main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DARK BLOOD Teaser Trailer is here

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by charonis, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
  2. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    First fan trailer with no ignited sabers?

3. dtsman428

dtsman428 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2004

I like the music!

4. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Well you have my interest, I'll definitely check this movie out when its done.

Very different from the usual style which was good, of course this is just a teaser.

It reminded me a lot of that 'the passion of christ' movie thats out right now, was that intentional?

Ninjas!

5. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    Very interesting.

I'll watch it when it comes out.

6. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks a lot guys for the positive feedback.

ironhide - no ignited sabers a good or a bad thing?

dtsman428 - so do i :) i actually picked that music before we started filming :)

Rebel Scumb - we intended to do a different style teaser, i loved the passion of the christ teaser, but no, we didn't copy that

Nitroblade - thanks for the support

EDIT - Guys, if I don't reply to a message right away, dont be mad, there's about a 20-something hour time difference between my location and yours (I live in Sydney)

7. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Looks cool. Like the MGS soundtrack. :)
    Wasn't thrilled about the blue and red checkered floor, but I bet you guys could key out the blue on the floor and change the color if feel it's distracting too.

8. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    Ideally, we would not have had that floor at all. However, this movie being very low-budget, it is more plot-driven, than location or special effects driven. There are lightsabers, force powers, etc, but do not expect to see ships in dogfights blowing up every 3 seconds.... in fact don't expect to see them at all.

My intention is for viewers to look past those smaller details and enjoy the movie for what it is. (Once you've seen the entire movie, you'll know what I mean)

While we appreciate other fanfilms, we chose to move away from the common setting of the Original Trilogy and existing characters (eg. set 2 minutes before ANH, etc.) We decided to go in our own direction, and create an entirely unique story, still set in the Star Wars universe, but having nothing to do with the time period of the original movies.

9. MatrixSWX2

MatrixSWX2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    Well, I sure can't wait for this film (adds this to his fanfilms list of ones he can't wait for) I especially love the high fly kick of the guy's back.

10. FriarStrong

FriarStrong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    Blargh! Someone stole my icon!
    Or maybe I stole someone's icon...uh-oh...

Anyway, nice trailer. You handled it well, it certainly left me wanting more (in a good way). Hurry up and finish the movie!

11. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    It looks promising...I must say though: I didn't like the chechered board room too much, if you had a room that big at your disposal, why didn't you just make it a blue screen room? Allwell I guess it's done already!

~Rory

12. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Could be fun.

I'll be checking it out when it's posted.
    But please.. please change that floor if it's not too late.

=P

13. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    MatrixSWX2 - just wait till u see the full thing.... :)

FriarStrong - we are trying to complete it as fast as we can, but with the amount of work involved, it will take a while (hoping for a june/july release)

fireresq7 & VaporTrail - we didn't make it a bluescreen room because basically we didn't have the budget to make it. Even if we did, we still wouldn't have bluescreened it. None of the scenes in the entire movie are bluescreened, all filmed on location. And don't worry, the whole movie isn't set in the checkered floor room, quite a bit of it is tho. And yes, it is too late to change :)

14. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I actually like the checkboard floor.

15. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    looks cool... but... is this SW ?[face_plain]

16. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:: breaths ::

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was going be the first to use "the best is yet to come"

Oh well, I'll use it anyway.

17. charonis

charonis Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    djr33 - yes this is star wars, however, the story does not take place anywhere near the original trilogy, or the prequel trilogy in fact. The story is set on another unnamed world that exists outside the Republic. We decided to steer away from the usual setting and create something original that people will hopefully enjoy.

The thing is though, there is quite a story to tell, and so far the movie will run for at LEAST 30 minutes and possible over 40. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care much either way, as long as the story is told, I'll be happy.

Ephisus - i'm just suprised no one used it earlier. Even tho fanfilms are set in the SW universe, why do the trailers have to have SW music? Time to move away from good ol' John Williams (I am the biggest fan, don't get me wrong), and explore other composers, there are hundreds out there.

18. wweagent

wweagent Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2004
    hey charonis you will know who this is from the username and post!!

Some of the camera work from the teaser was awesome, who is the guy the shot those scenes?

to the guys that are complaining that it doesnt look like or seem like a star wars film, if you want that then go watch kiddie corner or something along those lines

ppl are sick of childish scifi films, eg episode 1 so quit ya whinning and stop flapping ya melly louth gums about it.

19. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    In reply to the post i made about a month ago - no ignited sabers is good :)

Makes it just that little bit different from all the other films out there.

Looks like you are writing the story first and then usuing all the tricks at your disposal to tell that story rather than 'how can i fit a kick ass saber fight into a film' type of film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.