main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Confessions of Jedi Master Windu

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Shaitan, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    He smiles in the deleted scene when talking to Obi-Wan. I liked the deleted version better than the one with Yoda. It was more compelling.

He also smiles when talking to Padme about Dooku.

2. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002

I still think he's a snob, as if he and his council just know evvvvverything in universe. Thank god for the chosen one, the force must have been pretty ticked off at those Jedi lackies.

3. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    sigh... yet another Anakin apologist.... OK for pretty boy Anakin to betray Mace, kill the Jedi, kill the younglings, fight against Obi-Wan, conspire with Palpatine, help oppress the Galaxy, but the Jedi hurt little Anakin's feelings, and people want them thrown in jail.

4. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    OMG!!! Funniest post ever....ha ha ha ha ha hoooo ha ha ha whaa haha haha ahaha whoooo...BLAZE....OF...ha ha ha ha...GLORY! OMG....HA HA HA HA HA HA OOOOHHHH sooooooo witty....get it?...blaze of ...ha ha ha ha...Glory...oh man! thats soooo witty...thats priceless priceless.....oh man...ha ha ha ha wooo haha ha ha....

CABLE-X, I'm pleased that you 'enjoyed' the sarcastic theme in my post :rolleyes:. What a lovely person you are...

Now, can you detect the sarcasm in this post I wonder...[face_plain]

Now move along and lets get back to some hardcore Windu-bashing....

[face_whistling]

5. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005

"you were the "chosen one"......."

"it was said you would destroy Shaitan not join him!!!"

*hangs head* "you once showed such promise in the force........."

"such a waste........"

*retracts "duel" film compliment*

6. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004
    "you were the "chosen one"......."

"it was said you would destroy Shaitan not join him!!!"

*hangs head* "you once showed such promise in the force........."

"such a waste........"

*retracts "duel" film compliment*

"You underestimate my power!"

*Knocks the possible friendship on the head* :D

7. darth_zom

darth_zom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    If by... errr... "power" you mean... errr... the ability to catch fire while crawling up the bank of a volcanic river with only one mechanical arm and no legs at one's disposal, then we've got no reason to fear anyway! [face_pumpkin]

Mace would have trounced Grandpa Palpy if that meddling kid Anakin hadn't showed! [face_devil]

"Don't try it!"

8. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004
    If by... errr... "power" you mean... errr... the ability to catch fire while crawling up the bank of a volcanic river with only one mechanical arm and no legs at one's disposal, then we've got no reason to fear anyway!

Mace would have trounced Grandpa Palpy if that meddling kid Anakin hadn't showed!

"Don't try it!"

"Oh,I don't think so" says ITG while he burns on the bank of a volcanic river...

9. CABLE-X

CABLE-X Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    In my time...Mace would have been a valuable asset to our cause. We too have a code...but sometimes...evil doers force us to deviate from the high path. Palpatine deserved to die...before his Sith plague could infect the Galaxy.
    The one called Anakin Skywalker is a traitor...and in my time he would have been shot repeatedly with plasma rifles until we were certain he was obliterated into dust particles.
    I too fell in love once...but alas I had to put my feelings aside and do my duty. This is the true warriors way....
    Professor!...bodyslide by one...the man called ...CABLE...OUT!

10. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    ;) You know whats coming guys!:

HE WAS TRYING TO STOP MACE FROM KILLING PALPATINE WHICH IN ESSENCE WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! - GL

I couldnt not resurrect this old dog upon coming across this bit of info...yes literally!

For me, it means Mace did the wrong thing by going in for the kill, Anakin did the wrong thing by attacking Mace. But Mace and Anakin should have taken Sidious under arrest. Anakin had other reasons for doing this, but essentially he was right.

11. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I always felt that trying to Kill Palps in front of Anakin is what Made the Jedi look guilty to Anakin. " their planning to betray me " and Anakin being left behind , and then coming in to see Mace with Palps, on his knees begging so to speak was a bliunder of Galactic proprtions on Mace's part.

12. mustardlyman

mustardlyman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    The only thing dark about Mace was his skin. Although I do believe that as he was falling he was thinking " I knew I was right about Anakin ".

13. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    How do you arrest Sidious? It's not possible. He was disarmed and still refused to give up. You can't arrest him. Mace tried to do the right thing but Anakin was a headcase and bc of Anakin the Emperor survived.

14. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    Exactamundo

15. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    Think about Luke in cuffs in ROTJ...now picture this. Sidious is handcuffed by The Jedi....he says"I'll no longer be needing these"...clink...no more cuffs. LOL...maybe they could strap him into one of those things Obi was in on Geonosis? Do they make portable ones?

16. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    People here know that Sidious cannot be arrested.....

Hell a 2 year old would be able to figure that much out.....especially after they'd talked to farrellg and heard how god-like Sidious was:p

It was never about that.....

They bash Mace for different reasons.....

17. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I think after today my new policy is to stay out of Mace discussions. they are to exausting [face_tired] not to mention controversial.

18. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    No way DZA! Even if you disagree you still present your arguments in a respectable way! it wouldn't be the same without ya fam!

19. MasterKenobi777

MasterKenobi777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    I think it would have been best to arrest Palpatine. I also feel that Mace was going to do the wrong thing and Anakin did right but he didn't need to cut of his hand, just block the saber. Had they arrested Palpatine, I have no doubt Palpatine would have tried to get free and possibly kill Windu, at this point Anakin could act and take down Sidious only if he resisted which I'm sure he would. If Mace chose to do the right thing, I think Anakin would have not turned to the dark side and then when he saw that Palpatine was going to try to escape and kill Windu, Anakin could kill Palpy bringing the Force into balance, therefore it would have been a 'justifiable' killing because Palpatine was resisting arrest and was attempting to kill a Jedi.

20. EwokThatCried

May 22, 2003
    Would Anakin kill Palpatine and risk the knowledge to save Padme? I don't think there would be a scenario where Anakin would kill Palpatine until he achieved the power he craved.

21. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think i'm going to run with this theory in the OT forums

Anakin should've tried subdueing Palpatine instead of throwing him down a reactor core; i mean, at least Mace tried arresting him. I think the end of RotJ really shows that even though he's back; he still has darkside tendencies. I mean, how dare he destroy Palpatine. That poor Sith Master seemed so helpless when that blue stuff was flying out of his hands - that blue stuff, i'm going to call it blue rays of love and fun!

Poor Palpatine; i think the ultimate message behind the overall saga is - Palpatine is the real victim, he's contineously being attacked while he can't do anything about it; he representes the helplessness of mankind. He represents the ugly side of life where you can never feel safe; and where blue rays of love and fun are sometimes seen as life-threateningly dangerous lightning bolts (how silly!).

Poor, poor Emperor.

- O_F

22. EwokThatCried

May 22, 2003
    People need to understand why Lucas says "in essence" when describing what the right thing was. Normally Anakin would be right, in essence, but he is unaware of the truth, that Palpatine is not defenseless like he says he is and is planning on murdering Mace at the next opportunity.

23. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    Got bored 2/3's through... sorry I didn't read it all. But everything that I read pointed out flaws in Windu that has always irritated me. Never liked the character, although I LOVE Samuel L. Jackson as an actor. Mace is one of the main reasons for the fall of the Jedi, but some of that main blame falls on Yoda, the old stick in the mud who just calmly let it fall to pieces.

24. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Sorry, but the commentary does not support your theory. Even if your final conclusion was correct, which is not 100% given, your whole reasoning behind it has not been proven. As I understand it, the commenatry discusses none of the issues you have addressed. No source supports the basis of you theory.

Its like Math class. Getting the right answer means nothing if you can work the problem, and do the proof.

25. IMTHEGENERAL

Nov 17, 2004
    Everybody prepare. The hour grows near.....

Tomorrow should be a fun day.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.