ... [face_whistling]

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Sorry I really have no excuse for not having long-term memory (okay, not for fanfics, including my own) but still, teh A/T looks like it demands alot of attention.

5. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    And they shall get that much deserved attention....

right after i'm done with the next chapter :p

Anyway, said chapter WILL BE UP TONIGHT!!! This one I've had plan for weeks, and hasn't undergone any radical last-minute changes like the Denon Assassination chapters did.

6. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Chapter Thirty-Eight

?Valin, pass us that hydrospanner?? Vylett growled as she nearly forced her shoulder of its socket attempting to reach that blasted power cable buried inside the Dark Angel?s engine.

?Hey, don?t overdo it, Vy.? Valin said as he gave the requested tool. Vylett pulled her hand out, grabbed the hydrospanner and forced her hand back in, trying to fasten it around this? kriffing? power cable!

Vylett gave up and pulled her arm back out, rubbing her sore shoulder. Both she and Valin were atop the Angel?s starboard wing, working on the holo-shield emitter inside the third engine. The ship was ready for launch, so the Jedi could technically launch their attempt to rescue Serin at any time, but Thomas wanted every last holo-shield emitter ready to go. The holo-shield also doubled as the Dark Angel?s normal shielding system, so if one of the emitters was out of action, the entire shield would be a lot weaker. One good shot on the weakened section could blow right through and take out a wing, engine, or cause a hull breach.

?Vylett, you shouldn?t be pushing yourself like that. Not this soon after getting half of your stomach blown out.? Valin put his hand on Vylett?s shoulder as he spoke. ?Keep that up and you?ll dislocate your shoulder.?

?One more try,? Vylett said, pushing her arm deep into the open hatch. Valin shook his head and left his overly-stubborn fourteen-year-old apprentice to her work as he clambered back on top of the engine and continued working on the nearly-operational holo-shield emitter up there.

?Hey, Vylett, maybe you should finish up on this one,? Valin suggested as he saw her struggling again. ?My arms are longer than yours; I should be able to reach that cable you?re stuck on.?

?I?m not trying to reach it.? Vylett growled.

?Alright, Vy, just be careful,? Valin said. ?I don?t want you getting hurt again.?

Vylett ignored him, closing her eyes and focusing. She wasn?t trying to physically reach the power cable because she didn?t have too; all she was trying to do was keep her hands on the tool until she latched it around the power cable?s connection to the holo-shield emitter. After that, she could just use the Force to turn the hydrospanner until it was tight enough to satisfy Master Zadar.

The problem was that, with only three years of Jedi training under her belt?the first of which had been greatly spent recovery from the horrible abuse she had been put through on the streets of Chandrilla?she was far behind most of the other Jedi padawans her age. Take Serin, for example; she was barely a year older than Vylett, yet she was far more advanced in her Jedi training, and would waste poor Vylett in a fight of any kind. Except, maybe if they were fighting in the alleyways of some really big city; after living on the streets of Chandrilla?s capital for six years, right up until Valin found her when she was eleven, Vylett knew how to disappear into an alleyway or crowd. In fact, the only time she had failed to do so was when Valin had spotted her and chased her down. The only reason he had managed to catch her was because she had only been attacked by that inhuman monster of a man the day before, and she had been in a lot of pain. Not that Vylett minded; being found and rescued by Valin was the best thing that had ever happened to her, period. He had helped her, loved her, given her a purpose in life. He was the closest thing Vylett was ever going to get to a father.

Vylett?s mind was very abruptly brought out of reminiscing and back to the present when she realised that the hydrospanner had slipped out of her fingers. Cursing softly?and making sure that Valin didn?t see her?Vylett pulled her arm out of the access panel and looked inside, hoping that she had at least managed to get the hydrospanner latched onto the power cable. To her delight, it was firmly fastened around the annoying cable. Vylett allowed herself a brief smile and reached after it, stretching her arm until her shoulder threatened to sli

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_worried]

This is going to be interesting...

Thomas is really suffering on a couple of fronts. I'm hoping that somehow things will be resolved for him (in a good way??). It seems the "little" things are stacking up for or agains them.

Excellent post. Looking forward to more!

oldj

P.S. Congratulations on your noms! Well-deserved.

8. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Only five Jedi? Try more like seven. Our little tag team is still coming to the rescue, right? Not to mention the dissention among the assassins. Poor Vylett, she's been through so much. That hand wound sounds nasty.

9. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Yes, it should be interesting... the final chapters are slowly approaching. In fact, we've only got about ten to fifteen left. Lots of lightsaber duels coming up. And I still haven't finished with Thomas. OCs are there to be tortured, after all.

And thanks for the congratulations!

Seven Jedi? Jaina, Thomas, Aranay, Valin, Vylett... well, if you count Shadow and Valkyrie, I suppose it's seven. And, yes, poor little Vylett. I realised before I wrote this chapter that I hadn't given her a decent chapter yet, so... yeah. Glad you liked it.

10. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005

I was counting Anakin & Tahiri.

11. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh... yeah. I didn't count them because they're off by themselves for now. Emphasis on FOR NOW.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    A gold lightsaber might also mean Anja Gallandro for the YJK'ers. Anyhow, wonderful chappie! I don't blame Thomas for what he's thinking.

13. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, it could, but he isn't in this fic, is he? Thanks, Sil.:D

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Actually, Anja's a girl.

15. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh...:oops: yeah, that's right, she is.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  17. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    uppy soon?!?

18. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, I am still trying to get this Shattered Mirror update up, but rest assured that this next post will be up soon. Another little A/T bit.[face_devil]

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    A/T ya say? Alrighty! *brings piano* *plays Across the Stars*

20. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Ah, Sil, this is ME we're talking about. Do you really think is going to be nice, mushy A/T??

21. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    sulks away....

noooooo[face_worried]

22. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Don't worry, I won't kill them, either, and they'll be plenty of mush--eventually. I just have to finish putting them through hell first.

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Good to hear and it sounds like you're not going to pull off a certain desperate stunt that I did on every character who appeared in an old fic.

24. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

The planet that the Ragnarok emerged from hyperspace near looked so much like Naboo that Tahiri almost checked the ship?s navigation system to make sure she had arrived at the right coordinates. Even though they were on the side of the planet that was currently nearing night, it was plain to see that almost every last scrap of land was green, and every bit of water looked, at least from a million kilometres away, to be amongst the most pure, crystal-clear water in the galaxy.

It was strange to think that this planet was the source of the most lethal people in the galaxy.

?This is it.? Anakin stated quietly.

?Are you sure?? Tahiri asked, glancing to her right where he was seated in the co-pilot?s seat. ?You haven?t been here in ten years, right??

?I?m sure.? Anakin said again. ?I can remember every last detail of every last thing I?ve seen over the past decade.?

?Since when do you have a photographic memory?? Tahiri asked.

?Since I escaped from the base here.? Anakin replied.

Tahiri frowned and returned her attention to the Ragnarok?s controls. These assassins had done so much to Anakin. His memories were gone, his whole personality had been changed, and the assassins had even replaced his entire left arm with a prosthetic. He was so dissimilar from the Anakin Tahiri had once known. But the old Anakin was buried in there, somewhere; Tahiri would find him eventually. After these assassins had answered a few questions.

By now, the Ragnarok was entering the planet?s atmosphere. There were no ships in sight, not even a scout fighter, and that only served to make Tahiri nervous. With the resources these assassins had, she was expecting them to at least have a decent defence force around. The fact that they had nothing in orbit meant that all of their resources had been spent on something else, something rather large. Tahiri didn?t really want to be jumped by it.

She knew there was no sense worrying about it, though. She looked to the left, and saw Anakin staring blankly down at the rapidly closing grassy plain beneath the Ragnarok. He was nervous; Tahiri could easily tell that through the Force. Not even a supposed death and ten years apart could completely destroy the bond they had once shared. It had come pretty close to destroying it, but not quite.

?Are you alright, Anakin?? Tahiri asked.

?I don?t know,? he confessed. ?I?ve got a bad feeling about this.?

Tahiri almost cringed at how much he sounded like her Anakin. ?We?ll be alright, Anakin. We?ll find out what these guys did to you, and we?ll see if we can?t find a way to get your memories back. Sound like a plan??

?What if Shadow?s here?? Anakin asked. ?And what about the other assassins??

?Others?? Tahiri asked. She had only seen Shadow so far; any other assassins were just theories to her right now. ?What others??

?There?s three?no, wait? two other assassins,? Anakin said slowly, wondering, as Tahiri was, how the hell he knew that.

?I don?t suppose you know how you?re in possession of that information?? Tahiri asked.

?What do you think??

?Thought not.?

That brought them back to an overly awkward silence. Anakin was still really nervous; who wouldn?t be, invading a hostile base to try and recover memories that no one was going to hand over willingly? Tahiri reached over and squeezed his right hand ever so gently; it was still covered in bacta patches and very sore from the hole in the middle of it.

?Everything will be alright, Anakin,? she said once he turned to look at her. ?We?ll get your memories back, I promise.?

Down on the planet?s surface, in the middle of the [i]Dragon?s Nest[/i]?s main hangar, Meryck Nightridge stood at the base of a small transport, waiting for his apprentice to bring down the last passenger bound for the Golan platform; Serin. Meryck had already loaded four magnaguards and six droidekas onto the transport?more than enough to deal with Jaina Solo Fel, Valin Horn, and any other Jedi who might join Thomas Za

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow. Anakin and Tahiri sure have hit it off ... again. Oh, no! Tahiri's walking into a trap! I hope Anakin blows Meryck's head off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.