main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Confessions of Jedi Master Windu

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Shaitan, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Mace Windu - Dark Confessions of a Jedi Master

by Master Shaitan and IMTHEGENERAL

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The Jedi order has been clouded since the re-emergence of the Sith.

Due to this darkness many Jedi have been unable to use the force and have made some flawed choices.
    The Evil Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, has taken advantage of the Jedi?s weakness and manipulated them into making negative decisions.

Despite battling against the growing darkness and attempting to restore peace in the galaxy Mace Windu, whom is attached to his beloved Republic, has fallen prey to the influence of the dark side?

TPM:

?I do not believe the Sith could not return without us knowing? - Mace

?Ah, hard to see the dark side is? - Yoda

This first piece of dialogue shows us that there is a difference between Yoda and Mace Windu.

Mace throughout AOTC.

'Keepers of the peace not soldiers'. Stating facts or pro army stance? Mace Windu insisted on pointing out to Palpatine that the Jedi could not handle a war if the Separatists broke away from the Council.

Possible disappointed look at Padme arrival - as she is against clone army. Everyone is expendable for civilisation in Mace?s eyes.

As soon as Padme says about Dooku Mace is up on his feet defending him with some poor theory - disgruntled spice miners...'. When he says 'Dooku was once a Jedi', he is patronising and intimidating. Not only foolish comments but perhaps have deeper meanings? Also he says that murder is not in a Dooku?s character thus implying it is not the Jedi way. But doesn?t he kill an lesser foe in Jango? Doesn?t he go to kill Palpatine?

Jumps in and goes above Yoda's head and agrees with Palpatine and has Obi Wan report to Padme. It is also Mace who later tells Anakin to protect Padme and take her to Naboo - get her out of the way?

It is Mace in this scene who makes another decision - 'talk to Palpatine to get him to persuade Padme'. Would Yoda agree with this? He looks disgruntled by Mace's interruptions. Mace obviously trusts Palpatine in this film. Has he discussed things with him. Do they share the same views? Is there a secret relationship?

'Too sure of themselves they are. even the older more experienced ones'. - MACE specifically?

Mace Windu insisted on going to the Senate to inform them of the Jedi's diminished powers. Yet another reason why an army would be needed.

He doesn?t seem to be surprised to see Obi Wan attacked on Geonosis and is first to speak. However his first words seem to pave the way for the creation of an army - tells Anakin to keep Padme on Tatooine, leaving the decision to Jar Jar.

He kills Jango in cold blood. Look at the way Dooku looks at him. In novel Jedi don?t see his actions here. Dooku is surprised and perhaps shocked by Mace?s actions. Mace has also just killed someone whom could hold vital information. Did he have to kill him? Ok they were in the middle of a battle but Mace is supposedly a Jedi Master. Surely there was another way. Jedi should have reverence for all life.

[The chat with Dooku - 'worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi order'. . Dooku talking in double meanings maybe - Mace's role in ordering clones, deleting files? For me this mystery has only be given implied answers. No facts yet.]

Mace Windu?s aggressiveness in AOTC:

1) Mace Windu?s act of killing Jango represents his ruthless and aggressive side. He didn?t have to and shouldn?t have killed Jango. He could have incapacitated him and brought him in for questioning later - even Dooku looked shocked by his act.

2) Leads the Jedi into a fully fledged battle - I believe that Yoda would have handled to situation differently - however Mace had taken that role and had left it for Yoda to go to Kamino. Even so, on screen its always Mace that we see make these choices and lead the Jedi hastily into battle and ultimately to their deaths. We will see this in ROTS too.

Mace in ROTS:

Once again, he plays the role of the Jedi who leads other Jedi

2. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
  3. SAG

SAG Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2005
    What a read! there is certainly enough here to point the finger of blame at windu. this would really enhance the story. That pic...is it new??

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Is this trying to prove Mace Windu is evil, even though you know it will never be revealed in the films?

5. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    That Mace Pic Is OLD OLD OLD

It Is From An AOTC Cut Scene

6. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Im not reading all of that... Summarize.

7. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    Meh, can't wait for this "Mace Windu is evil" stuff to end... only another month or so...

8. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    [image=http://img219.echo.cx/img219/2131/macearchives3rl.jpg]

This is from a cutscene. It was reshot. Yoda is supposed to be standing next to him.

9. cc2318

cc2318 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Whether Mace is evil or just a powerful jedi master--- DOESN'T MATTER IF HE'S DEAD!
    [image=http://www.predoslje.com/~danco/pic/matrix/traitor.jpg]
    How can he be the one... IF HE'S DEAD?!

10. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    My eyes are bleeding!

But it is a nice argument, i fear what the rebuttal is going to look like....

11. robbie_20002002

robbie_20002002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2004
    Shame you typed up all of that and yet you still don't understand the plainly obvious. Mace isn't a dark Jedi, or a Sith, or any other nonsense that you conjure up through your incorrect EU interpretations.[face_plain]

12. adamlee

adamlee Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 12, 2004
    well said. You obviously did a lot of thinking behind this. If Lucas spent this much time, wed have fully developed characters.

MACE: Yes I killed them and I hope they burn in hell!

13. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
  14. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Damn! Somebody likes to write! Whew!

Dude, summarize! A third of that would have made the same point...

15. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    1.) We alread have yet another "Mace is a traitor and erased the archieves" thread here.

2.) "Mace is a traitor" threads are as old hat as "Palpatine is a clone".

3.) Why do people want to think the one black guy in the PT has to be a bad guy? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

4.) The script is available for download, or you can read it at MF.com. There are no plot twists.

16. Clovis

Clovis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2000
    To me, this is a far more interesting and well thought out thread than some of the others that have appeared here lately. (The "If you had to pee, what scene would you choose to miss..." comes to my immediate attention.)

However, I don't think Mace will be given that much depth in the movie. But I do agree that he, in part, represents the arrogance of the entire Jedi Order.

17. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    The pic is from a scene where Yoda and Mace discuss the prophecy.
    And it was dropped.

18. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Can you please POST a LINK to the screenplay?

19. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    a thread worthy of recognition!

i suspect that any jury would convict mace based on that evidence :D

hope the thread survives even if i'm still not convinced that mace is a bad boy :)

20. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    That whole post was really kind of a waste of time, I'm sorry to say. Windu is a hero. Where the hell do people get this Windu traitor **** from? I would have thought that it died three years ago.

21. raw_bean

raw_bean Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2004
    Wow, Mace Windu really is somewhat of a Rorscharch ink blot for some of you people, isn't he?

Sometimes, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is *just* a duck.

22. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    I don't think this means that Mace is a traitor. I think it means that Mace is flawed. Really, I see a lot of similarity between Mace in RotS and Luke in RotJ. Both are seduced and use the power of the Dark Side against the Sith Master. Using the Dark Side, as shown by Mace's purple-sabered combat technique is a far cry from joining the Sith. It's a matter of riding the fence really closely. We see a lot of this sort of thing happen later in EU NJO as well. It doesn't mean Mace is Evil or the agent of Evil, it simply means that he's in dangerous territory and the results are a great example of what happens when you play with this fire.

23. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Don't forget, Qui Gon was evil too.

24. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    Mace didn't order the bleepng clones. Mods, how many threads on who ordered the clones do we need?

25. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    THIS THREAD DOES NOT IMPLY THAT MACE IS EVIL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.